An Open Letter to The Navy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spartan Prime, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

I understand that you gotta do what you gotta do, and that sometimes a marriage being in the middle of that isn't that big of a deal to you. I understand that you think giving me money in exchange for taking my wife to Japan should be "satisfactory" enough, to make up for the income lost.

What I don't understand is why you think it makes since not to give that money to me because you don't have proof of my not being with my wife, when you wouldn't give me clearance to go with her in the first place.

Or why you're now saying "Y'know the money we give you, to pay bills with? We're cutting that into less than half, and not telling you about it until bills are due. The same bills you couldn't afford last month courtesy of us here at the Navy's TSC department."

So now, not only have you split me from my wife of less than 8 months for about 2 years, but you're wreaking havoc on my finances and credit. Thanks Navy, way to be a team player.

2. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Three words. All. Volunteer. Force.

Sucks sometimes, but there it is.

3. Spartan Prime

<-- Aware. But this isn't so much about my wife doing her duty, I'm proud of her for it. I just wish the TSC would quit randomly deciding I don't need money without at least giving me notice of their intent to do so.

4. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'm assuming that they cut your seperation allowance. If so, and you're experiencing a temporary shortfall in funds, consider contacting the NMRCS @ http://www.nmcrs.org/intfreeloan.html. They're the Naval equivalent of the Army Emergency Relief, and will provide you with interest free loans or even grants depending on your circumstances.

I also don't know how familiar you are with the military, but if this is a recurring issue, consider contacting your wife's unit's Family Readiness Group or Family Support Group (don't know the Naval acronym). Alternatively, if that doesn't work, you can consider contacting your wife's unit's chain of command and request that they get involved. That'll really only work if you're personally getting screwed. If it's just Navy-wide changes, then they obviously won't help.

5. Spartan Prime

Thanks, I'll be looking into it.

6. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

No problem. If you have any questions about specific stuff or issues, feel free to PM me. It's kind of a foreign language at first.

7. ac77

ac77 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    that's life in a blue suit! I'm still trying to get out of a reserve reactivation clause - I've got a four year old and a life and haven't been in the navy for many many moons. now they want to send me to the bloody gulf. you really do sign away not just your own life - but the lives of your future family when you sign on.

hope the situation rights itself for you dude.

8. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Hmm my "Open letter to the Navy" would have been totally different. Something along the lines of "Thanks for turning my NOW ex-girlfriend into a slut, Thank you, that is all"

9. Spartan Prime

Dude, not the type of thing to say when a man's wife is overseas.

10. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

I thought about the Navy during my last job search. With my educational background and comm skills, I'd do well there.

11. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Open letter to the village people,

Your song give very little insight to what Spartan Prime is talking about.

Please fix,

kthxbye

12. Spartan Prime

:lolol  That makes things better, actually.

13. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Oh sorry. I am sure your wife isn't like that at all. This girl had obviously repressed slutty tendencies and just used being away as an excuse. If my wife was overseas I know I could trust her.