animated activators, better made than you imagined?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by microclone, Aug 29, 2008.

1. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i have BB and had a play with SS, now i know BH has transformation issues but im amazed at the quality of BB and SS at least, the plastic seems tough, bright, and holds detail well, teh paint apps are also excellent, very neat.

The toy is very solid and everything fits together so well, the joints have optimal tightness in all cases. Overall they feel better made than the regular animated figures, i get the old G1 'feel' from these figures, not the look but just the durability.

anybody feeling acivators are better made than you expected?

2. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yep. They're solid little toys. Bumblebee in particular is really fantastic. Starscream I like far better than the Voyager version and Bulkhead...well, he's Bulkhead so I like him, but he's pretty much a dud compared to the other two.

3. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    ive heard that theyre great, and im annoyed with myself for dissing activators earlier on, when i started out and got deluxe bumblebee...deluxe BB is total crap, its possibly the only figure in my entire collection that i really dislike...sad..i tried looking for the activators BB today but couldnt find it....starscream and bulkhead at least have major size issues, and wont go into a full TFA collection, like mine....but i think activators BB will fit in really well, coz he's pretty tiny in the cartoon...

4. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    I actually like them a lot, especially Bumblebee. Looking forward to picking up wave 2, even though I don't care for Lockdown being shorter now.

5. Gort

Gort Klaatu barada nikto TFW2005 Supporter

Starscream and Bee were great. I picked up Prime and his bot mode is great, but I have a lot of problems getting him into truck mode. I didn't pick up the other two wave two Activators so I don't have anything to say about them.

6. n_tel_ekt

n_tel_ekt Wreaker

I havent gotten any of the Animated stuff but that Activators Starscream did catch my eye. Its very impressive for its size.

7. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    Bulkhead, no. I don't regret buying him, but he's just as I expected.

BB & SS? Amazing. :rock 

8. unclemarsellus

unclemarsellus Imaginaut

I haven't bought any yet but I like the Activators more than the regular toys. The Bumblebee looks great and... well, they just seem cool. I have an affinity for mini-bots and the line is a neat little idea.

9. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I personally think their made better than I origionally thought they would be, but not better than the "normal" Animated figures. If anything their about equal.

10. Reflector Unit

Reflector Unit Cameracon

I haven't bought them yet, but I intend to. I'm just waiting till there's a bigger roster. I don't want JUST Bumblebee and Starscream, so I'm gonna wait till Prime and Ratchet are released to and get them.

I'm really hoping for an Activators Lugnut too. Finally, he'll be in a show accurate scale with Megatron! (Activators Megatron, of course)

I'd like a Blitzwing activator too, but as I doubt they'd do a triple changing figure that small, what altmode would they pick? Personally, I don't care, but you just know that if they pick tank, the jet fans will rage, and vice versa.

11. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    I got Bumblebee for my daughter the other day, now I wanna go back and get a couple for me.

12. unclemarsellus

unclemarsellus Imaginaut

Okay, stopped by Toys R Us on the way to the girlfriend's and finally broke down and got the Activators Bumblebee I'd been oogling for weeks. And, um, yeah... I don't think I've transformed a Transformer this much in my adult life. And it's only been a half hour since I opened it.

Soooooo much fun! The paint applications are perfect and the plastic quality is excellent. It's a back-to-basics, outright fun toy. Why can't the normal Transformers be this good?

13. MADMEX33

MADMEX33 Well-Known Member

i also got wave one for my son and i like them so much that now im gonna go back and get some for me

14. repair_bay

repair_bay Scramble Power!

Ebay:
    Most deff. Personally, I prefer Bulkhead over the other two wave ones. Wave Two looks promising; saw them today but didn't pick them up yet. Ratchet looks really awesome.

15. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've almost always thumbed my nose up at any TF smaller than a Deluxe.... these however, are pretty well done.

16. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Bumblebee is way better than the deluxe version..i 'l get Cliffjumper and thundercracker.

17. project9

project9 White n' Nerdy

I'm still trying to think of a way to make BB's arms better... that's the only drawback on the toy.

It really harkens back to the old days with G1 toys... you know, when you could just play with them? It only took you a couple seconds from one mode to the other, so you could just play. TF now a days take minutes to transform - so it takes out the role-playing type of fun that the kid in you loves. "Transform and roll out!" *5 minutes later -- finally roll out*

18. unclemarsellus

unclemarsellus Imaginaut

LOL, so true. I remember Transmetal Dinobot took me a half-hour. I won't even get into the MPs or Alternator/Binaltech times. Let's just say once it was transformed, it stayed transformed. Forever.

That's one of the reasons I like Activators Bumblebee so much. It's back to basics. Back to fun.

19. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    I have the activators Bumblebee and he's awesome.
    My 3 year old nephew came over, I showed him how to transform it and he never put it down.

Solid win.

20. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'll let you know once Thundercracker is released. :)