an elseworlds take idea omega prime

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by GENOZAUR, Nov 14, 2007.

1. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

people i have been giving this a bit of thought lately.

how would it go over with the fanbase if idw explored an eleworlds trilogy in which optimus prime and megatron fought alonside one another as allies for the greater good against the greater true original evil in which the story for the first part ended with optimus making the ultimate sacrifice for their people.

while the second book would begin with optimus being on his death bed with the matrix being passed to megatron due solely to the facts that A there was no other surviving autobot at the time that posessed the neccesary traits to make that autobot suitable for the role of leadership and B also due to the fact that the matrix actually accepts megatron as being the next one worthy cybertronion to bear the matrix.

as for megatrons new name i would think that omega prime would be all to fitting a name to give him

with book 2 revealing that due to optimus existing in the role of a disimbodied spiritual advisor to megatron the general affect would be that it would have a calming tempering affect on megatron's more volatile character traits

in short people it being a case of the sympathetic antihero made good.

with book 3 revealing that as megatron continued to live his life as the current prime that megatron would draw further inspiration from looking back on the past as a historian in the role of the warrior turned peacekeeper who could truly see and guide soceity through a thorough amalgam of both societies social views, moral beliefs, and political idealogies and in doing so unite and lead his fellow people into a new era of peace and prosperity which itself would be set in the pre beast wars timeframe.

an era in which corruption in the cybertronion government has slowly but surely set in and destroyed that peaceful world in which omega prime finds himself gaining a new enemy in the predacon megatron with the final book ending with omega prime resigning himself to the fact that he must once more become a man of war and over time would, for all intents and purposes see him go on to become a version of optimus primal.

basicly people this whole storyline idea is a transformer take on agent bishop's character when it comes to the lasting change of heart he went through in the time between tmnt and fas forward

what are your thoughts?

2. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

My thoughts? I think you had way too much caffeine. Having Megatron be the next Prime? I don't think so.

3. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

Is your next idea how Frodo gives the ring to Sauron and he becomes a little armored Hobbit? :) 

4. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

It'd be an interesting fan-fiction, and unlike the unimaginative posts before mine, I'd read it with intrigue.

5. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    I think it would kill the Megatron's escence to turn him into a Prime and a peace keeper, and Omega Prime becoming Optimus Primal? Honestly, I'll pass...

6. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

Read harder.

7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    It's not a bad idea for a storyline, actually. You could almost see this as an extension of Generation 2 in your book 1 - by the end of G2, Optimus and Megatron were working together against the greater evil. Entirely reasonable that Megatron could be chosen by the Matrix, I do like this idea. Nice parallel with Agent Bishop too.

8. Revolution

Revolution Well-Known Member

I think Elseworlds Transformers would be a great thing for DW....err...i mean...IDW to publish.

i'd buy it....

9. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

the way i have come to understand megatron overthe years is this people

at his core megatron is a warrior at heart granted one who in the beginning went from being a selfless martyr for his oppressed people to being at worst a tyrannical murderous power hungry warlord but along the way he has proven over time that he is also in some part the sympathetic anti hero in addition to also being the honor bound warrior at heart when it comes to the fact that at times he has choosen to spare optimus his life

that scene from stormbringer the one where megatron is attempting to talk sound and logical sense to optimus after the fall of thunderwing instead of simply shoot him in the back and killing him instead being on of just a large number of examples

his giving his life for the greater good in alignhment as he died fighting the leige maximo being another such example

so yeah megatron does have that character potential to give his life in the end for a the greater good.

armada/energon megatron also being a good example when it comes to how for a time he accepted his fate in the end.

10. aey103

aey103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Interesting idea. Question though, which I could have read through the answer but would Megatron and Prime have started as foes before teaming to join forces. If they were foes then I see it too far of a stretch for some. If they initially were allies a bit easier to swallow. One could continue with Megatron being a "good guy" or could go with Megatron being corrupted by obtaining the power of the Matrix and becoming a "bad guy." The bad guy path I see Megatron taking the name Megatron upon receipt of the Matrix though.

11. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

th idea i am going with is that they are enemies by society as opposed to being enemies by personel differances.

optimus making megatron recognize the greater threat in unicron and making the ultimate sacrifice for their people being the event that would cause megatron to question what he originally believed to be the so called truth when it comes to the autobots in general and megatron taking it upon himself to learn over time the original whole truth, as it pertains to the autobots, as opposed to his going by the biased slanted partial lie version of the truth that his superiors and soceity expected him to believe

basicly in the time leading up to the war against unicron optimus prime would be in armada starscreams role when it comes to how starscream met his end in armada

12. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I can look past whats been established as the 'norm' so hell yeah I'd read it.