And Then They Fight

Discussion in 'Transformers Funnies' started by Blade Raider, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Blade Raider

Blade Raider Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-Oh hey, There is a little more of Arm Bullet and Gasket. I forgot.

-The Renegades aka I did it first Hasbro! This is a group of Joes from the early 90's. The ones I had as a kid.

-Captain Grid-Iron > Duke. At the very least better than the Duke in this comic.

-Couple of Forum Characters are here as well mainly to give Wing Zero an attack that works.

-Don't worry about Spay-C. He isn't dead. He's a zombie.

-I want to use Stretcher again some day. The idea of him using a stretcher as a weapon/shield/etc. is great.

-So Leader-1 got a power up. That's the Justice League Watch Tower playset. Fun fact: I use to display it between Unicron and Primus both in planet mode...think about that.

-I destroyed a screen shot of ID4 for that effect.

-So yeah, we have some more minions for Leader-1 here.

-For something different I decided Claw should fight someone else other then W. Also, the scorpion drone from Arc 1 is under Claw's command now.

-Kai Blast: Midas Claw. Yeah, Claw gets one. It's based on the ability of Soi Fong has in Bleach that's an instant death attack if it hits twice. Here I combined it with the Midas touch.

-Claw Jaw is talking correctly again...while fighting Mousers.

-That droid came with the flame parts. I set up the fight just to use them. It would look great if not for that huge stand in the shot. Why did I never make more of an effort to crop thos out?

-The MASSIVE ONE POINT OF ARTICULATION droid became a recurring character in Filler Funnies and specials. He's so unabashedly one note that I loved using him whenever I could.

-W is being useful again...it just feels wrong.

-"Buttons" I think we all know where this is going.

-I forgot a to comment on the Weather Channel back at the beginning of the Botcon arc. At the time Archangel would always be watching the Weather Channel and pretty rarely anything else. We loved giving him shit about that. His come back was always "there's never reruns."

-Anyways, I love this small talk while waiting on an elevator in the middle of a battle joke. It cuts the tension in all the right ways.

-Yep, "buttons." I also like W. whistling nonchalantly while walking away.

Tomorrow: The Season 1 finale. Twists and turns and the real final battle. Also, Blade's awful, awful, hat.

2. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Funny Little Man

Welp, I guess Weirdwolf sure wishes he was a Headmaster now. :lol  Yeah, I'm cool with the "revived as a Titanmaster" thing for Weirdwolf. Love the twist and one-liners in this one. I will point out that I've not really seen any kind of hate for the Classics Bumblebee mold. I've not seen it universally lauded, but when people talk about it, it seems to be positive.

EDIT: Yeah, who ever thought W. would be good for anything? :lol  Also, it looks like this is the end of Bug Bite.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Blade Raider

There's no hate for the Classics BB mold. Bugbite was just the one in the box set that wasn't a seeker or fairly well known in the fandom jet. Plus, he's literally a Go-Bot in a Transformers set. So yeah, he was the least wanted of the set.

And now the season 1 finale.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-Bill Clinton is here. Why? Because I figured I should make fun of both sides. I think this is the only time he ever appears.

-I do love this Stretcher bit. Seriously wished I used him more.

-Oh yeah, did I mention the Renegades are made up of Blade's old squad? Inserting Blade into the squad I watched as a kid is probably one of the more Mary Sue thing I've done with him.

-And this is why Midas Claw is a thing. I had a Golden Jack Sparrow toy and wanted to use it. Rollbar's death felt cheap so I decided to add an extra loss to the heroes with this.

-So THE Master is dead. That pizza joke is his longest appearance. Guess he was just a filler boss for Cobra Commander. What a waste *whistles nonchalantly*

-Cobra Commander name drops the next arc.

-A nice call back to the "not-I'm Mary Poppins y'all" joke. I also like Blade admiting he sucks at his job.

-And Bugbite is the final boss. I mean, he is one of the Four Masters. He also found Weirdwolf's sword gun thing so he'd have a weapon.

-Kai Blast: Mind Storm. This is overpowered, but only because I wanted to end on a one-on-one fight. I don't think it's based on anything, I just needed it to happen. I want to say mind control was in Bugbite's Botcon bio or the Botcon comic.

-Command Line. I needed for Blade to have something special. The original idea was armor. I wanted to use a MSiA Gundam Astray Red Frame as armor but didn't have it. Thought about using the Kicker figure, but didn't for some reason. Eventually I used a modded Transmetal Rattrap...you might be thinking "that's not Rattrap" and you are correct. The sword I was using with Rattrap broke while shooting the comic. The alternate fight scene will be posted next time.

-The toy I ended up using in the final comic, High Score 100, was a rush job to finish the comic. I have named this form the Boomeraider. Next time Boomeraider appears it has a completely new paint job.

