And club exclusives are gone!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Kazy, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Kazy

Kazy Ninja Consultant

No longer up on TFCC store, says both are sold out.
    So much for those of us that didn't have 100$ on demand.

2. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You mean "So much for those of us who didn't get $100 together during the couple of months since a January pre-order date was first announced",

3. TheTFReview

TheTFReview XboxLIVE: kpeek

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yea there was plenty of time to save up if you really wanted to. They'll come back for sure around Botcon.

4. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    I'm sorry, but we knew about TFCC Runabout/Over-run since September 2011. That gives you 4 months to scrounge up ~110 bucks for your club membership and the exclusive. I don't see why this is such a difficult thing. If you're spending money on necessities and you can't really buy toys, then why are you worrying about expensive exclusives anyways?

5. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Hmmm some people might not like to be charged insane international shipping on general principle.

I'd like the toys but I really dislike buying anything FP new - I'd rather give someone else a profit on tip so they don't get the money directly as I have grown to have nothing but complete disregard for the operation and how they conduct themselves.

6. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

Get ready for 100 pms.

7. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My inside sources tell me there are going to be exclusives next year. Better start saving now.

8. Cortexitron

Cortexitron Alternate Reality Patrol

As much as I knew this was going to happen, I kinda hoped Over Run would last a little longer. I'm still trying to track down the last couple Prime figures I need, and the now larger sums of money to needed to procure them really cut into my exclusives budget. I guess I could always reprint a Wheeljack for the time being...

9. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Toy Industry Analyst

News Credits:
    Why would anyone care about Runabout and Runamuck? Generations Wheeljack was the best incarnation of the mold anyway, and he's easy as hell to find.

10. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    I dunno, Wheeljack always ends up feeling squat to me, probably because im used to his lankier appearance on the show. Tracks, I feel, pulled it off best so far, though that may change when the Runs get here.

That said, I love wheeljack and play with mine to death, probably the most of any of my TFs. Iunno, im indecisive =P

11. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

I have a busy work week. I just logged in at the Club site to pick up my Over-Run to see it sold out already and some wonderful person already has an eBay auction set for $150. Guess no pair for me. I'd love to know exactly how many they are making.

12. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Some of us like how they turned out and want to add them to our collection.

13. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hardly on demand, we had mints of notice and teasing and they were delayed several times it's your own fault if you weren't ready

14. Kazy

Kazy Ninja Consultant

Whoa now. I didn't mean me, nor am I bitter about them. Frankly, I didn't ever recall hearing a definitive pre-order time until very recently. I'm just really shocked both of them sold through that fast. I'm fairly new around here; I just joined the TFCC last year, saw how the G2 Ramjet/TT Cheetor sold, and assumed these two would probably do better, but not disappear within a week.
    The 100$ specifically referred to SG Drift and Over Run - my membership is paid up.
    So - I didn't set anything aside because I didn't expect to need to. Entirely my responsibility? Of course it is. Am I bitter? Not at all.
    No need to come jumping down my throat though, some of you sound like you could use a nap and a hug, maybe some warm cocoa with a marshmellow :) 
    TFReview has a good point about Botcon - I actually kind of wonder if dealers perhaps ordered some extras to have on hand there, could end up being relatively cheap to pickup there.

15. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Toy Industry Analyst

News Credits:
    I suppose. I'm more of a mold collector than a character/deco collector, so it seems wasteful to me.

16. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    The beauty of collecting: your collection is not mine and mine is not yours.

:D 

17. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    the numbers we've figured out so far are between 3000 and 4000...

18. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^Which is a lot. His price will go up some but I think the price of Runabout will be managable without his partner in crime.

19. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    No issue. I wasn't referring directly to you either, just airing my thoughts. It's just something that boggles my mind. I'm not particularly mad or anything, but just...confused I suppose.

I KNEW that I was going to get Runabout/Over-Run, so I purposefully set aside 100 bucks to re-up my sub and to get Runabout. Then I kept tabs on release window and I had contingencies set in place in case I couldn't be there to order.

My point is and that with Ramjet we had the same time frame...about 4 months to prepare, contact people, set up plans, set aside money to get it. Barring issues with servers, internet, bank and such, there is absolutely no reason that someone who wanted it can't get it. Isn't that what an internet community centered around collectors is about? Make friends and build connections and you can get almost anything you want. I'm just confused that with all of this, some people still get upset that they didn't get it.

Some people have legitimate complaints, but there are those who just simply fell asleep with little to no prior planning, and if anyone is one of those, I just simply cannot feel any sympathy whatsoever.

20. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Wow, that was fast. I'm glad that I was able to get SG Drift through a fellow board member. How fast did these guys sell out compared to previous exclusives? G2 Ramjet? P/CP?