And the TF3 PLot is.....

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by the unacronner, Aug 14, 2010.

1. the unacronner

the unacronner Well-Known Member

EDIT....This is my attempt to guess the plot ..It is a serious guess... I put some humor about Bays Style in between my guess... the in between humor is meant to be lite hearted.. if you are one of those easily offended members that cant take at little poking at Bay then this post probably wont interest you

Warning Possible Spoilers ahead stop reading if you are afraid I or anybody posting could be right!

hi all,

With TF3 still relatively early on in terms of filming... I wanted to know what your thoughts are on the story/plot judging by the info we have had come to us thus far......take a guess, post a comment on what the plot and how the movie will play out... lets see who can come closest to actually being right

here's my guess based on what I have seen and read from the internetz...

In a voice over we learn that the Russians and Americans started the space race to the moon because of transmissions presumably from the TFs were coming from there..an object was brought back to earth after the American moon landings...(insert cliche plot device here IE the vector sigma key or what have you)

"splosions"

The movie starts with the Autobots watching the race in DC they seem impressed by the race cars and their speed... the Autobots get in a scuffle there with some remaining Decepticons..possibly lead by Starscream many humans get '''''muhahahaaaa'''''' all kinds of dead!

Foxs' character is there and she ends up a casualty...Bumblebee was trying to protect her but fails... Sam not knowing the whole story blames the Autobots for her death (that's how she is written out of the story) thus creating a rift between Sam and Bumblebee.

"splosions"

The Peeps be angry!!....With Sam and the world fed up with the warring they demand the Autobots leave...The Nest team is actually ordered to terminate the Autobots if they don't get out of Dodge ...so the Autobots go into hiding and the Nest team is put in charge of clearing any remaining Dcons (believing there are only a couple left)

After believing they have defeated the Deceptis the Nest team is disbanded... Epps leaves for a job as an airport Firefighter/rescue worker (that's why his uniform was different from the others)

"splosions, splosions"

Meanwhile Megatron gets F'ed over by Starscream who declares allegiance to Shockwave. Shockwave, who grew tired of waiting for Megs to stop puttsing around with ''''groan'''' The Fallen decides enough is enough and beats him into a rusty pulp leaving him for dead (only he doesn't die does he?)

Shockwave is after the convenient plot device that will ''''facepalms'''' destroy human life on planet earth making it a suitable new home for the Dcons

"splosions" "splosions" "splosions"

Shockwave and co. tear up parts of Russia looking for plot device..they find out its in possession of "Dun Dun Dunnnn" Patrick Dempseys Character!

I believe Dempseys Character owns a corporation and is in cahoots with a disabled Megatron (TF animated anyone...huh huh..maybe) and is using the plot device acquired through a strapped for cash American Space Agency IE a broke ass NASA to repair him on the promise of power that Megatron will grant him.

(possibly in a fight scene and forcing that info out of Starscream) the exiled Autobots get wind of the plot device but not the Megatron part ...because the only one who knows about him is Dempsey and a select few of his scientist employees....Prime and Co convince Sam that they didn't have anything to do with Foxys death and also convince him to infiltrate the Dempsey character company

"smooch smooch"

Sam kisses and makes up with Bumblebee and reformats into that datsun (so not to arouse any suspicion with Dempseys character plus remember the Autobots are now hated and hunted by the humans)

Sam meets that new hottie there and even though she digs him (lord knows why..oh yeahs its a movie anything can happen) he is still Jones'in for his dead Foxy (this adds the pointless human drama that Bay likes to throw in there)

"splosions" "splosions" "splosions"

Before Sam can get any headway on the Autobots plans
    Shockwaves robots tear shit up at the company and snag the device (Megatron escapes Shockwaves troops detections or slinks away b4 the attack)

Shockwaves Dcons are gonna make bad bad and the people of earthy now need the Autobots Back ASAP....of course the Autobots will help but this time they are at a huge disadvantage against Shockwave and Co.

Dempsey is confronted by Megatron who tells him to deliver Sam to him or he will put the beat down on him (I believe Megs wants to Hold Sam hostage and tells Prime that is he doesn't defeat Shocky and hand over the plot device Sam will die) ...Dempsey being a scumbag and fearing for his own life convinces Sam that he can stop the Dcons and he needs Sams help to do it...Sam like the dumbass he is agrees to help...I honestly believe that Megatron will be written so pathetic in this movie that he will be an almost crippled outcast that resorts to extortion to get what he wants.

At some point we learn that few good natured Autobots secretly helped out the Americans get to moon and back with the Plot Device...that is why we have the old army rocket fuel truck and the ''''groan''''' Einstein bot..who I believe will be the qwerky scientist type that upgrades into the purple mercedes so he can spout out a one liner like "pretty schnazzy yah dude" or something equally as stupid with a cliche German accent..but in all honesty it does make sense considering that a lot of WW2 German scientists did work on the American side of the space race back in the day..so I cant fault Bay for that.

