An introduction to the franchise.

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by unchained5150, Jul 10, 2011.

1. unchained5150

unchained5150 Time to Disappear.

The new movie is out and Joe Schmo moviegoer loves it. He knows a couple of names and likenesses, a bit of personality and motivation but, wants to know more. Say you have five minutes to give him the rundown of what the essence of Transformers is. Where do you start, what do you say/show?

Now, expanding ever so slightly. Say you have enough time to show them -one- episode from any series to try and get the point across; which do you choose?

I was thinking about this while I was at work today. We were having an exceptionally slow Sunday so, I put on the '86 movie in the shop since I figured my coworker and I would be the only one watching. She knows ziltch about TFs so, I figured the first 20-30 minutes would fill her in on the need-to-knows but, after Megs gets reformated, she still had questions. So, we talked the rest of the shift about it. I was wondering if any of you have been able to condense a synopsis; Cliffnotes version, if you will.

2. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Started as toys in Japan from different companies, America got it and we made an awesome story, old cartoon and cartoon movie, then some time passed and we got a show where the 'bots could turn into animals. Japan put out a new show, then both the American and Japanese companies made a show, did their thing, then the first Michael Bay movie came out.

Pretty much: Autobots vs Decepticons nearly every time, almost always an Optimus against a Megatron, they fight and shit happens. Some stuff is better than others, some stuff is more kid-friendly than others.

Here's a website where you can just browse and look for more stuff (tfwiki.net). If you wanna learn more, we can chill, grab some beers and pizza and if you'd like to watch shit, I can show ya.

3. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    The movie doesn't give any back story or explanations for a non-fan. You should have started with MTMTE, which does.

--Moony

4. unchained5150

unchained5150 Time to Disappear.

Indeed, I know but, it does have all of the characters acting like who they are. Plus, it was on a whim that I put the movie on lol. I don't have the show on my work hard drive... >.>

5. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    You started with the 86 movie? That's like showing a friend who has never seen any Star Wars but the first scene you show is, "I am your father."

6. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

There's nothing you really need to know going into the original animated movie. It's waring alien robots. Victor Caroli explains everything in the opening narration. And no, I'm not talking about the stupid Star Wars style opening. I was not happy the day that I got my Kid Rhino VHS and saw that opening.