An update to those kind enough to have read my problems...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sixshot, Feb 26, 2006.

1. Sixshot

Sixshot Jeff Goldbluman Group

News Credits:
    Those of you may remember that I got a criminal charge for posession of paraphenelia due to a dumbass friend. I got evicted from my apartment and was forced to move in to my parents'... damn.

But things have gone well. My old apartment complex reduced their charges to me and my former roomie from... get this... $4000 to $86... to nothing. Turns out that a couple of legal letters was all it took to make the bastards realize that they couldn't take us to the bank. They thought because we were a bunch of young kids that they could take advantage of. As Nelson would say, "HA HA!"

In order to take care of my criminal charge, I must complete a drug education class next Friday, which is my birthday, which kinda blows. I also must pass a drug test at the end of March, which while I was a pothead, should be no problem, I've been clean from smoking the ganja for 3 weeks now. Thank you all for your support. I haven't had a very stable internet connection here in my parents' basement, so my responses here have been limited, shitty dialup and all.

Oh and in regards to my concern over my ability to substitute teach (since I just got my BA), I start this week. :rock  Again thank you all that followed my story. You were a great help.

2. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

That is good to hear. I hope you have had nothing to do with this "friend" since that incident. With a "friend" like that you do not need enemys.

3. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

heh good to hear.

4. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Good to hear that they dropped the financials. That amount was so bogus, it was a joke.

5. Devastator001

Devastator001 Prepare for Devastation TFW2005 Supporter

It's good to hear everything went well for you in the long run. Good luck with your substitute teacher position. :) 

6. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    It is nice to hear that bogus $4000 charge didn't stick. I hate it when rental offices try to pull crap like that.

7. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Ugh. So you gotta listen to somebody say "Drugs are bad, mmmkay," when really, a "drug education" class should be about 'which drugs are right for you,' dosage, technique, where to find them, and how not to get busted before, during or after. :p 

8. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I think they teach that class in prison.

I say that, but I am for legalization. Okay, maybe not total legalization for all drugs, but a blind eye once in a while wouldn't hurt.

9. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Will smack your bitch

Legalize it and tax it.

10. Omnibus Prime

Nonsense! We had that class in my high school.

I mean, granted, it was out back behind the school, in the 'smoking section,' between or during real classes, but still. :p 

You could even purchase some after the class.

11. Sixshot

Sixshot Jeff Goldbluman Group

News Credits:
    I too am for legalization. Most people just take the drivel that is fed to them by our government. I'm tired of seeing lamer commercials where someone lets their child drown or loses them at a fair because they were smoking weed. Most people don't know that it was anti-Mexican sentiment in the depression era, along with political headgames, that made marijuana illegal. Kinda sad that two of the most addictive and destructive substances are legal (alcohol and tobacco), whereas marijuana is not.

But it's alright... one day.

12. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

My 2 cents

I've ALWAYS found people clamouring for legalization to be a joke.

I'm FULLY aware of the benefits of medicinal marijuana.And you know what,people who have LEGIT medical use for pot

But the louder voices mainly come from those who just want to get high

People aren't complaining for the greater good.They just want to toke up and not get busted for it.

I mean if you've got like a serious disorder or because of AIDS/Cancer treatments your appetite is shot.Then yes medicinal pot is the way to go.

If you're an average person in good health who just wants to toke up then you're SOL.

And BTW smoking pot IS illegal whether one agrees with it or not.And it's irresponsible to break a law yet get upset when breaking said law causes you trouble.Since when do we choose what laws we want to and don't want to obey? :peoples: 

13. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Bull. I don't want to get high, but I wouldn't mind if it became legalized. There's too much time and money wasted by the law and courts that could be spent on REAL crime.

So yeah, I complain for the greater good.

14. drippy

drippy is a freethinker.

We have a winner!

I've been called many things...never a joke. At least to my knowledge.

I've never smoked it (I'm not counting the second hand stuff from various DMB concerts). I have no desire to toke up. My reasons for legalization couldn't be farther from the generalizations you're making. :sly2: 

15. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

They need to bring back the winners don't use drugs messages, i'm sure videogames influenced more people away from them then any school lesson or TV advert.

Personally, i'm for drug enforcers that drive around in sports cars and blow people up with rockets.

16. Shipwreck

Smoking pot is just like drinking. When done in moderation it is perfectly fine but once you take that to an excess that is when someone gets hurt. People kill people from drunk driving yet alcohol is legal. Why is it? How do you benefit from killing your liver and getting fucked up? The only reason weed is illegal is from people who've never smoked it and don't understand it or how it effects the body. Why waste time pulling people over, putting people in jail for a 'drug' that is so much like alcohol and wasting tax payers money when you can just legalize it, tax it, and make money off of it and go after real problems.

I honestly believe you can not really judge pot if you've never smoked it before. Thats like saying if the law tells you all black people are bad you blieve it without ever even meeting a black person and not being able to pass judgement on yourself. And on that issue.. You have to remember that laws aren't always right. the US did own slaves, did have segregation yet times changed and laws changed because they realized they were wrong.

17. Omnibus Prime

The "War on Drugs"/criminalization costs faaaaaaar more in terms of money wasted and lives ruined or lost than it would if they were legal and controlled (and, of course, taxed out the ass like tobacco and alcohol).

I was 'that guy' in college, who wrote an 8-10ish page paper in favor of decriminalization for a government class. I got an A. Which, despite this being Austin, was actually a surprise as my prof was a former Air Force hardass who had explicitly stated at some point prior in the class that he was not in favor of decriminalization.

18. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Please don't compare pot legislation to the torment & stereotypes black people recieved.I'm black and comparing drug use to what MY ancestors probably went through is insulting

And like I said medicinal use is pretty much legal.And that IMO is good enough.

And "I honestly believe you can not really judge pot if you've never smoked it before"?!?!. It's called having an opinion,just because I don't smoke pot doesn't mean I can't have an opinion on the issue.I don't drink either but I can very well still have an opinion on it

19. Shipwreck

I'm comparing the fact that you suggest that the law is the law and if its the law then its right yet laws are made by people and what those people who made them believe goes. They passed laws that allowed the segregation of African Americans. Because it was the law does it make it right? No. Case in point not all laws or lawmakers are always right. This isn't about race here this is about laws being just and injust.

Who here said you can't have an opinion? You can have an opinion but your opinion is only based of what you've heard and heresay then really experiance. You ( As in everyone in general) can't really make a proper assement of it if you've ever done it. You dont know how it effects you or others so how can you.

Honestly, for what reason should it be ilegel? Find me at least 20 cases where someone has OD from it. Show me how it isn't as bad as Alcohol. In the US there was Probation is the exact same thing as weed. People were getting perscribed whiskey by doctors for use, there was a black market for it, etc. How is it any different? Legalize it, tax it, make it so you have to be 21 to use it.

20. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    The government tries to make the unknowing hate pot for reasons that, for the most part, are only half-truths. I also agree that if you've never tried it, you really shouldn't berate it.

Like those stupid "Truth" commercials. There's one where they "label" all these people on the street. They call them things like "emotionally depressed", "non-conformist", crap like that, and say big tobacco uses labels like that to market to customers.

Guess what? ALL COMPANIES DO THAT. It's called marketing. Those commercials use half-truths to make people hate something for reasons that aren't completely true. Not that smoking cigarrettes is good, but only telling the truth that THEY want people to hear is not the way to go about raising awareness.

Laws get changed all the time, liking and accepting a law just because someone tells you to is pretty brain-dead. Authority should always be questioned, and not taken at face value because they tell you to.