Anyways Dempsey delivers Sam...Sam is pissed and rumbles with Dempsey (yay human drama)..Maybe Dempsey has a change of heart at last second and decides to refuse Megs demands and gets killed in the process or maybe he is just a douche hands over Sam and Megs kills him anyways...either way works..

Carly escapes and tells the Autobots (possibly the Ferrari) about Megs Plans and now they must simultaneously launch a rescue to save Sam from Megs and defeat Shocky and troops ....but oh mah gosh.. how will they do this... they are out gunned!!!! Doo Doo TOOO....the Nest team is back and here to help!!!!

Prime remembers the speed of those earth race cars and he old Einstein bot being the mad scientist that he is moddifys those nascar rides into the super duper Wrecker Drones that ride in to help put the smack on Shockwave!!... Also that old ass fuel truck is upgraded into that new Firetruck thingy...Epps is there too.. wowowoweeee!!!

"splosions" "splosions" "splosions" "splosions" "splosions" "splosions"

Bang!! Splew! Croon! Pew Pew!

Its all out battle Bay style...Bots getting taken out...Nest humans dropping in on those parachutes to vanquish the baddies...its all out war..Yeehhaaaaa with all the shaky cam and bad editing to boot!

Prime delivers the Nascar Wrecker Drones with his shiny new trailer....The Ferrari, Bumblebee and the Firetruck thingy rush in to take care of Megs and save Sam.
    The Nest guys are killing Dcons left and right the city is falling apart...hopefully some Autobots get their asses handed to them in the process...maybe BumbleBee that Sam can have more drama.

We all know what happens the Autobots win Earth is saved!!! The people rejoice and accept the Autobots...Sam forgets about Foxy and Tongue wrestles Carly on top of the smoldering debris while the Autobots look on....The new Linkin Park song starts up that ques the Prime voice over.."with the earth saved and the people ready to accept us...blah..blahh blahh..We have a new found respect for one another blahh blahh...We live among the people now in plain sight"....you get the idea..

That was my guess.....as for the other human characters of Malchovich, Mcdermott..Tudyk and Tuturro ..I believe Malchvich will be a creepy scientist working for Dempseys character ...Mcdermott will be a government official along with Tuturro and Tudyk...that can be shoe horned in anywhere in the story

Also the Bots like the Ferrari and the Firetruck ..well...I just don't believe they will have any relevant character development and will just be there to look cool and blow stuff up...Please forgive any crappy grammar :D 

lets hear your storyline

2. OP20XX

OP20XX Member

News Credits:
    oh,on!

is really?

3. figsdad

figsdad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But this is Bay all he cares about is explosions not story lines..

4. the unacronner

the unacronner Well-Known Member

well if you think about it Bays story lines seem ok when they are on paper...its just his execution...insanely bad dialogue..editing and camera work that are horrible...but if you strip away to the bare bones the story is there.

he piles on so much crap (shitty jokes, pointless characters/hot chicks that have nothing to do with plot, stupid sweeping cam shots of pointless stuff, and on and on) that it completely obliterates any story worth telling and becomes uber messy. Yes Bay is a hack... but I really have hopes this time he will make a halfway decent TF film..here's hoping

5. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The movie opens with Prime voiceover

"I am Optimus Prime, yaddayadda, our presense is known, humans not happy yaddayadda" as camera shows anti-Autobot grafitti. Also an explosion. Prime continues "But our greatest test was yet to come, for little did we know..yadda yadda..and only one man could stop it. And this time it's personal."

Cut to Sam on his way to work. His cell phone rings, it's Megan Fox.
    Sam: "Hi beautiful!"
    Mikaela's voice: "I'm breaking up with you"
    Sam: "Nonononononononono, you know, this wasn't cute the first hundred or so times, and I'm sick of it. GTFO"

Sam arrives to work late, gets yelled at by boss, has new co-worker Carly. Then Bumblebee comes crashing through the wall, plays some music asking for help, they get in the car and leave just as Sam's work explodes.

NEST base, military stuff is going on. People are reading screens and report some technobabble trouble. Unknown Decepticon readings. Then a computer explodes.

Shockwave meets with Soundwave. Shockwave exposits that he's the one behind all the anti-Autobot hysteria, having Soundwave put subliminal messages into all t.v. signals and music and stuff. Cut to people watching t.v. then blowing up a car.

Same meets Prime and the new toys..I mean, Autobots. Prime says only Sam can turn human opinion away from hate, blahblahblah. Then Megatron and Starscream attack and cause some explosions. During the battle a city explodes. At Shockwave's orders, Soundwave films the battle and broadcasts it all over the world, making it look like it's all the Autobot's fault. Also Megatron dies and Shockwave takes over.