-Command Line itself is a reference to the show ReBoot where Matrix could issue voice commands to his gun using that phrase. It's also the old green a black computer interface which seemed right for the type of thing it is.

-The "henshin," of course, comes from Kamen Rider (and Japanese Beast Wars). I was watching Kamen Rider Kabuto at the time. That show had so much style with it's transformations and I wanted that.

-Adapted Darkwing Duck's bit for this. This was much better than just stealing the other catchphrase.

-Speaking of Darkwing Duck, check out that mistake of a hat. What was I thinking with that hat and cape?! If Boomeraider wasn't such a good name, I'd call this Hipster form.

-Everything Blade tells Bugbite about Command Line is bull shit. In season 2, Command Line is explained in much greater detail. Everything here is just me trying to make it clear that Blade isn't a full on Transformer.

-One thing I like about this version of the fight is the summon combo. It's not in the alternate fight.

-Once I knew Bugbite was the final boss, I planned for him to go out this way, gun downed by the whole cast after losing an arm (I love ball socket joints).

-And now the other 3 Masters: Lord Zedd, Baroness, and Darth Malak. Bugbite is replaced next season. I always enjoyed making Zedd and Malak fight.

-Hehe...Stretcher makes a Cowboy Bebop reference.

-Oh god that hat. It's even worse on the normal Blade figure!

-Oh hey, I guess Agent X-B did appear again.This is the last time though.

-Just tying up loose ends here while having fun with a press conference.

-I love that there's a note about me not forgetting a plot point followed by a foreshadowing scene I DID forget about. Thankfully, I have found a way to address it in the finale.

-Credits. Neat idea, but dumb for this comic. What can I say? I wanted a post credits scene.

-Remember that plot hole I mentioned? Yeah, Blade has a computer inside him and Archangel knows about it, but doesn't mention it. I had already planned this before that, I just should've wrote it better to foreshadow the twist or had someone else say it.

-I think this is where it becomes clear that there isn't a good starting point other than the beginning. As of right now this paradox has not been resolved and I can not allow myself to continue with new stories of these characters until I'm finished with it.

Next Time: Alternate final battle and Filler Funnies 10-14. I plan to take the weekend off, so expect those Monday night.

4. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

I called it......Cobra Commander is in charge (now I of course hear Chris Latta’s Voice when I read him)......I forgot about Lord Zed and Malak.......at least no Palapatine, Revan, Tarkin, Vader, Thrawn, Golobulus, Pythona, Rita Repulsa are present (that I’m aware of) to be in this....

• Like Like x 1
  5. DOTM Bumblebee

We shall never remember this as the day that they got Captain Jack Sparrow... also, I guess this is the REAL end for Bug Bite, and the Master as well. Yet the scope of the threat is now being glimpsed at...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Blade Raider

Today is a few little things.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-So I think I've explained what happened to this fight last time, so I won't repeat myself here. Instead, I'm going to mention that I do consider both fights canon in that Blade does have both forms and it doesn't really matter which one is in the finale other than the fact that this one is missing a couple of panels to end it properly.

-Also, you can see some flight stands in this as I didn't want to go to the trouble of removing them for a deleted scene.

-At some point I re-customized the Rattrap. If I ever use the form in a new comic, I'll be using the update as it had some come new things like a head crest and the tail connected to the backpack (It helps with balance, which is how the sword broke in the first place).

[​IMG]

-Think this is the first Filler Funny with little to no connection with the comic. Later ones don't even have a TAOWAR character in it at all.

-This one was born out of me owning Final Fantasy VIII toys and not knowing what to do with them since they are in a completely different scale than everything else I own (even today). Plus, I just really wanted to use the dialogue boxes. I just wish I had trusted myself to do it without the stands.

[​IMG]

-A little St. Patrick's Day comic. I would've saved it to post on the holiday but that's 11 months from now. Fun fact, at the time a forum member I knew didn't get the joke because he lives in a country without the pinching thing.

[​IMG]

-This was based on a game night that happened.

-The 4 at the table are Forum Characters. It's been a while and I honestly don't remember which figure went to who off the top of my head.

-Starting here the Filler Funnies are considered non-canon-ish. The intent was they all just take place in a time skip after season 2, but some just will not be able to fit.

[​IMG]

-Forum character: Roadbuster. This is the first of a few Tom and Jerry hunt the Smurf like comics. Roadbuster just happened to be the star of most of them.

[​IMG]

-Much like FF7, this one is to switch Lord Zedd's toy to the then new Super Legends Lord Zedd toys. I do not own either of these toys anymore, though oddly enough, I do have a 4" Lord Zedd now...and have never used it in the comics.

