an idea about magnus

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Grimlock22, Aug 18, 2012.

?

did magnus get his trailer as an upgrade

1. yes he could have got it as

7 vote(s)
    70.0%
  2. no he coun't have

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  1. Grimlock22

Grimlock22 Some sort of artist

So we have nothing about how or when he got his alt mode so could he have scaned the cab and gotten his trailer/armor as an upgrade from Wheeljack

2. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you're referring to the cartoon, he's no different than other S2 bots who just pop up from no where, hehehe. They just show up with their body part already scanned without any explanation.

Seriously, if I'm not mistakenly or maybe I'm being delusional, but I think Dreamwave Comic once tried to come up with a reason. Not sure which series or maybe just internet talks, but it stated that Magnus was heavily injured in some battles and need a life support to stay active. That life support later became his battle armor/ trailer.

3. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

So he's like Darth Magnus.

4. vidmouse

vidmouse Well-Known Member

lol... Darth Magnus

5. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    I think he like motormaster in g1. But I like the idea of him being Magnus the turns into ultra Magnus when he earns the city commander trailer.

6. Kalel

Kalel C-Mac

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    HAHA Nice!

7. REMINATOR

News Credits:
    LOL, if he's, I would like him to repaint as this to earn the name Darth Magnus or EVil Magnus, hehe:
    [​IMG]

8. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I was hoping they might do something along those lines with a critically injured Optimus in BayFormers, where he's coated in white nano-repair paint and then has to recover in a transforming medical body rig that looks somewhat like Ultra Magnus.

I imagine many people that saw the original Ultra Magnus toy assumed when Optimus died he was brought back in this new form, especially when some of the 1986 movie trailers were shouting 'Will Optimus Prime die??" (or something to that effect).
    At least they got to ape the white inner Magnus with Optimus in 'Return of Optimus Prime'.

9. REMINATOR

News Credits:
    Personally, that would've worked better after all Megatron got turned into Galvatron why can't Prime? Of course he wouldn't be in that red,white,blue UMagnus color but in Powered Convoy colors! Then kids wouldn't be crying in the movie threater and everyone would be happy. Also, no one can blame Hot Rod now, eheh.

10. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

I like going with the idea that Magnus was built as a back-up Matrix support system, in case anything happened to Optimus Prime. However, being designed to house the Matrix and then not having it in his body makes him function at less than optimal capacity so he needs a power armor to augment his strength.

11. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

Or every bot that shares the Optimus chassis comes with that battle armor and Optimus just refused to use it. That way Ultra Magnus, Piss Magnus and Powered Convoy can retain their uniqueness. And Prime's strength of will is the reason he both is the leader and refuses the armor.