An opportunity for 3rd party companies?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by process, Jul 14, 2009.

1. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Consider this thread a passive-aggressive request to any one of our favorite 3rd party companies: Non-transforming Jetfire armor for ROTF Leader Prime.

The official Leader Prime/Leader Jetfire combination is impressive as is, but compromised by the condition that the Jetfire figure must retain its ability to transform. This results in a blocky combined figure with poor articulation and screen-accuracy. Those of us who have seen the movie will quickly realize that the Prime/Jetfire combination is an irreversible reaction; why preserve both robots, when one has actually assimilated the remains of the other?

I would love to see an accessory which allows the Leader Prime figure to assume to character of Jetfire/Prime without sacrificing its lauded aspects. At the very least, a low-budget solution could simply include unpainted, clip-on plastic panels, wings and thrusters.

Thoughts, criticism and input are encouraged!

2. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

Armor that's movie accurate and actually in scale would be awesome!Would probably be pretty expensive, but it'd be cool!

3. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    this is something i've been wanting/suggesting since i got Prime and Jetfire

as nifty as the two toys combining is i would reeeeeeeeeally love some non-transforming/movie accurate Jetfire armor to put on Prime. that would be soooo awesome

i hope somebody's reading this cuz it would rock :p 

4. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    Aaaand then comes the cease and desist from Hasbro

5. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's something that crossed my mind, since I'd think it'd be easier to pull off without Hasbro flipping out than a transforming Springer. Even though I'm picking up a second Jetfire for the sole purpose of combining it with Prime, I'd love snap-on armor that makes the toy combo more screen accurate than what we currently have.

6. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    hmmm sounds cool but it would surely be inthe same price range as the Powered/City/Shadow Commander trailer/armor sets

7. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    probably more considering itd be armor for a Leader class figure and not a [relatively small] Voyager class

I'd still buy it though. It would be SO worth it IMO

kiiiiinda like its come on all the other 3rd party products right?

hmm....

Hasbro may not like it but...if they're not gonna make it then. their loss :p 

8. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

Hasbro has said they don't mind add on kits. The only reason they were getting upset with Fansproject was because Fansproject had a few fully transformable full figures planned that were VERY much based on Hasbro characters (e.i. springer, wrekgar, broadside, etc.)SO I don't think Hasbro would really have a problem with this idea. It's not a full figure, just an add on armor kit.

9. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    Most of that 3rd party stuff doesn't infringe Hasbro's intellectual properties.

And Hasbro did make it. ROTF Jetfire exists, The fact that some people don't like it is their fault.

If it infringes Hasbro's intellectual properties, they're probably gonna do something about it.

10. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    Hasbro made Jetfire that combines with Prime

all i'm asking for is snap on JTFR Armor ;)