Angry fans.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Hellscream15, Jan 21, 2012.

1. LacksAFace

LacksAFace Devastator's Balls

I don't know. I think maybe what Hellscream's getting at is that half the people who post on the movie forum dislike the movies. I can imagine why that would be annoying, but I enjoy debating with those with a different opinion so it's all good.

2. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    In HellScream15's defence (and mine by extension, since I made a similar point), yes, while nobody can predict the future (well, I honestly wouldn't put it past Peter Cullen and his awesomeness... ;)  ), it just seems like the inevitable outcome that not everyone can be pleased. I know it's hard to believe, but I've heard/read comments from people and talked with who actually dislike (or dislike certain things) from the well-received adaptations like LOTR, Nolan's Batman movies, Abrams' Trek or Iron Man. They complain about things just like us Transformers fans do, even if the film is a genuinely good adaptation. Some things just don't match with what they want.

To your last point there: "Oh, you have much to learn, my disciple. Transformers is merely a commercial. It's power, it's potential, can never be truly tapped...only complained about." :p 

3. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Because you can't please everybody and some people are born whiners which are never happy with anything.

4. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

A great big this.:D 

5. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    ^This.

I complain, not because I hate the movies, but their wasted potential. Bay had a chance to do so much more than he did.... it's like going on a date with a supermodel, and she wears dirty sweat pants, a wrinkled tee and her hair and makeup aren't done. You're still happy, but pretty disappointed you don't get to see her at her best.

6. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Strangely accurate comparison. Ceasar's right. Again.

7. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Excellent comparison, Ceasar! Right on the money with that comparison.

8. robodog

robodog Fur, Fangs and Steel

They should make the next one a Gobots movie just as an experiment to see how many fans' heads they could make explode with anger. And they should give Leader-1 the voice of Gilbert Gottfried.

9. SuperJazz

SuperJazz Dictator of my Dimension

:bay  Boom, there went some fans.... :bay  and some more.... :bay  by the Allspark will this ever end? :bay 

10. Chromia217

Chromia217 I luv Mark Hamill

Obi Wan, u speak the truth... ;) 

11. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

12. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Yep. Irony. Someone doesn't want to read about more bitching so they make a thread bitching about the bitching which will bring in bitches from both sides to bitch more. It's an endless bitcharama that does nothing to improve things between people of differing opinions. I suspect these kinds of thread are made solely in the hope it'll bring certain people out of the woodwork and show them as the bad people the thread starter believes they are while also drawing in those that agree with the thread starter so they can bask in a false sense of smug solidarity.

How quickly the movie forum would become dull if only Bay Ravers were posting in it. It may sound like an exciting prospect for those that love these films but they'd soon get bored with everyone agreeing. I suspect many from both 'sides' come into here just for the drama caused by poorly thought out thread topic ideas like these and the friction they will knowingly cause.

13. Notilator

Notilator Xenomorph4

I don't get why people don't understand the boxy, geewuner robots just don't work in real movies :banghead:  And that's just one of the many complaints people have about the movie :crazy: 

14. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    I got tired of it by the end of 2006.

15. Notilator

Notilator Xenomorph4

Hmmmmm.off topic but That bitching about bitching thing kinda reminds me of capital punishment for some reason....

16. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Movies tend to take over brands for a while as everyone with a commercial interest in the brand tries to cash in on the big Hollywood movie. Which is pretty great if you happen to love whatever the big Hollywood movie is doing with your beloved characters, but if you don't like it then it can feel like you favorite brand has been kidnapped by people who just don't give a damn about you.

I've heard people say "ignore the movies" but my question is how? They have to run loads of trailers and TV ads because a big box office haul requires a massive ad campaign these days. You can't go to the store to buy toys because retailers only want to stock movie toys and keep stocking movie toys long after the movie brand has slowed. And movies have a habit of spreading their fingers into other parts of the brand like Bumblebee on Transformers Prime just being a beeping version of movie Bumblebee.

With the movies wanting all the attention they tend to get it both good attention and bad attention. Once something else Transformers becomes the main focus then less of the heat will be on what the film did to make some fans so very unhappy.

But if you want a fandom where no one complains about anything or where no one is ever upset because they feel like their needs were not met, well that just isn't going to ever happy because we all have different wants and needs as fans.

17. Notilator

Notilator Xenomorph4

I think you pretty much solved the problem so there is absolutely no need for more posts, no sirry :ev: 

18. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    And we'll be there waiting at the midnight world premiere.

Hey How could that be any worse than Devastator's balls, dogs humping each other and seeing John Turturro's butt.

19. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

The arguments are generally the same stuff from 2007 rehashed every time a movie comes out. It gets old after a while. Some of the arguments are more valid than others, but they all boil down to rehashed jabber.

20. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    By the same token, so is the praise.