An Early Christmas Gift.....

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Sound Blaster, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Sound Blaster

Sound Blaster Shattered Glass World

I was driving by my local thrift store and thought what the hell so I stopped in and I found a G2 Slag complete except the weapons in a bag with about 10 more toys for $2.99 and after the 25% saving the total came up to $2.41 so I got this guy for a whole $0.24!!!!!

I think this is the deal of a lifetime!

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• slag.jpg
      slag.jpg
      File size:
      218.9 KB
      Views:
  2. mykticon

mykticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Congrats! I love my thrift stores, my best find was a Hardhead with head for $0.99! Then another time I found a clean Sandstorm for $0.50! They are very hit and miss, but when they hit, they hit nicely!

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Congratulations. Closest thing I've ever found in any of the thrift stores anywhere near me has been some old Power Rangers stuff that almost looked like it could have somehow been related to Transformers.

4. Sound Blaster

Well I should go tp this store more often because they had a beat up G1 Galvatron about 6 months ago for $2 (I don't know if he worked) I passed on that one.....:banghead: 

5. Sound Blaster

Has anyone else had such luck like this?

6. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Great find! I found an Alt Sideswipe for 1.99 at Value Village and had a friend with me that got a discount cuz she worked there. He was missing a door and his gun but for an Alt basher like me it was perfect

7. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Congrats on everybody's cool finds!! :thumbs2: 
    Not TF related, but I collect HotWheels as well and found some nice vintage Hotwheels referred to as Redlines, because of the redline on the wheels. I got about a dozen for 2 bucks! They are worth about 15-20 apiece! Value notwithstanding, about half were castings I love and collect! So big score!

8. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:

When I was 12 (16 years ago), I went to a local thrift store and found the Darth Vader carrying case ( the one that fits like a dozen original star wars characters) for $10. I went ahead and bought, cause I had seen similar items for $30 at the collectables stores. When I arrived home, I opened it (I had left it closed the whole time) and found that it was full of 13 original starwars figures and 2 GI Joes! I had some bounty hunters, emperial officers and cloud city officers, obiwon, and some droids.

9. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    That is really cool

10. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

It looks like Slag is taking a poop!

I found my G1 Slag for $5. I've made various thrift store purchases that were nice: original Star Wars AT-AT walker for $2, Ecto-1 for 50 cents, Leader Movie Megatron for $2, G1 Camshaft for 50 cents, various He-Man figures for 50 cents apiece, re-issue Skeletor MISB for $9.99 (at Wal-Mart actually), a top-loader NES with 2 games mint with box and manuals for $5.

Good deals happen when you keep your eyes open!

11. Sound Blaster

:lol  Well if you had been locked up in a bag for awhile I'd be the same way...:eek:  And cool finds! I wish I would have found some more (Maybe soon)