An Interesting & Logical Explanation for Three "Arcee" Bikes?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by SKowl, Sep 3, 2008.

1. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

I have a pretty good theory about the 3 Arcee bikes. A theory that is born from knowledge of the facts and of how the production of the TF movies work, and not some random speculation based on "how things worked in G1"...

Ok, does anyone remember the behind-the-scenes stuff on the bonus features of the Transformers Movie DVD? There is a part where Aaron Archer talks about the early Ben Procter concept design of Optimus Prime, and how they had to change the wheels because, in the design, they uncoiled. Archer mentions how something like that would have made the production of a toy nearly impossible, so they had to change it.

[​IMG]

Ok, most people know that Hasbro has a say in the final movie designs, since they're the ones who have to make the toys - and they need to be do-able. Perhaps making Arcee three bikes solves one of the big problems Hasbro would have with making a toy based on Ben Procter's Arcee concept:

[​IMG]

If you look closely, Arcee's two bike wheels split apart. Her knees are two halves of one wheel, while on her shoulders are the other wheel split into four - two quarters in the front, and two in the back (look closely at how her arms go between the wheel halves). Now, Hasbro managed to make a pretty decent Arcee toy the first time around - but they only managed to split one wheel into two, and they had to hide the other in the back - with some clever design work to make it look like she has wheels on her knees, but doesn't really.

[​IMG]

Put yourself in Hasbro's place. Making Arcee into three bikes solves three problems at the same time:

1 - Her height is no longer an issue, as she probably will stand as tall as your average car-sized Autobot.

2 - If they release the new toy as three small basic/scout sized bikes packaged into one Voyager box, the bike modes would actually be in-scale with the other vehicles, unlike the deluxe version.

3 - Instead of dealing with the six wheel-parts (two halves and four quarters) of the first design, they can now make a toy with a similar design without having to deal with the problem of wheels that need to roll but still split apart and move to all the right places on a toy.

Her colour scheme should remain pretty much the same, I just hope they don't change the bot design too much. It's really cool, and has already been so well established by the toy and numerous comics she appears in.

2. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Twitter: @Super_Megatron Administrator

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I hope the robot mode will be quite different, as I don't actually care for the current design.

3. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Makes sense, I hope they don't change her too much, as Arcee's design is one of my favourites.

4. Kortex

Kortex Well-Known Member

Nah man... Would nt make any sense... The 3 bikes would follow eachothers and speak.. I dont know, I d rather have a small Arcee....

5. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

So would I - but by the looks of that video, that's not what we're going to get. I'm just looking for the reasoning behind this drastic change.

6. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    It's doesn't work, making arcee composed of 3 bikes would make the toy very difficult to produce, plus dealing now with 6 wheels instead of 2, and also it doesn't solve the heght problem, if they want arcee to be as tall as the other autobots, they could make her a sleek car.

7. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    <Michael Bay> What? Toys? Who cares what Hasbro does with the toys? I just want some AWESOME robots for my movie!

8. Rattrap

Rattrap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Other than her weird hair thingy, I like the design, just not the toy. I dont know, something about the toy just bugged me, mabe the weird arms that could barely hold her weapon. But I will be happy if they do the 3 bike thing. It would be different and would make a cool toy, plus she will be in scale with the rest of the autobots.

9. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Orci said that she has a completely new design in ROTF.

10. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Has anyone considered that not all 3 bikes are Arcee/ they could be holograms or she's hanging around with some biker chicks to blend in or something. I like her current desingn but if Orci said there's a new design I'm fine with it. We can just say her current one is her Cybertron mode from RoS.

11. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Why would the biker chicks engage in a chase of a Decepticon in a factory in China?

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  12. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe they're looking for some sort of adrenaline high? I don't know, I'm no writer.

13. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    3 combining Arcees makes sense.

- one of the writers mentioned we would see combiners
    - one of the producers mentioned that were weren't going to see combining constructicons (which makes the combiner possibly being Arcee and not Devastator)
    - ONE OF THE reasons why Jazz was killed off was because Michael Bay felt that Jazz was his least favorite mainly due to his size. He was the smallest of the Autobots
    - if the reason above is valid, that means he would want Arcee to be alot bigger in her robot mode otherwise, as a single bike, she would only be the size of a tall human
    - we clearly see 3 Arcee bikes with identical female riders, most likely holograms

14. n_tel_ekt

n_tel_ekt Wreaker

may contain a SPOILER!

I doubt that Arcee will be made of 3 bikes (and I dont think she will be made from that 3 wheeled bike either). After seeing (SPOILER!!!!) the hot pink motorcycle (although, along with an identical blue and a purple color version of the bike) in one of the preview videos... I doubt that Acree's design will change much at all. I mean, they'd already establisheds her look and design in the comics and a cool toy.

15. Topspin

Topspin Twin Twist Sucks

News Credits:
    Arcee WILL be made out 3 bikes.
    HE TELL ME!

16. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    I don't see Arcee as 3 bikes working. First the colors are different, which would the bot a very busy and rushed look. Second, I can't imagine how a 3 bikes that look the same would be able to form a single cohesive robot (in toy form). The Beast Wars combiners worked because they had 3 different modes. We're talking 3 bikes to form one bot with 2 arms, 2 legs and a head. Only way I could see it working would be if one bike is legs, one is torso, and one is arms, shoulders and head. but where do they hide all the wheels? Me thinks it would make a crappy toy, and a crappy movie design. I hope this is not the case, or they change Arcee back to a singular vehicular form.

17. Vladakris

Vladakris Predacon

Wheels could all pull off and form a super weapon of DOOM! I dunno how that would work. Each motorcycle could be a smaller robot like One name ElitaOne, ect and they combine to form Arcee. But the toy would probably be pretty damn wierd. It would be cool to have a 3 headed arcee. Hopefully the movie will give arcee a personality that doesnt make me hate her. So fare I like wheelie better than I do arcee, I hope the movie can change that.

18. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I think it a work around to get Arcee in the movie, have her be a bike and appease Bay who didn't want her to be only 7 feet tall. That being said I think it's a silly idea unless all the bikes have there own bot modes and they form Arcee and even that idea is silly.

If they wanted her to be taller then they should have made her a pink sports car.

19. soundwave34

soundwave34 OBSESSED Transformers Fan

I don't think she'll be made up of three motorcycles but that'd be interesting but very vulnerable. I think they should modify her design to because why else did the replace her with Captian Lennox on a motorcycle?

20. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    Are we sure they aren't Holo bikes, or allspark bikes of other natures? Or has proof been spotted that all 3 are her and combine. While I think it's possible all three are her, as far as I knew it was a chameleon effect that'll allow for more repaints, but if there's been footage of them using all 3 at once. I have no clue. Seems weird to have a body only formed from three seperate entities though it would fix the height issue. What happens when one is too far away or out of commission?

That'd be neat if true, but I'd be worried on her final design with all those wheels. Arcee Reverse Reflector style on the autobot side.

Arcee and her kids, that's going to make the fembot debates, odd. I think I quit before even trying on that. Bay himself will probably have a bad enough joke in movie about it that answers it for this Uni in his offbeat 'tactful' humor way.