Heavy/Scratch: And another Superion woohoo

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by UltraMagnus2008, Jan 15, 2009.

1. UltraMagnus2008

UltraMagnus2008 Autobot

News Credits:
    Superion *update*

*1/15/09*
    Been "toying" around with this one for a couple of weeks now. I wanted to run the concepts by you all though. You can never trust family members critques for they are far too biased ;)  BTW I haven't finalized which incantation of this Gesalt will each figure be, as far as name choosing "sups" has gone through some character re-naming.
    I've gathered my parts there are as follows:
    L. Leg : movie Incinerator
    R. Leg: Universe Powerglide
    Core:Movie Jetstorm,and Universe Silverbolt
    L. Shoulder Universe Blaster
    R.Shoulder Universe Treadbolt.

As far as Blaster,and Incinerator goes I tend on downplaying the details that cover these figures making them fit in with the others better. I want to go for realitic paint jobs too. Powerglide will have a desert camo sceme,Blaster will be a Nighthawk. Going for realism but not movie style. And of course I will be using some form of Primus's or Unicron's parts. They offer the biggest, cheapest joints I can get my hands on. But I promise I will make them nigh on unrecognizeable ;)  I have a feeling some of you are not going to like my choices of jets/planes but I wanted to go big or go home, in this case really big ( and easy to repeat for that matter)
    I should have some preliminary shots up by the end of the weekend assuming everything goes according to plan. So fire away and do your worst you can only make this project better. :) 

BTW the sketch is not mine just thought it looked bad ass and very differant from what we are used to.

*update*1/25/09 Ok so heres the first update its a week late in the making, sorry for that. Uniron's head is only there for reference I plan on sticking to the G1 style for this guy's head. As you all can see there is a lot of work left to do. I am debating lenghtening his biceps. they just don't seem long enough. I plan on using the gun/jetpack attatched to his back. The "extra parts" like his arms I plan on attaching to him as ordinance..In short there is a lot of plasticard work left. :)  Let me know what you think.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 25, 2009
  2. battlefudge

battlefudge TFW2005 Supporter

I love it! Good luck man, keep us posted.

3. the (H)i(GH)con

the (H)i(GH)con raver-in-diguise

I like your idea. I was thinking of doing an F-117 Nighthawk myself. Only not with blaster. And I still haven't gotten brave enough to attempt a combiner. Man I love seeing other people do it though!

4. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    Interesting idea I love it

5. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Wait... Voyagers and Ultras for every part?

This guy's going to be huge!

6. UltraMagnus2008

UltraMagnus2008 Autobot

News Credits:

C' Senor! I'm also trying to work his extra parts in as ordinance. Of course he's going to have a BFG and I was thinking about putting something along the lines of "Trypticon Or Bust" Or some other military style (appropiately transformerish) lingo on the barrel or maybe on his extra ordinance.

7. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    I really like this project! I too am making a Decepticon aerial combiner group from Voyagers and Ultras! Maybe we can have a face off gallery when we're both done! With some effort, I believe Blaster will make a kick butt Nighthawk!:thumbs2: 

8. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

You could "spraypaint" the letters "BFG" on the gun.

9. UltraMagnus2008

UltraMagnus2008 Autobot

News Credits:
    LOL I really want to get some pics of this guy throwing Megatron around, kicking him in the Thread and Bolts,etc. he just won't stand up at this point.

10. UltraMagnus2008

UltraMagnus2008 Autobot

News Credits:
    *bump* got some more work done, mainly just laying this out to make sure everything fits.

11. iconscons

iconscons Well-Known Member

May I suggest you pick another choice for the "Blaster" component. The others look like very recognizable planes. Blaster looks like a space ship. Then again, if you paint it black like a stealth bomber, perhaps it wouldn't clash so much.

12. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    Rock on man. I really think this is going to be sweet.

13. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Love where this is goin'! I'm gonna send ya some pics of my big ol' Aerial Combiner team! We seem to be going in a very similar direction! Again I have to say Blaster will fit in just fine, you'll just have to take the needed steps to make him more terrestrial and like a stealth Nighthawk!

14. UltraMagnus2008

UltraMagnus2008 Autobot

News Credits:
    I'm going at him first this weekend and getting him primed STAT mainly because he's the one in doubt here and he's also going to be the easiest to mod :)  he just needs a little more in the way of paneling.

15. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Is your Superion kinda in the Movie Universe per say or this is completely different.

16. UltraMagnus2008

UltraMagnus2008 Autobot

News Credits:
    I'm trying to keep him "realistic" without breaking classic lines, modern paint scemes, modern planes, without going organic on him. He probably would sit well between neo classic and movie verse.