I have some family things happening right now. It's the not good kind that I could use a distraction from, so I'm going to try to keep on schedule, but if I miss a night, that's why.

Next Time: The spin-off Tales of the Time Thief. I had made a teaser image for it back in the day, so might as well use it again.
    [​IMG]

7. Blade Raider

I have places to be tomorrow evening, so I won't be posting tomorrow night, but tonight I'm posting 2 comics which happen to be a full story. I had already wrote the notes before deciding this, so some notes might be phrased as if there's a day between them.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-These comics was made right after the first arc of season 2, so some of the effect upgrades and the like are already in use (like motion blurs instead of lines in fights). I'm placing it here because it flows better here then in the middle of things later.

-That teaser took place between the cold open and the first scene. I had a new Thief toy to use and it made since narratively to get her in warmer clothes.

-I don't think you ever see this version of Thief without the tunic on. Shame because there's a cool blue shirt under there that breaks up the black and white. I changed her again later because this one can't used the different hands (I had to photoshop it once or twice). One day I may use this one again when she doesn't need to use Seal/Release much.

-The "perverted little imp" is not Blade, but really should be.

-So where are we? We're at the End of Time. I always intended for it to be that, but never wanted to commit to the name in case I wanted something different, but I know it will be called by name later so might as while name it now.

-So Heinlad has a bar. Why? The toy came with sake and he has time powers. He's kind of perfect for a bartender at the End of Time.

-If you were wondering where Huffer from the Botcon 07 set was, here he is. The last two, Alpha Trion and clear Mirage have never been used and are the only 2 I still own.

-New character: Empp (Imp with a strong "p" sound at the end). I wanted to make a character that is just an asshole to everyone except Thief who's also super powerful so others have to put up with him. I made him tiny because Navi from Zelda jokes were a thing (probably still are). Empp refers to Thief as "My Lady" to note that he is loyal to her. He picks insulting nicknames and the like for everyone else.

-So on the topic of "My Lady" I could never get a super clear answer on the best way to phrase it. I feel "Milady" probably gets the point across better in text form, but My Lady was the term I choose and I don't plan to change it because from what I understand they are both acceptable.

-All of Empp's spells are writern in Predacon and I believe they translate into Latin. I would have to cipher one to be sure if it's Latin or English and I will if I ever need to make a new one.

-One thing I didn't account for with Empp was just how tiny the toy is. It's hard to keep him in frame a lot of times. He can float, but a lot of times that means I have to photoshop him into panels which is also a pain.

-Hey look, a Time Gate. Yeah, I'm mixing in some Chrono Trigger here. It's my favorite game and the easiest time travel effect to use. And yes, the End of Time is from Chrono Trigger to, though I expanded it to include a sort of town.

-Shredder makes such an odd episode reference here, but it was to remind people that he did collect porcelain in the 80's cartoon.

-Shredder and Krang are allowed to destroy the 4th wall as that is in character for them.

-Bebop and Rocksteady are hitting on Thief. That's creepy and strangely in character for them.

-Ah, one of the running gags with Empp is stomping on him. Mainly Thief does it, but I think 1 or 2 others might as well, probably Ceus.

-So "normal" Shredder never appears with other figures in this as he's human and I was trying to keep my scale rules at this point. Later he's modified so it's allowed.

-They're using Transformer tech, which can only mean one thing. Mutation toys are awesome.

-The octopus line is a reference to the short lived, completely insane, Ninja Turtles anime where Shredder calls Krang that a lot. That anime is so insane.

-Our last scene has a new character...and his horse! I'll talk about him next time.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-This is the first fight scene I've posted of TAOWAR to have motion blurs instead of lines. I honestly think it doesn't add much without a sound effect to the point that I sometimes just don't blur it at all and let the sound effect do the work.

-Thief gets to be all badass here. Because most of her other appearances are to help progress the story, I fear she may be a Mary Sue. The finale will sadly not help that because I'm going to have to use her to get speed up the plot. I wish I had used her in Filler Funnies more to get more character quirks and the like in there.

-Drawing laser lines here for bullets. Honestly, better then the tiny bullets with a line behind it.

-Thief explains Seal/Release fairly well. The only error here is that she say "home" when it should be a pocket dimension. Her home (currently) is the End of Time.

-I wanted to get rid of Ceus's time travel function for plot reasons and just having a character that can freely time travel like that could be a problem. While Empp can open Time Gates in most places, it takes a lot out of him and it follows Chrono Trigger rules that doesn't allow a lot of overlap.

-New character: Scar Forte, the Enneagon. He's a bounty hunter. There's not a lot to say about him until later, so let's talk about how old this character is. When I was a kid, I would call the mysterious character in a mask Scar. The first toy I ever gave this name to was a HEAT Viper while playing Star Wars. If they had done a modern update of the HEAT Viper sooner, I might've used it for this Scar. Forte was added later for the same reason Raider was added to Blade, because it's to generic otherwise.

