An awesome mp-03 discovery!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by cuad, Jan 8, 2007.

1. cuad

cuad VOK EMISSARY

News Credits:
    Well I am a bit unhappy with what became mp03, just a bit. Colors bla bla bla.... Something i didn't like was that mine had some balance trouble. I blamed those wobbly legs. Today, while I was imagining kitbashing possibilities for SS I looked at his legs and I had an Idea. Here is the result.

Before
    [​IMG]

After
    [​IMG]

Its really simple. Since the knee is double jointed.. you move the bottom joint back and straighten the leg out. That help some, but it doesnt really stop the wobbling so I took it a step further. I just pushed the leg down, it doesnt fall in because the front of the knee stops it so no worries. Lots of the wobbling was gone on mine! I am really happy, too bad he had to lose some height!

Sorry if this has been brought up before....

2. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    Hmm. May have to try that, because mine is wobbly too. However, the double jointing helps in to stand better. Shortening his legs like that would probably negate that double jointing, correct? Hyper-extending the knees a little and bending the thighs back a bit helps to put the legs under his center of gravity and helps the balance issues in bot mode... that may be worth the little annoying wobbliness.

3. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

I'll have to try that, too. I'm tired of displaying mine on that display stand it comes with, and the one time I had it free-standing, I bumped my computer desk and down it came. I was so afraid I'd break it continuing to display it like that, I put it back on the stand where it's been ever since.

4. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

Cool, will have to try that, however I will probably just keep it on the stand.

5. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    Mine's hovering on his stand right now, but that's a good thing to know. Thanks! ^_^

6. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Nice I will take a note on this. I keep my SS on hi stand like he is hovering in a intimidating manner.
    [​IMG]