An understanding on TF4

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by fallen_revenge, Apr 11, 2012.

1. fallen_revenge

fallen_revenge Movie News Addict News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    i just need an undertsnading of what they mean by reboot or remake like why would they have the same robot characters and a different story? its just hard to undertand!

2. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Unfortunately, they don't seem to know what they mean when they say it, either.

We'll just have to wait and see what we get.

3. FeelingLuckyPnk

FeelingLuckyPnk Decepticon Punks!

It will most likely be like "The Hulk" and "The Incredible Hulk" movies.

4. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    thing is that the second hulk film have nothing to do with the other hulk film.

5. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    First thing you need to understand is that it's not a reboot or a remake.

6. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
  7. RoadBuster88

RoadBuster88 Studio Ghibli

I would say, going by what they said in that link, that they were gonna use most of the same people and designs but the story started again. However, they said that they were gonna carry on from the 4th one... im stumped!

8. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

No one really knows and I doubt they even knew when they originally released those statements.

9. Rewind Eject

Rewind Eject Well-Known Member

I think that was the point. One ended in South America and the other started with it. Similiarly, I believe he is suggesting that it will have no real connections to the first three save for character appearances and it will begin when the Transformers are already on earth. I don't know if I agree, I just wanted to clarify.

10. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
  11. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    still its not connected, the crew even said that the new hulk have nothing to do with the 2003 one.

i aware of it, but every time i re-search the word re-imaginning it leads me to reboot and remake and bay said tf4 is whole new reimaginning of Transformers. also other itnerviews includes the word reboot (including this site)

then again bay said in 2011, back when DOTM was meant to be his last, that due to the way DOTM was ending, if the studio had to make a fourth transformers film it shoudl be rebooted

12. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

No one really knows what they mean because they just threw a few statements out there with some words like re-imagined that could mean almost anything.

It's likely going to be more of the same we've been getting from the film so I'm not expecting some big changes out of the film. Maybe some new actors more explosions and a lack of depth to the characters.

13. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I suppose it's a clever way of telling us something fluid in meaning which when the film finally happns they can go back and say 'We told you it would be done like this right back when it was first greenlit so stop complaining'.
    It's better than the first film where it was suggested it was going to be G1-based and then that idea changed and years later people are still steaming about that. Much better to be vague right from the start while still telling us something.

14. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I cannot understand how a film in the same continuity as its predecessors can be a reboot.

15. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    That's why they'll probably cheat and call it a 'soft reboot'. I'm sure they'll find the right words to spin it so it sounds like something new while still being the same thing over again.

16. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    A rose by any other name, eh?

Tch.

17. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    I've been trying to figure this out too, but since I don't have the patience to wade through pages of whining, explosions & tentacle rape, I'm just gonna wait till it comes out and then watch it for myself.

18. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    what they will probably do being they said they are going to FOLLOW the events of movie 3 and this will be movie 4 but re-imagined is... the core cast of Autobots, OP, Ratchet, Bee and Swipe will more than likely carry over but with re-imagined, re-formated designes. If this movie takes place after 3 but will invalve a new human cast from the ground up, that would have to be explained as it is some few to many years after the events of 3 and all the human characters have moved on. This would be the only way I can see them calling it a sequel to 3, keep most of the core Autobots, start a new human cast and bring in a fresh new story and plot. It would have to be a clean slate as after events from 3, there has been next to no real threat from any D-cons. So Earth has moved on and FINALY excepted the Autobts... maybe evn given them their own base of operations (Autobot City?) and since then, a few NEW Autobots have made their way to Earth. Characters like the 3 Wreckers and Dino can easily be written off in comics (after events of movie 3) and say they were killed and so on to slim out the autobot ranks and leave just the CORE 4. The only problem I see with IF they take it into the future by a few to many years is the Autobots would either have to go completly CGI in alt mode as if you make a movie about TFS that invalves them being cars from 3,4,10 years in the future... Bay wont have real cars to use on set. So again 100% CGI for what they think these cars would look like then OR the Autbots revert back to their true Cybertronian alt molds.

19. RoadBuster88

RoadBuster88 Studio Ghibli

I'm not too sure that cars will have changed too much in a couple of years :p 

20. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

That's okay I'm still trying to figure out how they had much in the way of continuity to begin with. I keep having those Inigo Montoya moments of "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means" when people talk about the rich deep can't be sacrificed continuity of the live action films.