an american honor killing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GENOZAUR, Mar 1, 2011.

1. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

Arizona: Why an Iraqi Woman Fell Victim to Honor Killing - TIME
    right now i am so mad i could spit

i hope the guy gets gang raped in prison and gets his stomac h gutted with a knife

to be honest the only suitable punishment i can think of for the sick murderer is for him to be senteneced to death by being oh so slowly lowered feet first into a vat of molten metal in the most torturous manner possible

2. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Of course, this is totally, undeniably, completely the right forum for this. :lol  j/k EDIT: Kind of redundant now, this sentence.

Anyways, i got no real opinion on the matter. I disagree with the molten metal vat punishment, though. The instant he touched the metal, the pain would likely render him unconscious anyway, rendering the torture kinda ineffective.

Again, no real opinion. I'm staying out of this.

3. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Moved.

4. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My sister used to work in a school with a large immigrant population. The threat of honour killings was so high that the police would give out a phone number that girls could call. A gruff and angry man would answer the phone, and only if the person asked the right questions would the police officer reveal his identity (so if a jealous/paranoid male relative looks through the girl's phone and calls the number she won't get in the shit). Girls could then turn up to school next day and social services would relocate them. Turns out Cambridge has a dark side after all!

5. Trenner Dios

Trenner Dios Humility > Huge Ego

Killing your daughter and going to prison is so much more honorable than the idea of her having free will. IMO, just because it's your "custom", doesn't make it right. Honor killing goes right into the "stupid, horrible customs" category along with female circumcision.

6. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

by that same line of logic and thought on the matter the girls boyfriend should have every right to personally sentence to death and kill the son of a bitch father

if the honor killing crap can work one wzy then it can work both ways as a way for the girls boyfriend to mock and humiliate and twist the fathers cultural beliefs against him

7. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

somebody ought to castrate that fucker and run him through with a shiv like a pig on a spit

8. ArmadaJetfire

ArmadaJetfire <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

I just cant fathom how you can justify killing your own child because she doesnt listen to you.

9. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

because the guy was a ignorent fucktard bitch

10. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Well, I'm glad to see that the OP apparently cares about more than just humping dogs.

11. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    A lot of rage for an "animal lover", indeed. RAGE RARRGGGGGG SHIV PIG SPIT FUCKER CASTRATE ETC ETC RARRRGGGG!

Calm down. That amount of vitriol over strangers is not healthy.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  12. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Internet justice is indeed hardcore.

I guess the OP is "for" Capital Punishment?

13. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Because it's a very backward way of thinking that blood cleanses everything.

14. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  15. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Why all the rage, Geno? You find out one of your great grandparents is Iraqi and feel guilty?

This is a shitty situation, and certainly something we don't like to hear about happening in North America (or the rest of the world, frankly), but you seem really into this.

The real question remains though, how could this have been prevented, and what can be done to prevent similar acts in the future. The convicted didn't have a history of violence (or so it would seem in the article), and although the "adoptive" family could have possibly taken out some form of restraining order after threats were made (though they were vague and seem to have happened only once, possibly not enough to get an order), would that have prevented this event, where neither party had foreknowledge of being in the same place at the same time, and it doesn't seem the crime was premeditated (however heinous it was anyway).

The article paints entire immigrant communities and countries with a pretty broad and troubling brush as well. It seems to imply everyone from these backgrounds is fervently resisting assimiliation into american culture, which is odd, given that 2/3 people in the story seemed pretty westernized in the way they conducted themselves and even the father is described as embracing the american lifestyle. Certainly this is a problem globally (and even in the united states, however rare it is there), but it's important to think about how to address what is often a complicated issue rather than just demonizing an entire community.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  16. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    But, but that's so much easier, and requires way less thought!

17. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Yup. I agree.

Enrollment into diversity sensitivity training.

18. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

Please stop acting so butthurt about something that barely involves you. Yeah, he did a bad thing. Not an excuse for you to explode at a stranger and start talking about acts of violence that he doesn't deserve. It doesn't help your already trashy reputation.
    As for the actual crime, I find it hilarious that they're called "Honor Killings" when they do just the opposite for your family.

19. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

It may have happened in America, but it ain't American - it has nothing to do with American culture, values, or beliefs. I think that's a fairly important distinction to make given the wording of the thread topic.

20. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure all parties involved were American citizens at the time, actually.

And how does something like this have nothing to do with american culture, values or beliefs when they're at the heart of the issue, along with their disconnection to the apparent values of the convicted? Saying "not our problem" to something happening in America, however rare it may be, doesn't create positive change.