-The name Enneagon was added to give him a title, probably as a nod to the Gung-Ho Guns of Trigun. If I remember right Enneagon is two Latin words fused together. I know one of them is 9 and I think the other is weapon or something. He has 9 guns total, hence the idea.

-Designwise, this version of Scar was basically a ninja decked out in guns. Some other versions of Scar (most of which have never seen the light of day) include the aforementioned HEAT Viper, a ninja ninja in RPG Maker, and at least 2 different characters in Guild Wars (one is a short Norn).

-I do like the banter between Thief and Scar here.

-Worth noting that Scar isn't normally a time traveller and was given the vehicle for the job. He prefers horseback.

-At some point in time Thief stole Zelda's sword and Link's shield. To try to keep away from Mary Sue status, she does not get the Master sword.

-So...I destroyed a Cybertron Menesor years and years ago to make a 2003 Shredder/Ch'rell custom. Here I switched the head back and used it as a Krang body. I don't regret it, but I do miss having an unmodded Cybertron Menesor.

-Banrai is named after a Ninja Turtles weapon. Like Blazing Swords there's no relation, but at least this one is the right type of weapon unlike Blazing Swords.

-I'm not super happy with the motion blurs here. Just a bit much in some places. Otherwise, I think it's a pretty good 2-on-1 fight. Maybe a little more banter would've helped.

-Empp, being an asshole, probably knows exactly what that button does.

-The last joke was a strange reference. For the 25th anniversary of TMNT, Playmates reissues a handful of '87 toys. In all the promo images, Shredder's legs were flesh colored, not black like the original. When the toy came out it was correct, but it was a fun to joke about pantless Shredder.

-Oh hey, the updated TAOWAR logo from season 2. It's not used until arc 2 though, so this is the first use of it. Since DE-MOS has that cartoon villain like emblem, I wanted TAOWAR to have a star based emblem to use in the logo. It has a bit of the ReBoot Icon and GI Joe star mixed in it. When I went over to pages, I decided to drop the emblem from logo.

Next Time: Blade, W, Springer, and Roger are in a Better World, a Cobra World.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Blade Raider

It might be next week before I start season 2. I had an idea for a short And Then They Fight that I'm going to try to make tomorrow, but for now, here's a Filler Funny from way back that has not connection to anything. It's just good old toy crossover fun.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  9. DOTM Bumblebee

This just goes to show that bad things happen when you try to replace Bumblebee. :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  10. Autobot1000

Autobot1000 Daddybot

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    :lol 

11. Blade Raider

Wasn't able to get that comic made today, so instead it's time for 2 specials and a Filler Funny that are connected to each other through a forum character called JW%. He ran a sprite comic on the forum, so some call backs might be toward one of those. This of course was all done in good fun.

First up, the One Year Anniversary Special. It's a yard sale of season 1 stuff. There's a lot of forum characters along with Sgt. Slaughter, Batman, and a few others.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-Fun Fact: I have sold a lot of these toys from this comic.

Next up, an Indiana Jones parody starring Star the Wanderer. Again, most forum characters.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Finally, the Filler Funny where JW% complains about being the butt of some jokes. Again, this was all done in good fun.

[​IMG]

12. Blade Raider

Time for a new And Then They Fight (you know, the title of the thread).

WARNING: AVENGERS SPOILERS

[​IMG]

13. Blade Raider

Alright, going to try to get back on track this week. Let's start season 2.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-First cold opening. Until I turn over to the page format, most of the comics have one from now on. Here it's just the recap, but later one are normally short 2-4 panel scenes that focus on a character(s) or world building.

-The last time segment turns into Robot Chicken for a little bit. Problably goes on a little to long.

-Remember how I said Agent X had a comic on the same forum? That's what the last "channel" panels are from.

-The proper last time is just highlight panels from season 1. They are unedited and you can see how some things became hard to read over the years.

-If this comic had Trump instead of W. it would be too real.

-This is when I made Scarlett's real name officially Renee O'Hara because calling her Scarlett in a world without GI Joe didn't make since to me. Nega-Scarlett

-I really like this intro for Springer. Shame he does so little in this season.

-All things consider, that wasn't a bad effect for the gun firing and hitting the Night Creeper.

-I definitely overdid the motion blurs here and there.

-Technically a new Kai Blast here: Flash Step. This is a common anime thing that doesn't always get a name. I know the name itself is taken from Bleach, but it's meant as a catch all for all those anime super speed/teleporting tricks.

-Remember the tower from the very first arc? Well there's one in New York city to and it's DE-MOS' main base.

-"the virus" is Mega-Byte from ReBoot. I highly considered him for the role, but he never ended up appearing...maybe one day.

