An easy way to get a t-cog

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by LordShockwave, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    It's a simple question of ethics in (fictional space robot toy) war; harvesting organs just isn't cool, whether they be organs or organ analogues what the fuck EVER; point remains it is a frowned upon practice. There is no need to look deeper into it, mah brotha

We have awful wars in real life too but we still have war crimes and punishment of them for things and/or people that break generally agreed upon precedents for warfare. I assume the Autobots and Decepticons have the same kinda deal, I know the IDW ones do with the Tyrest Accord and shit.

2. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Even Ratchet said "Megatron wouldn't be so ghoulish," when they were pondering who might have taken Bumblebee's T-cog. The Autobots and Decepticons don't do that--what you're suggesting goes against everything our super heroic Autobots would ever do.
    What Zombies? They're gone, and haven't been seen since they were destroyed on Earth and in the Spacebridge.

Zombies being dead and all most likely have dead organs. We don't see zombies transforming, but doing what zombies do really.

You make the Autobots sound like murders up there, which they clearly aren't. The are at war, the same is true for the Decepticons--we don't see them going around killing random humans do we? No, we don't.

So far we've witnessed the Autobots kill to defend and the Decepticons kill for the mission, save for Starscream's first onscreen kill.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    But here's the thing: It's a fucking cartoon about space robots.

To be fair, the first batch of Megatron's zombies were shown to still be at the sight where he first used dark energon.

But yeah, zombie parts would be worthless.

4. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    What pertinence does that hold, exactly? The comics go waaaay in depth about ethics and junk and they're still just comics about space robots.

I'm not sure I'm gettin ya here

5. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    The thing is, this should be a super easy problem to solve, but they create an ethical block to stop them from taking the logical rute.

Now if the episode was about the the ethics of it, that'd be one thing, but it's not. The ethical problem exists as an excuse, not as the central problem itself. That's what bugs me. If you're going to bring in fake robot morals let that be the explored upon subject. Don't just introduce it as an excuse and then expect us to accept it.

6. aimop95

aimop95 Aimoperative

War is nasty, but you seem to think OP is you and shares your sentiments. If the one thing the bay movies got right, was Optimus Prime really never could make the hard decisions. He values what he fights for too much, if he didn't, then this show would be over really quickly, and the autobots would be just like the decepticons. The end doesn't justify the means.

As for rock bottom, Arcee was all for it, but the Autobots care too much about their leaders approval to actually do anything.

Do you seriously believe that if you were chosen as a writer for this show, and chosen to write OPs role, that OP would be the same iconic Autobot fans have recognized for years? Not some desperate exile killing and cannibalizing body parts so that his team stays alive?

7. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah, I see where you're coming from. Still, I think you should take my approach to weird idiosyncrasies and inconsistencies in this show: laught at them MST3K style while I watch the episode and never get into lengthy debates about them with people who care faaaaaaar too much about explaining/defending them

8. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Regarding the whole war ethics crap, remember this?
    [​IMG]

9. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    And remember when we thought it was fucking awesome

10. aimop95

aimop95 Aimoperative

Do you watch this show for the action? or because the fact is that these are not "robots" but mechanical shap-shifters. Seriously, you make transformers sound like the droids that are tortured in Star wars the clone wars. Which frankly I don't understand, considering that they shouldn't even have pain receptors.

11. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    But she apparently didn't care when she knocked him off life support.

So you're asking me to choose between a conflicted, morally tested Optimus who lives each day questioning if what he's doing is right in the grand scheme, or the same bland, characterless "always do good and eat your greens" Optimus we've been force-fed since the 80's?

I watch the show for the robots is disguise. And yes for the action.

I don't watch it to be bored out of my skull with tired plots elements and easily fixed problems that are drawn out for no good reason.

I still think it's fucking awesome.

12. DarkRobin

DarkRobin Well-Known Member

Other than the morality issues, maybe not all T-cogs are compatible with all Cybertronians. Just like not all human organs are compatible to all humans. But they never explained if there were questions of compatibility with donating Ratchet's T-cog to Bumblebee, so maybe this is none.

Still, they are mixing organic and machinery so....

13. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    The mixing of biological and mechanical terms in this show is ruining it for me. You can't just mix them and expect it to make sense. Robots losing parts and having to chase eachother to get them back should be funny, not taken serious. How much better would Beast Wars be if they analysed Waspinator getting blown to pieces and presented it straight-faced as some harsh, brutal act of war? This show has no idea how to use the concept of robots to it's advantage.

14. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Um, we don't harvest the organs of dead enemy soldiers in our world even though we could. Why would the Autobots? People are just thinking about this too much as machinery instead of biology. It would be wrong to take the kidney of a enemy soldier and it would be wrong for the Autobots to do it too.

Now the Cons I could see doing that without hesitation. In fact that's what I suspect Screamer will do.

15. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    It's almost like they're machines or something.

16. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why?

I seriously don't understand it. Using a part from a dead enemy for the good of protecting an entire planet is wrong? How? Like I said before, if I was in a 5 person team against a countless number of enemies, I wouldn't resist to take a kidney from an enemy's body if it meant I could actually fight. I just find it ridiculous how nobody cares that these guys get viciously killed, but as soon as you're taking an "organ" from them, it's beyond all bounds.

17. DarkRobin

DarkRobin Well-Known Member

The thing is, Autobots and Decepticons, all Transformers ARE machines...

Maybe biologically based as the series suggests, but still machines.

18. Plainsjumper

Plainsjumper Well-Known Member

It's a War. Combatants get killed.

But that doesn't mean you can take a combatants organs, even after their dead.

Check out the Geneva Convention for some moral examples. Desecrating bodies I'm sure is outlawed by that.

19. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Most of humanity would disagree with you and put you on trial after the war was over.

20. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good thing they have no "humanity" that would put them on trial.