An Idea

Discussion in 'TFW2005 Tech Support' started by TheDemonDzko, Apr 9, 2012.

1. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

I don't know how to apply this application. Though, I feel as if we should have a system in which items are categorized in a personal setting. Or News that is prioritized by interests, and lowered on the totem-pole by disinterest, or even removed completely from a users personal experience.

For example:

Third party products. I am very much so against them. However, the Newsfeed on TFW is constantly filled with it. However, instead of having The Newsfeed. I could have My Newsfeed, a newsfeed witch is exclusive to my personal interests.

Just a thought. I realize that news is slow right now, and this is a forum... but I think we should modernize the forum and invite it into the 21st century. ;D Instead of having 3rd party 1st party websites be the most advanced thing on the website itself.

2. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Hello,

You can get news, without 3rd party news stories, by using this link:

Transformer World 2005 - Transformers News - No 3rd Party Stories

And if you browse through the news categories, you can see news just from the areas you want to.

Transformers News - TFW2005

Right now, there isn't a way to completely customize the news category. Doing something like that, and allowing thousands of people to essentially have completely custom frontpages, would essentially kill the server, even our nice new one, as the database files would likely grow to be massive.

It's something we can think about for the future. But with our current system it's not completely feasible.

3. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

=< Not even if it is a flash based add-on?

4. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Flash is not an option. Sorry.