And the new club figure is called

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Cast, Jan 18, 2007.

1. UTK007

UTK007 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The cost of an all new mold is in the mutiple thousands between the designing and actual execution. Even remolded body parts are very expensive. It would not be profitable for Fun Publications to create new molds for figures since it is barely profitable for them to create new body parts at Botcon. Let us remember this is a business first.

2. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Good thing I'm not a member, the first two limbs of that Deceptibot were quite a disaster.

3. UTK007

UTK007 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Actually, the rumor is that the combined form of the Autobot and Decepticon limbs is supposed to be one of the original 13 Transformers so I don't think it is either an Autobot or a Decepticon.

4. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Why are they sporting Autobot and Decepticon logos then?

5. UTK007

UTK007 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In the story, the individual limbs know that they are old but have forgotten who they really are. Skyfall finds it weird that he does not age like the other Transformers on the Speed planet even though he is sure he is the oldest. He and Landquake do not recognize each other but feel a connection and decide to team up. All that we know for sure right now.

6. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    they were selling skyfall's and landquake's together in "catch-up" package at botcon if you signed up for the club in some capacity (prob something like 40 membership plus extra)

A cool idea IMO.

7. LiquiD

LiquiD Well-Known Member

my bad, actually i didn't realize that. i'm not a member and haven't really been following. so what do the other ones look like?

8. MrJoe

MrJoe Active Member

I'm gonna go out on a "limb" here (lol pun!) and guess that it will be based on the helecopter mold.

I love these figures (so far), and the club comic is great, but $40 a year for $7.00 figure and a magazine (Master Collector) that is effectively 100% advertisments just dosen't feel like a good value.

9. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/965

http://www.tfw2005.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/1511

Also, regarding the full combiner set, keep in mind that this is a FREE toy for club members, intended as an incentive to join the Club. A free basic toy per year is presumably covered by the club membership fees; a full set for free would not be financially viable.

10. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Although I'm sure I'm not the only overseas member who'd like to feel they were getting decent value for money.
    Which I don't.

11. Pete Sync

Pete Sync Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, there is a lot more content in the 16 page offering along with the 6 page ongoing comic (not to mention Profiles, just WAIT to you see the two we have lined up next issue). As it has been announced, the newsletter has been switched over to a magazine format which actually debuts next week. The layout is awesome and I am looking forward to the feedback.

As far as other perks, we also offer two member exclusives for purchase, a club website which also is getting a bit of an overhaul with some new features, not to mention if you go to BotCon you get a huge discount, pretty much the value of the membership.

I personally think it is a great deal, but I might be a little biased :cool: 

12. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    Can't wait to get my first free club exclusive. :rock 

13. DESTRUCTICON

DESTRUCTICON Banned

Ebay:
    How do you get one?? You have to be a member of siebertron.com??

and

So this means it will take 5 years to collect them all to create the cobiner gestalt?

14. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes

15. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You can see both of the previous releases in the TFW2005 Galleries at the following links:

http://www.tfw2005.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/1511

http://www.tfw2005.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/965

No, they have nothing to do with this. You have to be a member of the Transformers Collectors Club: http://www.transformersclub.com With membership fees you get 1 combiner limb each year, and I believe you are able to order the one's you missed from the club store as a member.

16. optimus_prime_rules_007

optimus_prime_rules_007 Banned

Of course it's a great deal, if you are American. Please don't take offense, but you guys don't make it very enticing for Canadians or people in other parts of the world to want to join. I was a member for a full year when you first got the Club started and I'll tell you, from what I experienced as a Canadian Club member, it was aweful.

First, I had to repeadidly call LONG distance to find out why I was not getting my Master Collector (I actually only still have 9 of my 12 issues and I had to call your club to get 4 of those.

Secondly, your shipping prices for the toys on the site to Canada are astronomical, again, I don't see the benefit to buying.

Now I'd like to pose a few questions to you if I might.

1. Why the ridiculous cost to join for not being American? What happened to realistic dollar conversions?

2. Why the outrageous costs to ship stuff to Canada? I can buy toys from places like BigBadToyStore.com and pay less shipping.

Please don't take this as me trying to come down on you, and I realize others may have a different view and a better experience with your club, but my experience was as I said above, not good.

17. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    hey, Pete, can you comment on the Sell-through on Air Razor? I'm not going to rejoin unitl i see the new limb (i liked Skyfall but thought Landquake was lame) but i really would like to get Air Razor ~ be a shame if she sold ut before Breakaway was revealed...

18. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    whats the cutoff date for registering and getting since u been gone...er...i mean breakaway for free?

19. LiquiD

LiquiD Well-Known Member

damn, actually with the transparent parts and all this combiner should be pretty darned sweet! i started thinking it was lame and am now thinking about joining. only if i really can get the two i missed after the fact though. i'd really hate to have 3 parts of a combiner. do you think they already have the whole thing planned out as far as who they pick and what the colors will be? i personally hope the deluxe is from the combaticons and breakaway is the dozer mold from the constructicons with the last limb being the copter mold, then again if that were the case we'd get 3 combaticons. i change my vote for the deluxe to either of the other two actually. that'd be tight though, one copter arm, one jet arm, a tank leg and a dozer leg. it'd be sweet if they just made six with one that always got left out like the seacons. that way you'd get some variety(more than you usually get by just switching the limbs around) in how you put them together and you could have 2 from each team. plus you could have alittle guy watching the gestalts back, in cartoons it seems like they always need that guy but never have him.

ewww, but skyfall has one UUUUUUGLY face! haha!

where do i go to join?

20. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    i hope the main body is from bruticus. i felt he was the most solid in bot mode, vehicle mode, and main torso mode. and i like the copter too, but depending on what mold they use for this...i dunno....unless they remold the copter into a space shuttle....that'd be sweet....i know it wont happen, but its cool still...