-God, Lord Zedd is huge in that body.

-Oh yeah, Cobra Commander changed toys. It's still the one from lat season, I just liked changing it up since I had a bunch of variants.

-Holy crap! I just suddenly remembered where that Red Crystal/Stone came from! It's from Agent X's comic. He used it as a macguffin and when he was done it was sent for my universe. I don't remember the context of it in that comic. If said comic is out there, it's pseudo-canon at best.

-I still like the "no unstable crystals" line.

-New-ish Character: Dr. Mindbender. This is the one from GI Joe, though may version ends up with a couple of running gags. The main one is the diner gag. Also, like CC he goes through a toy or two. It took a while to get a modern era Mindbender.

-I love Springer stuck in the manhole.

-I decided the resistance needed 4 original characters and one pre-existing character. The original characters are Clamcake, Roz, Jugdement, and T-8X (he's in the next comic). The pre-existing character is Donatello, of course. Most of these characters' backgrounds are in future comics, so I'm going to stick to the real world origins here.

-New-ish Character: Donatello. I do sort of regret doing this paradox so early as characters like Donatello are introduced backwards. Anyways, this was a what if Donatello based on the 2003 series. I based the custom figure on the episode Same As It Never Was where Donnie is sent to an alternate future where he disappeared and the others are in very bad shape. This was generally designed as what if he didn't disappear and lived through the same crap. It's a little different in TAOWAR, though.

-New Character: Judgement. He's not named until the next comic. He exists mainly to fill the role of a silent strong type. In fact he's mute. I probably could've used Snake-Eyes here, but I'm glad I didn't due to future events.

-New Character: Roz Proudfoot. Roz is inspired and named after by two characters played by Peri Gilpin, Roz Doyle from Frasier and Jane Proudfoot from Final Fantasy The Spirits Within. I needed a grounded character that thought we were full of it and I needed a weapons expert. She's among my favorite characters created for TAOWAR.

-New Character: Robert Clamcake. This character was named from a joke. I bought the 25th AWE Striker and I could not remember the driver's name (It's Crankcase) and started calling him Clamcake. When customizing him into Clamcake I decided I wanted him to be older so gray hair and I decided to change the figure into a black man to get some more diversity.

-Kai Blast: Fist of the Ice King. It's a punch Kai Blast that's an Ice Element. It's based on Fist of the Beast King, Leomon's special attack from Digimon. Also, the photoshoped arm in the effect is actually my arm.

-New(?) characters in the last panel as a cliffhanger. I think you can tell who the center one is from the catchphrase alone, which can only mean the infighting at DE-MOS is going to get fun soon.

Next Time: The search for the timeline negatives begins!

14. Blade Raider

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-New Character: T-8X "Tex". Mentioned him last time. He's a medical droid and a Texan. Why? Because the cowboy hat fit. I actually always loved this droid. It was my favorite Action Fleet figure (from the Hoth set) and I was so happy when Legacy made a new one. Of course Legacy had to shoehorn it into an Episode 3 wave, but we all know he's from Episode V.

-Judgement's name is explained here. I think it's worth noting he's the only one with a code name in the resistance. I wanted to try to get more normal names in the mix.

-As noted in the title panel, a year has past. The comic has not left this year of 2008.

-Like the Kai Blasts, The Timeline Retrieval Unit is named so because it abbreviates to TRU or Toys R Us. This is the last time I do this. Both of these stores are dead. Maybe I should name something that abbreviates as Wal-Mart...

-Yeah, for ease of story telling, I gave droids sparks. I've said before, though never in the main comic, that Roger is Blade's droid and Tex is Roz's droid. Slavery is already a question with droids and giving them sparks probably doesn't help that.

-So the TRU exists to bring in the main cast that got left behind and meet their negatives.

-I picked the number 13 for the chips so I'd have as many as I needed and if I needed to I cause destroy the rest.

-...the Smurf is still here.

-I love this next scene. It's funny and develops characters in a fun way. But first let's talk about the new characters.

-New characters: Führer Claw and Hanz. Führer Claw is Desert Claw's dad so I based him on Henry Jones Sr, but as a Nazi. Like Desert's toy Führer's toy has broken thumbs, so I gave him no hands. Hanz is a henchmen and also Nazi. There's not much else to him.

-The masked man that keeps saying that catchphrase is still not named. Who could it possibly be?! I honestly don't know why I'm hiding it.

-Okay, now for the Tuskie part. I've mentioned Tuskie's character development before, well this scene is when I knew what direction I was taking him in. I gave Tuskie motive here, his family...of Tusken Raiders. Keeping with Tuskie being a tweak of the word Tusken, his wife and child are Gafflina and Stickley aka Gaffi Stick. Not going to lie, I still love these names.

