Animated Arcee hand issue

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Dormamu, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    Something I noticed Saturday while playing with my Animated Arcee, the thumbs to the hands on the inside of the hand are starting to show stress marks. I've been putting the swords in properly by sliding them down into the hand holds, but there's major signs of stress, almost to the point of the thumbs wanting to break off. Thankfully, I caught it ahead of time and reinforced the inside of the hand with some clear bonder, but I figured out that the hand grips on the swords are almost too large to fit into the hands without it causing some stress.

I'll put some pics up later, but for now a basic visual representation through the magic of ASCII:

This is how the sword handle technically looks:

| <------------
    ------ <----------- blade edge
    | <------------ These two pieces are just to make it solid in the hand.

If you put them in this way:
    \ /
    X
    / \
    It's supposed to not cause as much stress, but still will. Again, sorry for the lousy ASCII effects, but pics are forthcoming.

My current solution was to clear bond the inside of the hand (didn't affect the diameter), and to also file down the two pieces mentioned above. It doesn't affect anything but the hand hold, and still fits in solidly, but with a LOT less stress.

So the question for those of you lucky enough to find Animated Arcee as well, have you or are you seeing this on your figures?

2. Gligamesh51

Gligamesh51 @ThatGuyNeedaHam

News Credits:
    As the discussion on Arcee in the feedback thread are pointing out, its seems to be the pegs she grips with her hands in car mode, not the swords that is causing her hand stress marks.

So if you like Tfing her, then you're gonna love her stress marks!

3. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    You'd think after years of being on this board, I'd just go check that out.

*facepalm* Thanks Gligamesh. And your avatar rocks.

4. VectorPrime404

VectorPrime404 Banned

Hey, at least she exists. I want to get her because she's Animated Arcee and G1 Arcee rolled into one, more or less. G1 Arcee has no proper toy representation apart from this. Stupid sexism...

5. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i went to toysrus this entire week and found just about no animated figures at all. sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!