An appeal to our Canadian friends

Discussion in 'Wanted Items' started by Boy Blunder, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

This is probably more fit for the B/S/T board, but I feel it would get more exposure (and response) here.

I would like to propose that this thread be a meeting ground for those of us in the states (and possibly elsewhere) and those of us in Canada (and, again, possibly elsewhere) to convene for the purpose of acquiring the various TF Prime FE figures. If you have any you're willing to sell, or are in a position to purchase some for the sake of selling to fellow board members, please leave a message here, with the items (and quantity thereof) you are able to sell/trade.

Regardless of all the factors that come into play regarding the state of the FE line, the fact of the matter stands that there are board members who have access to some of the toys, and board members who do not. Among those who don't, there are plenty who are willing to go through the motions to buy from fellow board members, in order to A) guarantee they get the item, as opposed to bidding on eBay, and B) purchase from a trustworthy source.

If you're in the camp of those that don't have access, you can also help by listing which figures you're looking to purchase - that way, prospective sellers can compare what you want to what they have, and respond directly to you as they see fit.

I'll start -

LOOKING TO BUY
    1x FE Cliffjumper
    1x FE Optimus Prime (Voyager)
    1x FE Bulkhead
    1x FE Starscream

2. Yaujta

Yaujta De-Headmasterizator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Voyagers Prime and Bulkhead for me, please. No interest in the deluxes, so these two would make me a happy collector.

3. Axel990

Axel990 Lord of Unicorns

News Credits:
    Save a FE Voyager Optimus Prime for me, please! He is a shining star compared to the bleak design of RID...

I must have this Optimus!

4. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    To add to this thread, can anyone tell me the state of the FE in Windsor? If I have to I might pop over there but I don't want to unless I know it won't be in-vain.

5. Hal7300

Hal7300 Wrecker

FE Bulkhead, please.

6. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    This sounds like a great idea.

I'd just like remind all our American neighbors, in Canada Voyagers cost $29.99 and Deluxes are $16.99. Then add in anywhere from 7% to 15% tax (depending on the Province the items were purchased in). So before any shipping is added, Voyagers will be in the $35 range while deluxes are around $20 as the initial purchase cost. Meanwhile, shipping can be in the $15 to $20 range for just one figure or maybe 1 voyager and 1 deluxe MISB/MOSC, obviously more if more figures are purchased. So before anyone is called scalper upon, the cost to any Canadian willing to help out could be in the $40 to $55 range for just one figure.

7. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

I created this thread fully understanding the price difference and international shipping costs. At the end of the day it is up to the buyer if they're willing to pay that, and I assume that any buyer and seller who make arrangements will commit to the transaction in full.

But I also see this as being a more appealing option than trawling eBay.

8. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    Oh totally, just wanted to make it clear to anyone that wants to participate in this what they are looking at in regards to cost. I've helped out a few members here, while other members, once they found out the price, decided to bow out, which is perfectly understandeable.

9. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    probably still cheaper than the prices on ebay right now.

10. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm looking for one of each.

11. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    I'm looking for a FE Bulkhead myself. I'm willing to go up to 50 shipped for it. Based upon Sy-Rein I think it's a reasonable cost for it considering the Takara one is going for about that.

12. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I posted this in the sticky thread in the sales forum.

13. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    The figures I am interested in are:
    FE Prime
    FE Bulkhead
    FE Cliffjumper

14. JS_Prime

JS_Prime Unamused

Me wants FE Bulkhead please. :) 

15. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    i want them all (expect bee, who i already have)

i have a canadian friend on youtube, but he cant send them to me due to shipping cost

16. Destron23

Destron23 Vehicon

I'm assuming you're refering to Windsor Ontario, don't think there's any other Windsor LOL. The last time I checked, Toys R Us Express in Tecumseh mall had all the FE deluxes and the main Toys R Us had the first 3 deluxes. The main TRU had the voyagers too, but that was a slight bit before Christmas. Hope this helps. :) 

17. Arkitect76

Arkitect76 Fanaticon

News Credits:
    I would like a FE Optimus and FE Bulkhead....but would just settle for 2 Optimus Primes if Bulkhead is hard to find....OP's my favorite character of all time and it sucks that Hasbro has played out their loyal fans in that manner...if anyone can help out, please let me know and thanks in advance....enjoy your evening

18. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Great info, but unfortunately you know that the "S" word is still going to get thrown around a bit.

Besides, I was under the impression that even though Canada has them, distribution was still shoddy, not like they're everywhere in great numbers or anything.

Finally, factoring in the higher cost and shipping, they end up practically being the same price as the Takara versions...why not get those, since they're still readily available?

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  19. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    It has been shoddy, but worse is that since the news broke yesterday our stores have been getting WIPED out. My local TRU went from "fully stocked except Bulkhead" last night to "nothing but a couple BB" by noon today. While some of this is fans and folks helping US fans, I gotta think most of it is the S word.

20. Tracer

Tracer _

News Credits:
    Interested in 1x FE Cliffjumper