-I love the married Tusken line and Hanz reminded Tuskie that he's a Nazi. I don't mean to gush over my own work, I just really like this scene.

-So Clamcake's toy has a fist. I decided that should be part of his character and the it's one of the reasons he got Fist of the Ice King. The comic goes into it here and in a few issues, but never that much.

-This scene is to get to know the new heroes a bit more. No jokes unless you count Tex being Texan.

-Judgement is the main Flash Step user. If you see any heroes using it, this is who taught them.

-So the original timeline is still kidding. I did this scene because of the time skip. It'd be strange if a year didn't pass in both timelines and I needed to explain how the original one wasn't completely gone. What happened in that year of the original timeline is explained later.

-The Turtles and the Renegades are presnt with the main cast here to tie it together better. I told you Donatello was introduced backwards.

-I wish the sound effect for switching timelines was "pop" not "poof"

-Here's the set up for the rest of the arc. Find the Negatives and get the gang back together and adventures are to be had.

-Roger has battle drones. He's been building them in the time skip.

-And now it's time to focus on the Pirates of the Caribbean and how they fit into TAOWAR. The simple answer is the crew is cursed and that's about as deep as it goes.

-There's the first "this is Sparta" joke. It's sadly not the last.

-New characters: Darth Nova and Yuna. Star's negative is a Sith Lord and his apprentice is a rival of sorts for Scarlett. Next comic has a lot of fun with them.

Next Time: The first main comic where Blade doesn't have a speaking role and only appears in a single panel. Also, hijinks on the Black Pearl play set!

15. Blade Raider

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-So this comic stars Scarlett of all characters. Since she only ever used the same Kai Blast as Star, I wanted to give her something unique and that became her being able to use all Elements.

-This first panel is the only time Blade appears in this comic. I wanted to split up Blade and W. to see what I could do with them in different groups.

-This comic is full of attack bits that takes advantage of the play set and it's features. I think these make for good action, though the motion blurs are still a bit heavier than they should be.

-Well, Bush's dingy is back. Also like Clamcake taking none of W's shit.

-I honestly don't know where some of W's random lines came from. I do know The Todd is a Scrubs reference.

-I'm amazed I got any useable pictures of that jail cell. It's in a really cramped place.

-This cat fight is so dumb and fun. I can't remember if this was my idea or Star's to have Scarlett and Yuna fight over different versions of the same man. This rivaly becomes the core of Scarlett's and Yuna's interacts from now on.

-The topless joke is me thinking "why wouldn't a Sith lord do that?" It's awkward but this isn't as bad as the last time there was a topless woman in the comic.

-...There's that Smurf again!...Oh, it actually has a point here for a joke. Okay.

-Pirates vs Sith!...Yeah, it's one sided.

-Kai Blast: Beautiful Glacial Caress. Scarlett gets an unique Kai Blast here in the form of an Ice attack. It freezes areas of the body for a little bit. The notes I have on this Kai Blast read like something Star wrote. It might've been his idea and I might've copied the text into my notes.

-Hey, Springer does a thing. That poor seashell headed guy gets the crap beat out of him in this. Loses an arm and now Springer Hearyarms him.

-I think Clamcake might use a Flash Step here. Either that or he's just jumping way further then Springer.

-Once again using features of the play set. This play set was great for action set pieces. You probably won't see this set again as I sold this play set recently. Great play set, I just didn't have space for it anymore.

-Yep, original timeline Jack Sparrow is still golden so Springer wasted a Paradox Chip.

Next Time: A main comic without W, more negative hunting, and more character development for a few characters.

16. Blade Raider

Here's a couple of Filler Funnies to kill some time. First one's related to this arc, second is one I highly considered turning into an And Then They Fight. It's great Transformer fun. Enjoy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  17. Blade Raider

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-Cold open: You might've noticed a slight tone shift in season 2 to have more serious scenes here and there. I feel this scene is when it's noticable and at the time I limited the serious scenes to be sparing. Anyways, if you're trope savy you can probably guess the path Tuskie is going down.

-A little more with Roz hating the idea of the other timeline. There is a reason why she doesn't like it that is revealed later. Also, there's a reason she doesn't use Kai Blasts either.

-So Shortround is the only summon in this comic. Wanted to have just one for a while. If I ever get this to a more episodic format, I plan to do this more often.

-New Character: Sandy. Since Tuskie was off doing something else, I decicded Desert Claw needed a new lead henchman for this comic. Instead of a straight man like Tuskie, I wanted Sandy to be an enabler of Desert Claw's weirdness. Also, like W, Sandy knows he's in a comic.

-New characters: Archdemon and Wolfdemon. The timeline negatives of Archangel and Wolfangel are played as a mistress and her dog. I can't remember the origins of the muffin man joke, but I'm happy it's here. It made for a fun scene.

