An ebay seller transfan_76....

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Razorclaw, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

2. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    he won it on september 28 and today is Oktober 16. If he is like you and live in Serbia. it could well sometimes take over 2 weeks if it ws sent priority mail. Express mail is faster but yet more epxpensiv.

give it another week and then email the seller if he has a trackingnumber.

To SwedenPriority mail is about 10-15 days. Express mail 3-6

3. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    Yea give it some more days. I'm still awaiting a package that presumeably should have been shipped sep.17th. but nothing appears on the tracking number. I'll give it till monday then I'll file a claim.

4. neuroticaa

neuroticaa Active Member

Ebay:
    Like the other said, wait.
    But I can say that I have bought from this seller and he is good, packing his Tfs well, and the shipping is taking a little longer to Europe so that is something you have to accept :) 
    Bought a blaster insert from him in perfect shape, good seller!

5. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    I have seen the seller before but never purchased anything.

6. Razorclaw

Thaaanks for info!

Anyway, my friend sent him a messagge 2 days back, asking about the tracking number, and the seller hasn't replied to it.

7. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

I've seen him about on the boards (seems likely it's the same guy), and I believe he's been around recently. Might be worth trying a PM, to check if it's him and see if it has any more luck getting through to him.

8. Razorclaw

Thanx for the info.

9. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    not the same guy.

the ebay seller is in the US, you should give them 2 weeks or more to receive your item. Also consider this week's holiday, that always screws up the mail system.

Seller = Delaware, USA
    Buyer = Serbia

Even if shipped the day it was paid for (which isn't even a requirement) shipping to Serbia should take a good 3+ weeks. Serbia (and many other countries) have strict customs set up before allowing packages to enter/leave.

Things I buy from Canada and China take sometimes 5 weeks to get here. Something to consider when using ebay I think

Last edited: Oct 16, 2008
  10. mecha

mecha Banned

This is why i do not sell on ebay anymore.....tired of the countless emails..."hey it has been 4 days...where is my stuff?"

especially from international buyers....got tired of the amount of BS involved to make a couple of bucks and get rid of some TF's...once the economy gets it's ass back on it's feet then i probably will eventually might sell again on the bay....

11. Razorclaw

I know that overseas shipping takes time. Still, when you have last 5 shipments arrive in less than 2 weeks, you get a little antsy when it takes longer for the next shipment to arrive. I told my friend from the start to expect the package to arrive in 2-3 weeks. My friend was just anxious because he didn't receive his tracking number.

12. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:

The seller isn't required when to send your item unless he specified when he will. It is possible to send an item 30 days after payment is received, from what I've experienced. Sellers also aren't required to provide shipping numbers, unless you've opt'd for a confirmation or insurance or "extra" feature with shipping. Most things I buy are confirmed by a message saying "yeah, I sent it"
    if it goes into a claim, the best ebay can do is tell you to only bid on auctions that supply confirmations.

I sent a custom to Spain the day it was paid for. Buyer didn't get it until 7 weeks later, because it sat at Spain's customs.

I've received items from china/japan faster than items from the next state over. Like the other guy said, this is the way ebay works. If it's not fast enough for you, go to a local store maybe...

13. Razorclaw

Me again, with the same issue. I just wanted to know what are the options available for my friend. It's almost 3 weeks since the Transfan76 said he sent the items, and still nothing.

After 3 weeks what should my friend do? If the whole deal is a scam, how will he be able to get his money back? The payment was sent by credit card through Paypal.
    I know someone will say that it is too early for worrying, but Paypal gives 4 weeks for disputes, right?

So basicly, I'm asking, is what should we do, and when to start doing it?

14. Da_Last_2_Walk

Da_Last_2_Walk Da King Of Pre Rubs TFW2005 Supporter

You can open a paypal dispute within 45 days of payment, to get things moving. The seller will then have 20 days to respond, or it can be escalated to a claim.

15. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Open a dispute for it if you are worried.
    The seller is required to provide tracking or del con on his end or he will lose.

At least it will be in process when the 45 days pass so he will/should be safe.

16. all are dead

all are dead Being a nerd is my game.

News Credits:
    i stopped buying off ebay probably for about a year since mabye 2 years ago i bought a g1 magnus off of the guy named fort maxatron i think it was.... and he gave me every excuise and said he could give me a refund in april of the next year! and it was before x-mas that year mabye late november of 06 and he that and now he is not a regestered seller.

17. mecha

mecha Banned

yeah but you live on the other side of planet earth from the seller...it is not like it will be there post haste on a magic carpet....i sent a dinobot to th netherlands once and it took 7 weeks to get there...this was with air parcel post...so it just takes time....wait or file a paypal claim..if you did not pay with paypal then you are probably shit outta luck...