Ancient Connections?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Kaymac, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

In Transformers, there are many instances of humans being influenced by the Transformers, but what if in Prime it was taken a step further? Perhaps some of the gods in ancient religions were Transformers, specifically the thirteen? There are many archetypes for gods, such as trickster gods, gods of war, etc.

The Liege Maximo for example, is an example of a trickster god, or a god of chaos, comparable to Loki or Enki.

2. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

Well the TFs seem to have Greek words in their language. What if their language influenced those of Earth? In India and Egypt, their are ancient tales of cat-like people that protected humans. Thundercats? Ok, joking there.

3. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ancient religious and mythological figures that turn out to actually be Cybertronians? I can dig it, kind of like the various "gods" in Stargate. But maybe only a couple instances, rather than every Tom, Dick, and Harry in the cosmos pretending to be a god.

4. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Its a step in a different direction of thought, but yes it can be within Prime.

Since, the "Harverter" was in a painting it could have been given to humans; there's no evidence, but perhaps in season 2 there might be.

5. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Banned

News Credits:
    Zepacna was the best Goa'uld. Any character played by Kevin Durand automatically becomes awesome. He could voice Liege Maximo.

6. Dargor

Dargor Well-Known Member

Anansi (African Trickster God)- Airachnid ?:lol 

You forget something. Cybertronians´ lifespan is measured in the equivalent of millions of years, while human specie has little more than 500000 years. It´s impossible ancient civilitations had any contact with the thirteen, since just Orion/Optimus (last of the Prime lineage) is older than the dinosaurs.

7. MaxxieOD

MaxxieOD Jazz is my homebot

News Credits:
    Maybe not the 13...but could still have some older Cybertronians around. Plus not all of the 13 are dead (I think, I remember Nexus being alive in the books, along with Vector and Alpha Trion). Just cause they're old doesn't mean they're not still around, or could've been around for human history.

8. Leather Elbows

Leather Elbows Dooper

News Credits:
    The ancient Greeks warshipped a god that turned out to be a transformer would be cool, since Greece is sort of connected to the Transformers already with the energon harvestor thingy

9. MaxxieOD

MaxxieOD Jazz is my homebot

News Credits:
    I think someone already used this image not too long ago, but it still feels fitting...

[​IMG]

10. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol  That awesome! And you're right, very fitting!

11. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    I-is that supposed to be Hot Shot? Or who we think Hot Shot is? Pretty funny, though, actually. Haha.

I would also like it if perhaps what we know as "Latin" originated from Cybertronian.

12. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

It is Nightbeat, according to David Willis.

Also, Latin being derived from Cybertronian would be cool, or perhaps the African language all languages are derived from is derived from Cybertronian?

13. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Personally, I would prefer if Cybertronians started meddling a tad late-ish in the human existence game. If we started developing naturally, hence African, Asian, Meso-American languages were going on their own natural paths that we made on our own, but Latin is the one that has "the touch". It could explain how Europe developed quicker, perhaps a separate, smaller, sect of Cybertronians decided to tackle Egypt, hence their advancements, and eventual unions with Rome and Greece.

14. ahunmaster

ahunmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That sounds pretty cool. But I think it would make more sense if they had some hand in the industry age or something around that time.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  15. StarryAqua

StarryAqua Former fandom follower

News Credits:
    Well, Unicron is already the core of the Earth. That's pretty huge for Humanity. Why not get away with a little more?

16. Dargor

Dargor Well-Known Member

Masterpiece! Also shows the intensity of Earth´s "plot gravity force"

P.E: How in the hell cybertronian civilization allowed himself to forget the GODDAMMIT ENERGON FORMULA?