Analog/tabletop games thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mrhillz, May 20, 2012.

1. mrhillz

mrhillz Changed his user title. TFW2005 Supporter

I noticed that there's an entire forum dedicated to digital gaming, but what about nice analog gaming? My roomates and I are huge gamers, one of them used to run a large gaming group in Toledo, Ohio. So, we've played lots of fun board, card, role playing, and whatever games. What are some of your favorites? Mine would be, at the current monment -

Cards Against Humanity (Think Apples to Apples for horrible, horrible, people) .
    Zombie Dice
    Pathfinder

How about anyone else?

2. LemonPrime

LemonPrime Greetings Programs

News Credits:
    If you haven't yet, be sure to check out Tabletop on Youtube. It's a half-hour show dedicated to tabletop games.

3. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Poker & Uno mostly. Some of those tabletop games like warhammer etc look fun, just to deep.

I have a hard enough time keeping up with video games at my age.

4. LamboTwinLove

LamboTwinLove Lambo Assassin

I love table top gaming! I'm actually in the process of creating my own Transformers RPG using a D10 system. I've made it so making a character sheet for existing TF's is easy, all you need is the box stats. It's my baby. Once I get the system completely hashed out I want to do a basic RPG book for it.

5. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

I ran something similar with a group of friends a few years ago and it really worked well. Especially for character creations. Some of the stat titles had to change out of necessity (rank was useless in a gaming system while Tech Specs had no stats for armor rating).

Other games we've played are Traveler, AD&D, Airship Pirates. I've also enjoyed Heroclix quite a bit.

6. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I still love board games, and have recently bought a few to play with my daughter and friends.

I have all three of the D&D Adventure Series, Castle Ravenloft, Wrath of Ashardalon, & The Legend of Drizzt - all three are fun dungeon crawl games with a lot of action that don't require a Dungeon Master. I also recently picked up Star Trek: Fleet Captains, and I wrote a little mini-review of it over in the board games thread. That game is a Trek fan's wet dream, right there. I've only tried playing a solo game so far, just to get the hang of the rules and so forth, but...yeah, it's a blast. Almost like playing through a season of a Trek TV series.

And oh yeah, AD&D and I are old friends from way back.

7. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Also love table top gaming and my son is loving it too. Our laundry room is FILLED with table top games. We also have a lot of card games. lets' see (keep in mind we have an autistic 6 year old so patterns and colors are important to him):
    Uno (my son rocks this game!), Phase Ten, SkipBo, Connect Four, Battleship, Disney Scene it, Disney trivia Board Game, Sorry, Monopoly (he has a hard time with this one)

8. mrhillz

mrhillz Changed his user title. TFW2005 Supporter

That sounds pretty cool, keep me posted :)  .

9. Chaplain

Chaplain Well-Known Member

I'm a huge Warhammer 40,000 fan. I just don't get time to play it anymore although I do keep reading the fiction. Such a huge and interesting universe.

10. Cavshock

Cavshock Well-Known Member

I play a lot of games. D&D 3rd, Star Wars, and Cyberpunk 2020 are games we have going now. We are debating getting the Serenity/Firefly books to start a game on that.
    We used to play a lot of Recon and Battletech/Mechwarrior.
    For Hex games Third World War, 3rd Reich/Rising Sun, ASL, and WiF eat up a lot of time and space.
    You don't need to write up your own rules for RPG Transformers, Cartoon Action Hour has rules for it already.

Chuck

11. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Just started in tabletop, specifically Pathfinder. my character is a half-orc Cleric. Due to crit, having a scimitar, and having the killer trait, I got to do 13 damage to a golbin (i think) on one turn, killed him the next. Group was in shock that the Cleric killed someone with a melee weapon :lol 

12. KnightSaberAmi

KnightSaberAmi Nyan Nyan

My brother was the gamer into Battletech, Shadowrun, Warhammer40k, I tried to get into them but just couldn't.

13. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    I love DnD and other D20 based tabletop games, but it has been far too long since I rolled dice.

14. Unclejoe420

Unclejoe420 Well-Known Member

Anyone else here played a game called "Talisman" ?

15. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Yes I have, an excellent way to shoot dead about 6 or 7 hours.