An Idea for FOC Maps

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by SlagSwoopSnarl, Mar 24, 2012.

1. SlagSwoopSnarl

SlagSwoopSnarl BUT PRAHM.

I just thought of an idea that could plausibly fit into Fall Of Cybertron's Multiplayer.

I think High Moon should put in all the WFC maps (but still add a bunch of new ones), and redo their styles to fit FOC's 'planetary shutdown' setting.

What do you think?

2. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    We have no idea what the multiplayer maps are going to look like yet so this could be a good idea if the multiplayer maps are still the same kind of style but what if there wide open like the story maps? or maybe something completly diffrent?

3. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's a possibility but honestly it might not be feasible. They might have redone every asset in the game which could make the maps completely unusable, like for instance the scale changed or something.

In my honest opinion, I'd say it's possible we'll see a map or two but I won't be surprised if we don't see any of them. Game developers like to reuse assets but it isn't always practical.

4. UndeadMonkeyGuy

UndeadMonkeyGuy Logic Meister

News Credits:
    I was thinking the same thing but in a much more negative way. You see if they put the existing maps in a new game its going to kill the re-play ability. The existing maps all suck anyway, (apart from gorge).

As another note i would like to point out that having the existing maps will make the FOC sniper useless. The only thing you could really do on WFC with a sniper was quickscope since of the lack of sight on most maps created the problem of not being able to hardscope. There was few open spaces where you could snipe. The new sniper in FOC you will have to charge before you shoot rendering quickscoping dead. Meaning you wouldn't be able to use the sniper in closed areas (the majority of WFC maps). So I really hope they improve on the open spaces.

As a side note that isn't directly linked to this thread. I would like to say that in FOC one of the upgrades for the ion blaster is to shoot through walls. If you can access these upgrades in the menu in multiplayer then this may be prone to the ability glitch present in WFC & DOTM. Meaning that snipers may start shooting through walls...

5. Skywarrior

Skywarrior Member

The dlc maps sucked in wfc, the only maps i would like see return are molten, berth, gorge and complex except all the maps are slightly changed due to the war's climax on the planet.

6. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    I also would hate to see the DLC maps return there not that good (not including the escalation maps since there awsome)

7. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    God I hate gorge...

8. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    Some maps I'd like to see;

A map that's several ship hulks that are either in space or on some cliffs (where a misstep might kill you) that also have LOTS of holes and damage, with some parts capable of being knocked down to alter the map, as well as offer chances to snipe as well as run-and-gun.

9. mrgalvaprime

mrgalvaprime #BanTJ

News Credits:
    All i want is Energon gulch (Halo's blood gulch in transformers style :p _

10. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 MTMTE Sucks Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    i would like to see something in the sea of rust and a map on that huge transport thing that's carrying trypticon. and maybe a map that alters throughout the match...the map being part of metroplex as he's transforming

11. HeroicC300

News Credits:
    What about my idea?

12. Onslaught24

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    that one was interesting. it helped me make my idea for the metroplex thing actually. but on the metroplex level, as he's transforming, certain rooms and parts of the ground are tilting, sliding, rotating, etc. so it'll prove a challenge for the player like your idea. your idea also sounds like orbital debris but amazing and more deadly.

13. HeroicC300

News Credits:
    Orbital Debris?

That annoying map where it's a weird disc-thingy that has some ruins floating around?

Yeah, like that, but with 110% more awesome.

Your map idea might not work until we know how big 'plex is.

14. Onslaught24

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    hmm. yeah, cause the only size comparison we have is matt saying metroplex picks up OP in his hand so prime will probably be half the size of the DOTM cyberverse figs compared to metroplex

15. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

I would like to see them take a more cinematic approach and have at least one or two maps where you are on a moving vehicle like in the Uncharted 3 multiplayer. That could be really awesome.

16. HeroicC300

News Credits:
    A level that starts on a starship fight and ends with the map idea I have would be AWESOME.

17. Onslaught24

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    like the giant transport that's carrying trypticon