Animated Activators Are Awesome!! Do You Agree Or Disagree?!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GrimlockAutobot, Mar 24, 2009.

?

Are Animated Activators Awesome?

1. Yes

51 vote(s)
    91.1%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    8.9%
  1. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    I was just sitting here messing with my Animated Activators Grimlock and something occurred to me........I think I like Activators Grimlock's dino mode better than voyager Grimlock!!.......is there something wrong with that?

Don't get me wrong, I think Animated Voyager Grimlock is one of the best (if not THE best.) in the line. He might even be one of the best Grimlock figures period. But, I like the smaller scale of the dino mode on the activator and I like the paint apps and the large Autobot symbol on the side of it as well. I also like the fact that you can open his mouth and keep it open.

In robot mode, Voyager Grimlock is better though. WTS, I think Animated Activators are awesome. While I only have Grimlock opened at the moment, I can't wait for the new Fireblast Grimlock to come out and I've seen Prime a couple of different times and I may get him as well.

I also picked up the Target Shockwave pack and I haven't opened it but, Bumblebee looks like a pretty cool little figure.

So what do you think? Are Animated Activators awesome? Why or why not? Which one is your favorite?

Which ones do you think I should definitely take a look at and buy?

2. DanicusTF(cdn)

DanicusTF(cdn) Well-Known Member

You will be doing yourself a favor if you get yourself at least one of the seekers. That particular Activator mold is, in my opinion, exceptional. Some are hit and miss, such as Prime for his Alt. mode and Lockdown for his Robot mode, but I do agree, Activators are just... well, fun!

3. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    Thanks!!......We'll make that part of the thread too.....Which ones do you reccommend?

4. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I bought all of them accept dirge and cliffjumper for my son. I just love how you push a button or tab then boooosh....transformed.

I like ratchet the best i think.

5. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I'm in between yes and no. I do like Bumblebee but the others I have (Optimus, Megatron, Thundercracker, Grimlock, and Bandit Lockdown given to me by my cousins for my Bday) are ok but definitely nothing I'd consider a great Transformers toy.

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I need Act. Prime/Ratchet and Legends BB/Prowl so I can display them with V Bulkhead.

7. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wouldn't call them awesome, but Bumblebee (from my leader Bulkhead) was surprisingly nice!

8. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    I told myself not to buy Activators, now I have four of them lying around at work.

They're cool because they are pretty accurate in looks (well, most of them), their small size kind of feel good when you hold them (for some reason it just feels better, even though I like my big bots!), and the fact that they pretty much transform with one click is pretty awesome as well (although I wouldn't want this on ALL my TFs).

So yeah, they're groovy.

9. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    Overall, yes. Now bring on Activators Jazz, Sentinel Prime, Ultra Magnus, Swoop, Snarl, etc. :) 

10. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't like them.

11. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

I've purchased a few of the little guys and the only thing that kind of bugs me is their price point. Although I suppose the engineering put into them would kind of demand the $9 per figure, I would suppose.

I really like Bumblebee (I don't think anyone would disagree about him probably being the best of the bunch), Thundercracker/Starscream, and Megatron. The rest are just ok to me with the exception of Lockdown who is just not good.

12. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like the concept very much, and would like to see them incorporated into other lines.

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    i only have 4. Megatron,BB,dirge and bandit lockdown.

i love them all except for bandit lockdown. :throw 

14. AMG

AMG Old School

I haven't picked up any of them yet, but I do think they're cool little bots.

15. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Reason being? Just curious.

I have them all except for Cliffjumper and Dirge, and that's only because I haven't found them yet.
    The Starscream mold is nearly flawless, and the best of the bunch. Tied for second are Grimlock, Bumblebee and Megatron. Three-way-tie, but I can't choose my favorite.
    Least favorite is either Bulkhead or Lockdown. Bulkhead's just too small and 'hollow', and Lockdown just looks wonky.
    I had to make a cannon for Megatron, though. They show it on the packaging, but it isn't an accessory. With an official cannon included, it'd easily be the best of the crowd.

16. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only ones I have are the pack-ins that came with Shockwave and Sunstorm and I think they're fairly neat. The push-button transformation is fun and they do a good job capturing the characters. However, they are far too expensive to justify purchasing any of them on their own. I've seen them at Target for $8.50 - $9.75; that's damn near the price of a Deluxe and way too much money for such a simple toy. Maybe if they were $5 - $6, I'd be more willing to buy some.

17. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bumblebee and Starscream = Win
    The rest = Fail

18. Knightsword

Knightsword Fire in the North TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Ya guys know this type of transformation has been used for smaller transformers years going back to the tail end of G2 and BW for the basics. They are great for younger kids and the animated ones are much better at integrating vehicle kibble then their predecessors.

19. Tyjos

Tyjos Just another Collector

Well I bought the Shockwave and Sunstorm Packs...I must say I am impressed with them.

I may look into getting the other Seekers that have been released like Thundercracker and Dirge....

I like the fact that Activators BB is a much better figure than the Deluxe one.

20. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

I only own one right now, but at least it's one of the best: Activators TC. I got it when my mom found him in a store and got him as a stocking stuffer for me, thinking it was Classics 1.0 Thundercracker! (My mom had asked why there were multiple Starscreams in different colors in Bridge to close pt. 2, and I somehow eventually tried to explain the infamous classics Thundercracker issue by describing as a "super-rare" figure since he was only availiable at Botcon 2007 Stateside. My mom being totally being unable to tell the difference between Classics and Animated bought the Activators TC on sight as a mistake). My figure has only two flaws: his head likes to flip back too much, and his sholderpads come off too easily. Otherwise he's another example of awesome enginered into a little toy.

Can't wait to try out Activators Ratchet and BB, as I'm getting the Target 2-packs mainly for the repaints.