Ancestory/ Nationality

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mrgalvaprime, Dec 27, 2011.

1. mrgalvaprime

mrgalvaprime #BanTJ

News Credits:
    What country were you born in and where does you family hail from?

2. mrgalvaprime

mrgalvaprime #BanTJ

News Credits:
    I was born in Australia (yay overpriced tfs) and while i dont know where my family comes from i like to think of myself as part Mexican, Part Arabian and mostly irish

3. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Mom came from Croatia, Dad came from Greece, my spark was born in Canada, and we all came to the year 2005.

4. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

England and England.

5. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

Welp. Me, my brother, and my mother are from America, but we have ancestory that traces back to Ireland, England, Scotland, United States, and Russia. Seeing as I am a Celtic, Russian, Cherokee, Jew. =D

6. Airspeed

Airspeed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ireland and Ireland as far as I know.

7. Yaujta

Yaujta De-Headmasterizator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    For a few years now, my maternal uncle has been researching our family ancestry through the internet, libraries and other sources, and discovered that we're descended partly from Norse explorers (lots more detail here, but potentially VIKINGS!), and can also trace our roots back to the original American colonies, possibly from the first ships themselves.

8. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Born in Malaysia, spent my childhood all over the place (various locales ranging from Europe to Asia and Australia) as a result of my old man's job requirements. I'm primarily of Chinese descent (Hokkien, specifically) and was raised that way; my paternal great-grandmother was Thai, however, and there's evidence that some European blood runs in both sides of the family.

9. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    Born in Fargo, ND. Been living here since then, and probably will till the day I croak. As far as ancestry goes, I've got German, Norwegian, Irish, and Chippewa in me. Mostly German and Norwegian though.

10. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Born Canadian (So Canadian in Ottawa), My mom's side is Acadian and my dad's side is from France.

11. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Born in Detroit in 1974. My Dad's side is Italian and my Mom's side is Hungarian.

12. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was born in England and so were my Mum, Dad and Mums' Parents - My Dads' Mum was German and his dad was Canadian.

13. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    I'm from Germany, my parents are from Germany and my grand-parents are from Germany too, but my father's parents lived some time in Jugoslawia and his father was born near Poland, but I forgot what the town was called and which country it was. Interesting thing is, most of my family migrated to the US in the second world war and when I google my surname, I can even find a Doctor from the US, having my surname. He looks even like he's one of us, except for his chin, that looks american. So edgy. (my surname is very seldom, by the way...)

14. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

My mom is Filipino, born and raised in Baloc, Nueva Ecija, Philippines. My biological father is American, German in heritage from my understanding. They were married for roughly 4 years until I was born. He preferred to buy weed than buy baby formula, so he and my mom split. Mom moved and took me from Yakima, Washington over to Seattle. I've lived here since.

My stepdad, who's raised me since I was 3, is also Filipino, only Ilocano. He was born and raised in Camiling, Tarlac, Philippines.

So basically I've been raised in a Filipino home. My parents natively speak two different dialects, but my Dad also speaks Tagalog since it's the National Language and all. My mom grew up in a largely Ilocano area, so she understands bits and pieces but doesn't speak it.

15. ironjazz

ironjazz Tie Fighter pilot

News Credits:
    100% Irish

16. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    I consider myself English, British and then European. As for ancestry, we have some sad stories and some even sadder mysteriesm due to my mums interest in geneology.

On my fathers side we have English blood for generations- we were once very, very rich, and owned many mills here in the north. Not any more though, time and carelessless had left nothing even in my grandfathers day. Now that side of the family is destitute, apart from one aunt who died and left vast sums of money to my father (which he squandered on expensive holidays for himself and his girlfriend). That aunt had something of a mystery about her, as her whereabouts during the cold war period are unknown, and she had a fat pension from the government, alongside a contract meaning she couldn't tell us anything. We do have photos of her in the company of several british Prime Ministers, and at several important international conferences, but sadly the truth died with her. We did get a card from someone at the home office when she died though, so she must have been known to them.

On my mothers side, we once believed that there was part italian, part scottish ancestry, however we have since learened that my great grandmother lied to her children about her family (even to the extent of making up that their father my great grandfather was killed in Burma during the war), and theres some big shameful secret she covered up. Not sure what, since no one is left alive to tell it, except for Aunt Sally, who is utterly overcome by dementia and raved about her uncle being a murderer when we asked her. Now she doesn't even recognise us, so she's saying nothing.

Sounds like a couple of damn good stories, now lost to time. A pity, a real pity. :( 

17. Bort826TFWorld

Bort826TFWorld OOGA CHAKA

News Credits:
    My mom's mom was a German Jew with a Russian Jew father. Her family converted to Protestantism during the war to lay low. My mom's dad was full-blood Sicilian-American, and met my Grandmother when he was stationed in West Berlin during Korea. My dad's side on the other hand, his mother was related to German-American settlers, and his dad was Scots Welsh-American, with supposedly a Sioux great-grandmother but I don't believe it.

18. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    My mom is mainly Filipino with traces of Spanish and French. My dad is also Filipino with part Chinese from my grandmother. Both were born in the Philippines while I was born here in Jersey, far away from the shore.

19. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

Born in Perth amboy NJ. My brothers, mom and dad are from Dominican republic. My grandmom's side of the family came from spain.

20. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

i was born in oklahoma. my father is mixed with half Honduran, 1/4 English and and 1/4 Spanish. and my mother is Mexican with 1/4 Japanese.