And now a word from Mr. Bay

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Heat Guy, May 17, 2007.

1. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd like to see it stay on the 4th. I'm suppose to do a promotion with my local theater for the midnight showing and I'm gonna be on the road monday returning from Botcon.

2. IamPRIMUS

IamPRIMUS God among mortals

If the movie was released on Tuesday at like 10 pm, I think it would be alright, and not really mess with all the promotional stuff that's marked 7.4.7. It just gives me more insintive to try and see the movie at the earliest possible showing out here in Kentucky.

3. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

Well, my birthday IS the 4th of july, soooo... I wouldn't care either way. It's likely some theatre in my area will do a screening @12:00am on the 4th anyways, and I'm likely to see it several times on the 4th *JUST BECAUSE* it's my birthday. This is really a moot point for me.

4. turk128

turk128 Well-Known Member

4th of July is such a damn good synergy of marketing that moving it elsewhere would kinda suck (even if US sees it a week later than others).

5. Lsnewton

Lsnewton Active Member

*is getting the early international release*

:D 

6. blackhawk

blackhawk Well-Known Member

Drop in the bucked or not, i think Bay and crew would rather still have the profit than not. I was pretty pumped to see it opening night, gold class and all (dunno how much tickets are worth over there but we typically pay around $15, gold class is like $25) but i will definitely skip it and download the screener that will inevitably be available instead.

I suspect most people will do the same - especially the true TF fans who are probably more net-savvy than most anyway.

This is a real shame, but i refuse to pander to Paramount, Hasbro, etc when there is absolutely no reason whatsoever that "July 4th Everywhere" shouldn't mean exactly that.

I didn't think i'd ever say this but i hope this film tanks in the UK - not that it will make any difference.

7. BeastWars 4ever

BeastWars 4ever Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wouldn't complain about a 7-3-7 opening. I just think it would be stupid. Why? I could understand a week early release, but just a day early? What the heck! Especialy after the 7-4-7 campaign.

8. Screechatron

Screechatron Well-Known Member

So we won't be drunk when we see the movie. Plus we won't miss out on any fireworks.

9. DoubleTakeIDW

DoubleTakeIDW New Member

I don't have the 3rd off from work though... I'd much rather watch it on a midnight show, morning of the 4th than... well.... wait to see it on the 4th anyway since I can't see it on the 3rd.

Guess it doesn't matter but I'd kinda like to see it at a midnight showing. Can't do that if I have to get up at 5am for work the same day. :) 

10. Kranix2k

Kranix2k Spare me this mockery!! TFW2005 Supporter

A day early? WTF?

Oh wow, thats really gonna make a difference in the anticipation factor..:rolleyes2 

Hell no, keep the Independence day release date. Most everyone wanting to see the movie will have the holiday off from school/work/whatever (like me) so wtf would seriously be a reason to bump it up a day?

11. Sablebot

Sablebot #thinkitaintillegalyet

Jazz

Well, I guess Jazz ISN'T the "Killer of Decepticons" as pictured in that magazine spread, LOL!!!!! Jazz would really have to come back with a can of whip_ _ _ to top that, LOL!!!!

12. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    well, he could probably take Frenzy on...