-Had to do the droids joke. It's the reason I used a Sand Trooper for Sandy.

-If you haven't noticed, we have random rebel troopers with us in a lot of scenes. Also, it's mentioned earlier, but Roger is remote controlling those droids from the safe house. This is the only comic they appear in.

-Wolfangel has a new shield. Shame I didn't upgrade Archangel's sword. This was a great time to do that and he so needed a new one.

-I should find a way to use "stuck between a claw and a muffin lover" in convention.

-See, Shortround has uses. I like that you can see him with the BAT in his arms.

-This is still before I had a great flame effect part for Archangel/demon's Kai Blast.

-Heck yeah, new Yoda figure. This one's based on the first Clone Wars cartoon. I really like this Yoda figure and he remains in this toy for the rest of the comic.

-Due to my favorite clip from the English dub of Kamen Rider Kabuto (yeah, that exists), I now read Archdemon's "All of you!" line with a voice crack in it.

-You might notice that Archdemon's Unicron arm isn't transparent like when Archangel uses the same attack. There's a reason for that that never made it in. I may be able to explain that in the finale, so I'll save it for now.

-And...ummm...that gnome robot guy is back. He's a robot, so he's easier to explain then Yoda. I'm not sure if it's ever said since the running gag is no one notices him, but Gnome Prime just used on of the chips in season 1 and went off with Yoda when the paradox happened.

Next Time: Nega-Scarlett has escaped, but the gang is back together. Tomorrow we end the first arc of season 2 by catching up with the other timeline and...well, let's just say shit gets real.

18. Blade Raider

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-Cold open: Yoda's a force ghost with a physical form. Also Clamcake's fist is some sort of deal. Like Archdemon's Unicron attack, I hope to explain this later.

-Once I has made it clear that both timelines existed, I wanted to do some catching up with what was happening in the origin timeline. I created a new Kai Blast for Wolfangel just to do this.

-Once again, really wish I had gone with "pop" and not "poof." It's the little things somethings that get me.

-There's a 4th wall break that actually makes since within the context of the comic.

-I just noticed Gnome Prime's with them after the paradox. Eh, it's an illusion anyways.

-Those symbols were just a bunch of characters I'd like to one day use...and Eek the Cat.

-Scarlett is kicking Clinton in the crotch in one panel.

-This is the proper introdution to the Axalon Underground forum characters. They mainly appear in Filler Funnies.

-One of the members, Dreadnought (I think he renamed himself Nexus Zero later), had his own fictional country, so I'm making reference to that here. I have a guest written comic crediting Nexus Zero as well that explains these events. I'll post it over the weekend.

-Icefang and Starshooter are husband and wife if I'm remembering right. The events of how they got the Autobots to help were told in a text story I'm not 100% sure I still have. I do at least have a poster for it.

-The other two were suppose to get stories as well, but I never got around to them.

-I'm amazied a nuclear joke hadn't happened yet. We're like 20+ issues in.

-So why Icefang? Well, I had a contest. Whoever guessed how many DVDs I owned at the time would join the team in the main comic and get a Kai Blast.

-Roadblock is because I wanted one of my fav Joes in the comic again and Wall-E because I wanted another droid.

-And now for the scene I created to make it things are about to get a little darker and some grit to.

-So Cobra Commander is taking Nega-W's place and we have the new Master of Earth, Krang. I probably should've had a short scene of him being appointed earlier in the comic. Oh well, here he is.

-OH MY GOD! It's Serpentor! Who would've ever guessed it was him?!

-From context, I hope you all gathered that during the fall of Cobra, Cobra Commander tried to kill Serpentor and outed Destro once captured. this is their revenge.

-I know this is needlessly violent, but I wanted the see if I could do some of this stuff. The Destro part is probably a bit much, but that hand Destro had just looked like he could tear into someone like that.

-He's NOT Serpentor! HA! Who is this guy then? Keep reading.

-This is the first major death. There are more coming, though I don't think any of them are quite this graphic.

-And to defuse that scene, maybe even undercut it, we are called Bush Raiders again.

-Din Crystal! That's what the Red Stone was called in Agent X's comic.

-And ending on Negatives of Agent X and Curse from the Botcon arc. I'm not 100% why I added them, but I know a little sometime happens with them.

NEXT Time: Over the weekend will be posting some of the spin offs I mentioned earlier and maybe a filler funny or 2. Starting on Monday we will start Arc 2, which is only 2 comics. On Wednesday I'll start Arc 3, which is 3 comics (including the short side story). After that we hit Arc 4, which is the final arc. I maybe put posting arc 4 on hold for a bit while I'm still editing and making those last 2 ATTFs to sync the numbers. We;ll see when we get there.

