,,,and we get TFU Galvatron. (sigh)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jorod74, Dec 11, 2009.

1. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Custom Transformers Classics Warpath Figure

And Hasbro gives us floppy Galvatron?
    it seems so unfair.

hard to tell from the pics, but this looks to be Deluxe class.
    go ahead, just pour the Morton's all over my back.

(this dude has skillz. wish HasTak would give him an internship.)

2. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I liked Universe Galvatron :[

3. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Um, but that's not Galvatron. That's the Deluxe Megatron from the 2-pack of Classics 1.0. And very well done, too.

EDIT: OK, just re-read your post... understand what you mean now. "This guy does this with a toy, and Hasbro gives us Universe Galvatron"... I've had too many beers to go into why I see your point, but understand Hasbro's position too.

I also like Universe Galvatron, though I totally see why anyone wouldn't like him.

4. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    thats from Jin Saotome hes pretty well known. and the basic figure is Classics deluxe Megatron

5. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    me too.....sure i wanted him bigger but i love that guy.....hell i love every figure we got from universe (didn't get hotshot and all the voyagers except treadbolt and inferno and add powerglide and the minibots and g2 megatron to that list)

6. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, not feeling the Galvatron thing you're referring to. Are you just saying this is so badass, yet we can't get a decent classics Galvatron?

Either way, thanks for sharing this. Jins customs are great and this is no exception. Holy crap is that badass.

7. ronin0510

ronin0510 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like my galvatron as well but wow is that warpath crazy sick.....

8. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

I get what you mean that they could have done better with universe galvatron. I like how Galvatron looks but the rest like the legs and the transformation are the poor features of what could have been a great toy. Instead he is just a decent toy.

9. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am saying that this guy did something like what Hasbro does (repaint or a slight mod) but with pieces from just 2 toys.
    and Hasbro spends time and effort to make a figure from scratch that so many here have complained is so poorly assembled that it's better to drop him on the floor and re-assembled the pieces.

i am not saying it is Megs or Galvatron. Just comparing.

just to see what Saotome did in a garage or basement and comparing it to some of the factory produced stuff makes me sad, angry even.

10. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

don't know; as much as love the look of the toy; i think personally it is TOO much one color for me to want to buy it.

while i agree galvatron is not that great of a toy it is still a fun toy. and you know what? hasbro DID do most of this; this guy just repainted it; and mixed it with another toy. we have equally amazing toy art in the radicons; and some of them are even more impressive. but it doesn't change the fact that this is still ART not meant to be mass-produced. they can't mass produce something like this. it'd be way too expensive. we got a $12 galvatron. if we got this; it'd probably be at least double.

people complain about hasbro's toy designs all the time; but they ignore the fact that they are toys; not artwork; and not model kits. if you want a model kit then i suggest gundams. but we are fans of a toy line. and in hasbro's defense; the galvatron TFU mold is a pretty amazing design; that just did not make it too well after mass production. *and a shrink* it was designed to be an ultra; but got turned into a deluxe. and it might be short; but it still fits well with the cyclonus and scourge does it not?

personally; while it's not that great of a toy; i think it's still pretty cool. even if it doesn't hold together; lol making it basically a part former... :lol 

11. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

You have to understand that a lot of us put more money into customizing figures than the $10 you pay to buy them at the store.

So yes, by the nature of it, a direct from Hasbro product is going to be cheaper than a custom of that caliber.