An old TF artifact discovered

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Rayzilla Prime, Oct 5, 2007.

1. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

I got into the Transformers saga when Beast Wars came about. When they'd talk about the Autobots and Decepticons, I thought they were just talking about some legendary (fictional, cause we all know they were legendary) race of Transformers that were just made up. But that all changed at the time when Beast Machines rolled out.

My mom was rearranging some old record albums when she stumbled across a Transformers "read-along" story record (I unfortunately don't have the book). I can't find it now, but I have a copied cassette tape of it. It's called "When Continents Collide." I realize now that the voices were really bad (especially Soundwave's lack of voice synthesication whatsoever), but I also realize that this may be a rare find. If I recall, the story is kinda like this:

The Decepticons are in search of oil to make Energon cubes. They have an oil transporter hovercraft (that supposedly was manmade, rather than Decepticon technology) that sucks a bunch of oil resovoirs dry. A few familiar names are mentioned (even without having a "speaking" line), such as Skyfire, Hound, Ratchet, Soundwave, Prowl, and a few others. Because of oil reserves being dried up, they collapse on themselves and shift the continents to collide with each other, and the world is basically ready to go to war with itself, countries blaming each other for the cause of it. Eventually, the Autobots use Rayzon (did I spell it right?) gas to pump the oil out of the transporter and back into the resovoirs, and it causes the geometry of the Earth to go back into place (cray-zee!). The Decepticons escape (so that means there's possibly more than one of these records?) and the Autobots save the day once again.

I liked the storyline, but if the voices were like those in the cartoon, my rating for it would sky-rocket. No one I know has said anything about these, but I think it belonged to a relative of mine who collected the original toys back in the day, which could be why I'm a TF finatic. XD

Feel free to state your opinion.

2. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

MY GOD I remember that.
    I remember it being rather good, but I was like 4 when I heard it.

3. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We EXIST!

News Credits:
    Not that rare, actually. I have that one, book and all. Very amusingly awfully cheesy!

--Moony

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I still have mine (book + cassette). I also have another storybook + cassette too. I hope they brought back as many fond memories for you as they did with me when I unpacked my collection in December 1999 :) 

5. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    I have some of the "big looker" storybooks, but I never had any of the cassette ones, too bad. Does anyone know if there is a website with scans of the books and mp3's of the cassettes?

6. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    I REMEMBER THOSE i had that one and i had the Looney Tunes where Bugs goes to the carrot planet

7. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    THERE'S A CARROT PLANET NOW?!?!?! I'll pass, I'm gonna be plenty contented with what happens with planet Eris (Arus) that floats near pluto and is a little bigger. (crosses fingers, hopes for a drule invasion)

8. Infosaur

Infosaur Well-Known Member

When I was a kid there was a book tape for "The Black Hole" and the Queen Soundtrack for "Flash Gordon".

Both tapes left the sound effects in from the fight scenes.

So we'd crank up the volume, grab our toy guns (which would be illegal now if not outright get us shot) and run around the house and yard going "Bang bang bang!" :D 

9. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Rings a bell sorta I gotta look though my attic