Angel : the fight continues

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by General Magnus, Aug 25, 2007.

1. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

We are getting a cannonical sixth season in comic format from Angel (Buffyverse)

From Wikipedia:

Angel: After The Fall
    The story will be continued in a canonical Season Six as a 12-issue mini-series (a comic book, not tv series), subtitled "After the Fall". The series will be written by Brian Lynch (Spike: Asylum) and is plotted by both Lynch and Joss Whedon. [28][29

So, we will know who survived the fight and how? What happens ? Can´t wait:D 

If this means Illyria´s return, i´m a happy camper.

2. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Sweet, I haven't been reading Buffy season 8 (waiting for the trade), but this is certainly good news.

3. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Buttstuff Werewolf

News Credits:
    Yeah, there's a lot about this on the IDW Boards. I think it's sad they're calling it after the fall. I'd have stuck with Season 6 to actually pull readers in.

I was talking to my local comic guy and we were talking about how he's getting calls for Angel Season 6, and he's well, it's called after the fall, and a lot of people are passing on it. Shame too since Spike: Shadow Puppets doesn't stay on the shelf.

Looking forward to it regardless though.

4. Wreckie

Wreckie Holder of the Discomatrix

Ebay:
    Hang on, people are passing on something they took the trouble to call in about just because it's called something different? How do these people's brains operate?

5. Chrono Grimlock

News Credits:
    Well, lots of Buffy and Angel wants stuff that's canon, not just continuity. There's been three angel minis;with two of them taking place after Not Fade Away. Their sales were less than stellar.

All the Spike Minis up until Shadow Puppets didn't sell very well either; but Shadow Puppets actually has a sight gag addressing that. Spike gets shot with an 'official canon'.

Good times.

6. Ogami Daigoro

Ogami Daigoro Blue Lantern Bearer

I see that point. Fan fiction or non-canon universe stuff is usually not as interesting as the stuff that's officially part of the main universe. See most of the Star Wars novels/comics/games for examples.

7. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

Man Angel was a great series,looking forward to the comic now.

8. Wreckie

Wreckie Holder of the Discomatrix

Ebay:
    But this is part of the main canon, isn't it? It's just not called Season 6.

9. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

Joss is co-writing it so I don't see why it would not be cannon, just becuase the medium (comics not TV) is different doesn't matter. I may pick up the trade on this, looks pretty cool.

10. Chrono Grimlock

News Credits:
    Correct. While Buffy is. Hence people dropping Angel er, well, not pulling it. Angel: After the Fall sounds cool. But Angel: Season 6 would move units. I'm not arguing the canical aspect of it, I'm stating there's people dropping the book before it's been released because it's not 'season 6'; which I find ridiculous.

Joss isn't co-writing. Brian Lynch sends him scripts, and Joss points out what's good about but what shouldn't be there. Joss might be credited for an outline, or plotter; but it's all Brian Lynch. and I love him.

Also if you want Angel to continue, please by the issues.

11. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    Joss Whedon once said if he could continue ANGEL then he would've let Angel and his remaining company live --- which meant they "died" in the series finale if you read into his comment like so. (Or I could've misread wherever I saw that comment.)

So given that ANGEL: After the Fall is coming to comic book shelves, this means Angel survived his battle with the hellions, which is always a plus. Angel dying in battle like that after all he did seemed kind of overly melodramatic to me.

12. Chrono Grimlock

News Credits:
    He didn't say he'd let Angel and crew live, he said he'd never have killed off Wesley. It's always been implied Angel survives, as well as Spike. They've been in comics taking place after "Not Fade Away" for over a year. I think Angel first IDW Comic was after NFA*.

Spike, Willow and Faith were to have spin-off movies about 2 years ago. The deal fell through; as did the faith spin off.

Fake Edit - Angel: The Curse #1-5 (January 2006 - May 2006)

Having survived the battle of " Not Fade Away", we find Angel in Romania. He has traveled there in the hope he can find the Kalderesh clan, the Gypsies who cursed him with a soul. Angel believes that he deserves some happiness with a woman, possibly with Nina having been through so much and lost so many that had been close to him.

Danke to Wiki

13. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

I don´t buy it. Seems way to familiar to IDW´s comics "Angel : The curse"

14. Chrono Grimlock

News Credits:
    ...I'm talking about Angel: The Curse. I took the reference directly from Wiki.