Angel: After the Fall #1 *spoilers? but of course*

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Chrono Grimlock, Nov 21, 2007.

1. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    So, first of all. Get out of the thread if you haven't read it yet and don't want it ruined?

Gone?

Kay, lets getter dun'.

So I was FREAKING BLOWN AWAY. I honestly loved it. I've read all the Buffy/Angel comics released by now and I've never read Angel so perfectly characterized. I was never a fan of the Angel stuff from Dark Horse and even the IDW stuff I read in trade form was very fun, but very boring. Luckily I picked up Shadow Puppets and was introduced to Brian Lynch there ( I went back and grabbed Spike Asylum).

I was riveted. There wasn't a page nor panel that didn't scream, "Angel is back and it's f'ing perfect". It trounced Buffy: Season 8's first, well, 9 issues thus far. It had "adjusted" Connor, Nina the Werewolf, Gwen Raiden, Angel and Gunn with a truly HOLY SHIT moment. Poor Wesley...

Easily the best book I've read this year. Fan Buffy/Angel/Spike? Get it now. Do. Go on. We'll wait. Not a fan? You will be. The book is pretty easily accessible and a joy to read.

I'm hoping some more of you read and enjoyed it as well.

2. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    It wasn't bad, but the Buffy issues were more believable. I also thought the art on the Buffy issues were handled better.

3. Chrono Grimlock

News Credits:
    Hn, I didn't find the army of Slayers with laser weapons led by Xander Harris very believable, even in terms of the Buffy shows direction toward the end. :p 

I did find L.A. warped to hell pretty par for the course. Even had some of the demons in the buildings that cameoed in Buffy's season 5 finale.

The art? Yeah, I found it very muddy and rushed. Although, Urru had a great flow for story and some really good character depictions. Although... Nina clearly had Harmony hair...

4. Ogami Daigoro

Ogami Daigoro Blue Lantern Bearer

It's been a while since I watched Angel (though I did recently pick up the series box set through Deep Discount's sale), so I didn't remember what happened to all of the characters. But cool twists with a major character and I like seeing some of the other background characters back. I'd prefer cleaner art and knowing more about what happened with Dark Fred/whatever-her-name-is-now.

5. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

Give us spoilers! Please. :) 

6. Chrono Grimlock

News Credits:
    To get revenge on Angel Wolfram and Hart warped L.A. to hell. Angel is forced to the confines of the Wolfram and Hart offices. Connor, Nina and Gwen are running a shelter type deal out of the old hotel from season 2 to 4 of Angel. Gunn is leading a troop demon slayers through the various parts of L.A. to take down the demon leaders. Wesley is a ghost, kinda, pretty much the same thing that happened to Lilah in the beginning of Angel season 5; his contract extends beyond death; so he's forced to keep tabs on Angel for WR&H. At the end very end, it's revealed Gunn is a vamp himself now!

Good stuff.

7. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

I wonder what Illyria is doing...

8. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    The Wesley contract thing confuses me. Still, Spike appears to be coming into it next month. Sweeeeeeeeeet.

9. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

It kills me that I quit buying single issues, and have to wait on the trade not only for this Buffy, but now Angel too.

Sounds really good too.