An Open Letter to Simon Furman

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Sureshot, Oct 1, 2006.

1. Sureshot

Sureshot Banned

News Credits:
    This weekend at your Botcon seminar, you said that you had no plans to include females in any of your upcoming work because you could not figure out why there would be female Transformers. Afterward, I spoke with you and you said if you could figure out why they existed, it would help in your decision making. My answer is this...

It makes sense for a robotic race that mimics organic life to include the female aspect. While we know little about life on other planets, we do know that there is very little life on this planet that doesn't have both sexes. I am excluding single-celled here. Animals have both. Many plants have both. For a race that disguises itself, why wouldn't they want feminine robots to help them blend in? Even if that gender was engineered by the Quintessans.

Finally, why do the majority of the robots appear male and have male voices? They could have been designed sexless with a neutral more ambiguous voice. The new movie characters sure don't look all that gender specific so it could have been done differently.

I know I am going to get shot down by many who share Mr. Furman's view. That is ok, we are all entitled to our opinions. Still, Mr. Furman, you wanted a reason and I felt that I needed to give you one.