Anakin Skywalker, Class 1 - Star Wars Transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by ViceGripX, Jul 20, 2011.

1. ViceGripX

ViceGripX Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Little orphan Anakin has been through a lot. He was a slave, forced into pod racing. He was a Padawan learner, yearning for the love of a senator. He was a Jedi Knight during the Clone Wars. It was during this time that he learned to use the Force to change his Jedi Starfighter into a mechanical representation of himself to better fight the Separatists. What do you mean you don’t remember that part?

“Anakin Skywalker flies his Starfighter into battle against droid tri-fighters in space, then changes the vehicle into a mech to fight super battle droids on the planet below.” – Taken from the figure’s packaging.

swtf anakin (1).JPG sw tf hereos.JPG

Anakin starts out as an Eta-2 Actis-class light interceptor as seen in Star Wars Revenge of the Sith. The ship itself is molded in a metallic grey with yellow S-foils. Yellow paint applications are used surrounding the cockpit and two stripes leading to front of the forked craft as well as triangles aft of the S-foils which are accompanied by three smaller stripes leading back. The canopy windows are painted black. The symbol of the Galactic Republic is on the port side of the front of the craft; just forward of the astromech socket that houses R2-D2. Artoo is painted white, silver, and blue in a general fashion so you get the idea, but there’s not a lot of detail there. The S-foils do open as they should and the two lightsabers he comes with can be stored via some hooks underneath, though they don’t hold well. Speaking of underneath, you can see the entirety of his mech mode by flipping the craft over. So try to ignore that during play.

swtf anakin (2).JPG swtf anakin (3).JPG sw tfs (2).JPG

To transform Anakin, open the top S-Foils and fold the sides up. Straighten his arms and hands. Rotate his legs 90 degrees so the ship panels face outward and flip the feet down. In his mech mode, Anakin has a wider variety of color as he resembles how the Jedi looks during the Clone Wars. His torso is molded in metallic grey with dark blue paint for his chest and maroon for his belt. The panel in the center of his chest is molded in maroon and has the Jedi insignia on it. It can also flip up as if to connect to something, perhaps in starfighter mode to the landing strip of a larger vehicle, I’m not sure. His upper arms are molded in metallic grey as well with maroon paint past the shoulders. His lower arms and hands are molded in a dark blue. His legs are molded in maroon and his feet brown to match the paint from the sides of the ship that form shin guards. Anakin’s head has bronze hair, silver face, and light blue eyes, so he clearly has yet to join the Dark Side. The head isn’t a very good sculpt as it doesn’t really resemble Anakin to well, but it works with this toy. He comes with two lightsabers, with what I believe to be the correct hilts, that he can hold in either hand. He has a swivel neck, ball-socket shoulders, hinges at the elbows and wrists, ball-socket hips, knees that bend and swivel, and pivoting ankles. The arms could have really benefitted from a swivel joint at the elbow and I dislike the wide stance he has. It’s a shame they couldn’t design his hips to move in closer.

Overall, Anakin Skywalker isn’t a bad toy. His starfighter mode holds together well and looks great. It’s the mech mode that’s lacking just a couple features that would make this a great toy. Of the initial three in the assortment, I’d rate him at number three. Again, not a bad toy, just could be better.

2. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for the review. If anything, this toy looks much better than the original attempts at the Eta-2 Actis-class starfighter. Looks like they've focused more on playability and affordability this time, which I really appreciate.

3. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Brony

News Credits:
    Yeah....I'll pass on Anakin. I never liked the character, and his 'bot mode doesn't look anywhere near as good as Obi-Wan or Grievous. If there's a Vader I'll get him...but Anakin? No way.

4. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    Anakin and Optimus....best team-up EVER!!!

5. Grimkid

Grimkid Well-Known Member

agreed ahahahaha taking on megatron and darth maul perhaps