Wounded and in hiding, the Autobots are ready to give up. Shockwave broadcasts a time and place for the Autobots to surrender, and be banished from Earth, and so they go to do that. But Shockwave plans to destroy them. As they surrender the human Milirary shows up and blows up the Decepticons. Sam and Carly make out.

The end.

6. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

I liked that a lot mainly because I was laughing at your not taking the story seriously. But Dempsey is a race car driver, not a scientist and Carly should probably be more involved since she is Sam's future wife. Also in the cartoon she started out more interested in Bumblebee than Sam which made Sam a little miffed. Shockwave could be a little more involved as well. That could be pretty funny in the story but thanks dude for a good laugh.

7. Hotwire

Hotwire Pro-Customizer

Yay, another, let's complain about Bay, thread!

You guys really need to come up with something better to do. Bay puts "stupid human drama" in these movies because if he didn't, not as many people would go see them. See, the studios want to make as much money as possible. This means the movie needs to appeal to the largest number of people. While the die hard fans want little to no human involvement, a movie about ONLY robots would not reach as many moviegoers. He's not the world's greatest director, but his films make a LOT of money, so I guess he's doing something right.

[​IMG]

I mean, he only directed 8, count them 8, films and they've grossed almost $1.5 Billion!!!

8. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

The Prime monologue is almost a given at this point. It really worked the last time to catch everyone up on what happened between the films so I can't see any logical reason not to go back to what is working so well. My guess is this is where we will find out about some break up between Mikaela and Sam to quickly deal with Fox leaving the franchise.

Since the writer at the helm this time has so much background in horror films I'm expecting something a bit darker for a plot this time. One of the things that horror films live on that the Transformers films have been lacking is tension so perhaps this is where tension comes in. Even Bay seems to be hinting at something darker by implying in interviews that the good guys can't just call up the Navy or Air Force to save the day this time.

Someone in another thread pointed out how the set stuff so far makes it look like the humans are actually getting their butts handed to them this time. Perhaps the film is going to explore just how things would go to hell if humanity found out that not only were they not alone in the universe but every day machines might not be every day machines but an evil robot instead. Given human nature I could expect panic and over reaction.

It's still a Micheal Bay film so I expect there will be a lot of the bad things that come with a Micheal Bay film even though he said he'd cut back the stupid humor. Lots of shots of the sun because he's got a thing for aiming a camera at the sun. But if we have a darker story, Bay holding back on his normal impulses a bit and bad guys that are more than something to kill then the feel of what has been shot so far is feeling like a pretty decent sci fi film.

9. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Kk, get this space race junk outa the way. Dcons help Russians, Abots help Americans. Whoops! Sorry is that too racist that the Russians are working with the evil dudes?? Fine, Dcons work with some tyrant that lives out of His timeline, yay historically incorrectness!! -----Big fight with Abots and Dcons, city is nearly destroyed, Fox dead. IHide and Rchet go down fighting together against Megs, Swave and Sscream. Prime needs more men, invites Abots: Ferrari, Einstein bot and the Fire truck and the Oil Tanker. Maybe some new guy we havent seen who is a Dcon spy, Counterpunch as Punch? Autobot spy gets Abots exiled, Again. Sam is crying in his room. Angry at Abots, parts with BB, BB sad. Sam lives life by himself, new neighbour, Carly. Wheelie has nothing to do goes to Sam's house. Sam finds Wheelie in his house watching TV. For a joke make him watching G1 episodes. Sam turns off TV and is annoyed at Wheelie. Wheelie leaves and is captured by Laserbeak. Wheelie spills the beans about where Sam is, Wheelie is killed.
    ---- Shockwave needs something from Sam, his destiny or whatever is intertwined with Transformers. An Aster Pheonix line (YuGiOh fans) 'You can't hide from Destiny' in Sam's dreams. Sam helps Abots back to Earth. NEST is forced by the US to kill Abots. Abpts don't want to harm the humans. BB is badly damaged, Sam tells NEST to stop. They stop.
    ----- Dcon HQ, Shockwave tells his plan to his minions, some rare energon source from a rock taken by Buzz Aldrin needs to be found. Invade his home. Take the rock unleash the energon, powering them up so they're no longer pussys. Kill plenty of Abots. Prime has his One Shall Stand, One Shall Fall line. Play 'The Touch.' Has his even more badass massacre scene, due to a strength boost by the Einstein bot. Prime gets injured by Shockwave. Wreckers come in and kick ass. Megs and Screamer flee leaving Shockwave and his minions. Screamer attempts to kill Megatron. They quarrel. Have super cool fight. Lots of explosions. In the air fight. Starscream gets a blast in the chest, falls back and Megatron finishes him. OR DOES HE????? Megatron rejoins Shockwave. Wreckers are kicking butt. Megatron kills 2 of them. Both factions call in their combiners.
    ------Who is that you say? Superion, Defensor and Bruticus and Menasor. Uber uber badass fight. Bruticus dies thanks to Arielbots. Defensor falls on the city and crushes people. Defensor gets up and uses his last bit of energy to kill Menasor, que heroic music. Superion isinjured by Menasor and goes to stasis lock.
    ----- Rodimus joins the fight. Yes Rodimus is the last of the wreckers. Others we find out due to bad story plot are WreckGar and Springer. Insert angry TFans and G1 purists. Shockwave unleashes power of moonrock, which is actually some unique energy source to power.... THE IMMOBILIZER!! Yes they stole Einstein bots invention, only he knows how to stop it. Abots are immobilized, Rodimus sacrifices himself to stop Prime from getting immobilized. Boo Hoo. Fans treat him as a hero, not the prick who killed G1 Prime. Prime will avenge his death. Yes, you can't reverse the effect.
    --- Flashback! Einstein tells Prime how he built ut back on cybertron bla bla for the war. Needed powerful energon source. Einstein was forced to flee Cybertron due to war. Left behind the device by accident, DOH!!! Shockwave stays by himself on Cybertron when everyone flees, living in poor conditions because he was damaged. Replaces his chopped off hand with a gun (hint hint). Finds Einsteins invention. Autobots shall pay, insert evil laughter.
    --- But before anymore is explained Einstein is immoboilized. Prime fights through the horde of Decepticons with backup. Some Abots are killed getting to the Immobilizer, along with some Dcon deaths. Prime inserts Matrix reversing the effects of the immobilizer. Play The Touch. Decepticons are weakened Nd gets massacered. Megs dies and so does Shockwave. The bodies are thrown into the deepest depths of space.
    ---- Yay we saved the world. Prime talks to Sam. Sam: 'You defeated evil, no more Dcons right' Prime:' Evil cam never be vanquished bla bla' Prime yeah yeah we live in harmony with the humans.

--- BUT!!! Something in space with glowing red eyes say: It is my turn to strike again, and this time, nothing can stop me. Nobody can stop my Destiny!!
    -----

10. jostru

jostru Well-Known Member

1 word: "BOOM" :bay 

11. MetroBub

MetroBub 49ers Fan

They are fans they will complain about anyone who does the movie. Everyone thinks they can do a better job.. Esp. sitting at home.

Never mind the fact that if it wasnt for Bay we might NOT even have TF movies to bitch ABOUT.....

12. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Yet for all that money how much respect can he buy? Most directors make a lot of money from a film and they get a dream project like Peter Jackson got King Kong and Christopher Nolan got Inception, but Bay gets put right back on a franchise he wanted to take a break from.

If you want to know how Micheal Bay films make money it's called marketing. He pretty much said so himself when the Island didn't do well. Instead of blaming himself in any way it was the marketing team that let the film down.

Without the millions and millions they spend promoting Micheal Bay films they wouldn't be bringing in the sort of money they do instead they would be bringing in Island type money instead. I mean if Revenge of the Fallen was going to be a sure thing why spend all that money on a Superbowl ad?

I agree that he's not the world's worst director, but I don't think money is any indicator of his skill. Appealing to the lowest common denominator with the most generic product you can produce may make lots of money but it doesn't make it a really good product. Or even a product that deserves any sort of respect since no one calculates box office when they hand out awards or vote in fans pick award.

As long as he's willing to churn out the same sort of films over and over again I don't think you can expect him to be anything other than the poster boy for bad films people watch anyway.

13. jamjam101

jamjam101 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    soo how much time do you have on your hands?

14. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    You don't pay for a movie after watching it. You pay before, HOPING you'll like it.

15. Bayless

Bayless Well-Known Member

that was so beautifully written Unacronner

16. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    And if it's bad, nobody else goes to see it. Case in point; The Last Airbender, which is still way far away from making back its budget.

17. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Why so Geewun, Loser?

agreed :D  and like my sig says, even if the movies are eventually rebooted, these people complaining bout Bay now will be complaining just as much about the new director

18. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

No, no, no no, no, no, no!

It did not work well, it was cheesy and pointless. Nothing he said wasn't revealed in the movie in a natural way later on. In fact, the entire intro with the Fallen spoils what should be revealed later on. It was horrible in ROTF and should not be used again.

19. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

That's actually not a bad idea right there. Sure it's been done a few times in movies before but I like that idea.

20. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    I think BB should die, even though kids would cry. I hate movie BB so much, just an onnoying character, and I can't understand the flip he's on about