19. Blade Raider

Couple more Filler Funnies.
    [​IMG]

-This one is a rather random comic that was born from the fun of Indiana Jones collecting. Shame that line didn't last longer.

[​IMG]

-This one has a bit of a story to it. My brother had found an eBay lot of Metal Gear figures for Wolfangel and couldn't use eBay at the time, so had me buy them. I ordered something from the seller to, so when they came to my house I opened the box and checked it all over. Then made this comic without them being any the wiser.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Blade Raider

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-For more on Osteogenesis Imperfecta www.oif.org/site/PageServer

-Time for an origin story of sorts for Blade. This had been stewing for a long time. I needed to explain Command Line, resolve that one off line in the Botcon arc, and retcon to get what I wanted the character to be from the start.

-You might be wondering why Blade wasn't in a wheelchair from the beginning. The answer is simple: Before the movie Avatar, there were almost no wheelchair options in this scale. The chair here is from some anime figurine of a little girl, so only child sized figures can fit in it.

-Cold Open: I did make a minor edit here. The origin says Type III OI, but the classifications have changed over the yesrs (possibly even before this was made) so I decided to simplify it to not have that.

-Starting with this comic, the star shaped TAOWAR logo is used and the panel has a blue background. I think it pixelated worse over the years, but I'm still happy to have color here.

-Oh wow, I totally forgot the segway from the cold open to Springer saying the same line. I think that might've working better if the title pnael was moved before the cold open or after the Springer panel.

-Serpentor's "run for your lives" line is from Doctor Who. *whistles nonchalantly*

-I wanted to switch bodies on Agent X anf Curse Hawkwind to get them out of those 5" ToyBiz toys, so I had them switch bodies with their timeline negatives here to do that while also destroying the TRU. This means no more crossing over.

-I try hard these days to hide the stands, but for Firefly is kind of works in this panel as his name appears below him like he's a monster of the week.

-Oh, Roger grabbed Jack Sparrow. I totally forgot about that.

-The other monster nametag of the week is Cobra The Enemy.

-Another drawn set here, this time a street are night. I got some good use out of this. Also, Night Ops Humvee is rad. Glad I got to use it somewhere.

-Hey look, a Transformer that isn't a summon or Springer. I needed Blade alone for the rest of this arc and Blackout was a good chance to give Icefang a minor fight.

-One of my other favorite play sets is this Spawn Alley Way set. Highly recommended if you like the 3.75"-4.25" scale.

-I wonder if I still have that I Want You card. I think it was a JoeCon ad (and erased whatever the name was)

-New Character: Raider. My very first "custom" toy was a Lego made wheelchair Transformer that GI Joe figures could sit in. This was the origns of Raider. I still have it to, it just wasn't super useful for what I needed in the comic.

-The Raider custom here is make of TF parts from Beast Machines and Universe. It can't transform, so I made it so Raider's alt mode would cast off like a pretender shell or something. It doesn't really add up in the comic, but at the time it was the best way to make this work.

-The plane crash line is stipud. I kind of wish I hadn't put it in there.

-I fully admit this origin is a little fan fic-y, but I think that might've been the point. Do all the tropes. Plane crash, best friend is a Transformer, reenacting a song from Aladdin, and probably the most Mary Sue moment in the comic (we'll get to that).

-Summon: Who's the coolest shark summon around? Sky-Byte! This one is literally just Sky-Byte. I sadly haven't used him outside this attack. It's worth noting that all of Nega-Gnome's summons are sharks.

-New Character: Nega-Gnome. I decided to make one timeline negative a good guy, but since it was a negative of Blade I wanted to make sure he was ridiculously silly. I may have mentioned it in the past but my real world nickname is gnome. I saw a chance to bring it into the comic using the negative and took it. If this had been planned, I probably wouldn't have called Gnome Prime that.

-Nega-Gnome also talks similar to Claw Jaw. Because it's fun.

-Oh hey, my real name. You may have noticed it on a few Filler Funnies. I like it when the villain calmly say heroes' real names like it's no big deal.

-The Mary Sue moment. Hey guys, my OC is so cool, his best friend is a Transformer and he grew up with the Ninja Turtles. Ugh. In comic, this mainly exists to explain why Blade knew the Turtles to begin with and how he got the safe house (AKA the 2003 TMNT lair).

-New character: Gravel. Gravel is an in-joke. You see, I have an electric wheelchair. It sinks in gravel. Gravel is my enemy. It was either that or stairs. As for why he's trying to kill Blade, no one knows, yet.

-Gravel's custom is a General Tragg from TMNT painted from top to bottom and made to look as frightening as I could. If you're wondering the red is not blood, it's lava.

Next Time: The origin story continues and lots of fighting.

Last edited: May 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 1