Ancient Primes are stupid

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by AutobotJazz1, May 9, 2012.

1. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 The best there is...

I don't know if anyone else noticed this but, in Rotf when Jetfire showed that hologram of the Primes overtaking and stealing the matrix from The Fallen, you do realize that they could've killed him right then and there instead sacrificing themselves like idiots! Anyone else get what im saying?

2. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ROTF was stupid.

Nothing entirely made sense to the point where it seemed like a joke. It's just the movie.

3. Warpshard

Warpshard Well-Known Member

I didn't get that either. They beat him, why not finish the job and let their son get a break? And if they knew that what they did (or rather, what they didn't) turned their son into someone who's kicking *** and taking faces.

4. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Presumably, despite the wounds inflicted upon him, The Fallen could still fight and murder them all.

5. MonaLazaBeak

MonaLazaBeak Robo-kitty!

Because they wouldn't have a reason for Sam to die and meet them!

6. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Agreed.

7. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Exactly.

8. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    And why didn't The Fallen just kill Optimus while he was lying weak on the ground?

There was so much that didn't make sense in that movie.

9. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 The best there is...

The Fallen can't be that strong.

10. Overlord Balder

Well, Jetfire explicetly says The Fallen was the strongest of all the Ancient Primes, so it makes sense for him to be utterly above all others.

And to honest here, for the more short his fight with Optimus was, he was actually pretty damn resistant, at one point, Optimus fires at him with at point-blank range, and The Fallen doesn't even flinch, then Optimus throws him against a wall while flying, The Fallen isn't even scratched, another load of point-blank shots, not even a scratch. It literally takes the loss of his face and Spark to kill the son of a bitch.

I think The Fallen thought he had killed Optimus when he ripped off the Matrix off Optimus' chest and stomped his chest.

11. Starwave

Starwave Herald of Unicron

This. There is no way Optimus wearing a corpse is THAT much stronger than the might of the Ancient Primes combined. ROTF was just an abysmal mess. That's all there is to it.

12. Overlord Balder

Rule 1 of Transformers: Never underestimate THE ETERNAL GLORY OF JETFIRAAAAAH.

13. j.a.f.o.

j.a.f.o. Just Looking, Not Buying

Overanalyzing this movie is an exercise in futility.

14. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    So, the Ancient Primes are stupid for not killing The Fallen then and there?
    And Optimus is a cold-blooded killer for taking out a similar threat in the forms of Sentinel and Megatron? Oh, fandom, you so crazy!

But seriously.

Reason #1: The In-Movie Reason : "The Fallen was stronger than his brothers, so they had choice but steal and hide it from him." They had to temporarily overpower him to get the Matrix, they felt that was the safest bet. Hindsight, no it wasn't.
    Reason #2 : Plot Convenience : As MonaLasaBeak said, if they killed The Fallen then and there, there would've been no reason for Sam to die and meet them, and the Matrix reform and Optimus save the day and whatnot.
    Reason #3 : RotF is a mess : It's pointless to try and explain it. :lol 

15. Bluebe6

Bluebe6 Banned

News Credits:
    Because why would he stay there and waster time battling Prime? Yes, Prime is weak, but only thing on The Fallen's mind was to start up the sun harvester. There's no point to try and battle Prime, risk loosing the Matrix, and risk getting damaged.

16. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Well-Known Member

Its been a while since I saw such a corny plot twist. It still makes me cringe.

17. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    ^They seem to do that quite often, actually. There's always some hero or villain that needs to survive the scene/episode/season/whatever, so despite that super easy "FINISH HIM!" moment, they've got to let them live.

This. It's the 'nice' answer. One that still leaves that scene with some dignity but also answers the question in a logical manner*. (And it's the answer I choose to go with)

Then there's the other answer: They filmmakers didn't want it to end that easily. Optimus was just brought back after all, and they still needed him to save the way.

*I just wish they could've thrown in a line or two between Megatron and The Fallen like Megatron getting ready to charge off the pyramid towards Optimus, but the Fallen stopping him: "Do not waste your energon. Optimus is weakened, barely able to stand, let alone fight. He is no longer a threat." But with all of the "would've", "should've" and "could'ves" with RotF, it's not even worth imagining.

18. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

no fallen steal martix from his brothers

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I didn't take it as a literal depiction, more like an abridged retelling.

20. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can't buy the Fallen being stronger than the other twelve guys combined if Optimus killed him in no time at all at the end of the movie.

ROTF really was a mess.