An Epic thanks to an Epic Deed.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gnaw, Dec 5, 2007.

1. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

Recently, I have been touched by the actions of a TFW2005 Member and Supporter that I must bring to the publics attention.

But first, we must go back in time...back in time...in time *flashback*

A long time ago, I placed a pre-order on both Nike Free Transformers (Megs and Convoy) at Ages 3 and Up. These weren't coming out for a good month, so I placed them to the back of mind and continued living.

Fast forward a few months, the "Shoeformers" have been released and people who ordered from BBTS were getting some of their orders. I figured "Hey, maybe mine are in/ have been shipped already". To my disappoint (following an email to Spencer), turns out that not only did they not receive their order, but they won't be getting them at ALL. So, I'm like "Shit, no Shoeformers for me....fuck...well that was a giant waste of time, money and hoping". So I get a refund from Spencer and a discount off my next purchase for being patient and understanding. With it, I buy some MG Gundam models and went on with my life.

Fast forward to yesterday, when I get a package in the mail from A3&U. Of course my first instinct is "WTF did I buy that I've forgotten? Did he charge me for something I didn't buy? etc etc". But when I open the box, to my surprise ......

[​IMG]

SHOE FORMERS!!!

I'm the happiest camper in the entire park!

All I have to say is : THANK YOU SPENCER!

Just goes to show what dedication this guy has to providing his customers with the best service!

Here's to Spencer! and hoping this wasn't some sort of mistake or shipping error, where I'll have to return them :D 

Never shopped there before? Here's the link : http://www.agesthreeandup.com

They're also in the Sponsor List at the left of your screen.

- Paul H.

2. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    that good deed is most epic indeed. way! *air guitars*

3. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

That's really awesome of him to do for you. I've also heard good things about those versions of the Sports Label TFs as compared to the originals.

4. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

They aren't originals?

5. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

I didn't know if you knew it or not, and didn't want to piss you off by saying it blatantly if the latter was true... but pretty much, yeah. I noticed a couple of things that were wrong immediately, like the white characters on the edge of the front of the box, the lack of any TakaraTomy markings, and even the absence of the "Transformers: Sports Label" logo in English on the inside panel you've shown off there.

These aren't as bad as the numerous other SL KOs, and it even tried to emulate the original packaging, so they're still cool consolation prizes. The originals go for over $100 each on eBay, even the Marine Convoy at $70... I don't think Spencer could just find two originals easily and ship them to you free without taking a serious hit.

6. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So you got them for free? Oh man wait till Spencer sees this.

7. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

I figured they weren't originals, but the quality of the box made me doubt it. No Takara marks, so they are KO's. Oh well, they're free :D 

I hope it was a gift. If not, I'll gladly ship them back.

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I want them.

9. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

can you fit your feet in them?

10. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

They're surprisingly super duper small. I was thinking they'd be actual shoe size.

11. agesthreeandup

agesthreeandup Energon Supplier

News Credits:
    Actually everyone who ordered the shoes from me and did not get anything are getting these in the mail. The are indeed KOs but they are very good quality KOs. The box is just about identical but there are a few differences in the figures themselves. You can see more here: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=157691&highlight=nike where I did a pictoral review of these a few weeks ago.

I felt horrible about not being able to fill orders for people on these and so when I could not get them, I sourced out the KO versions, which there are several different versions. I went with the best sets I could find and bought enough of them to cover all the preorders that were made. I sent them all out free of charge last week so everyone who ordered them from me should be getting them very soon if they have not yet.

Thanks for the kind words. I just know how dissapointed I was when I did not get them and I hate that dissapointment traveling down to my customers as well.

Thanks.

Spencer.

12. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I saw the shoebots at botcon and they're itty-bitty. But cool.

Respect, Spencer. That was a classy move for your customers.

13. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    That's awesome. I have done business with you before Spencer, and stuff like this just makes me want to do business again even more. Congrats to those who got these and kudos to Spencer.

14. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah, Spencer is Aces. I had a problem my very first time buying from A3up, but it was minor and got resolved appropriately, and the circumstances were VERY unusual. I have ordered and will order from them again, and I have alot of respect as well for Spencers willingness to communicate openly. I wish you the best.

A3andup and BBTS are the only online stores I really bother with...