An amazing birthday present

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Anguirus, May 23, 2010.

1. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Last month I stumbled across Peaugh’s review for iGear’s “Faith Leader” mini version of MP Optimus Prime. I pretty much fell in love, and the pictures were also lust-worthy. In fact, I promptly informed my girlfriend, who is also a Transformers enthusiast, and told her that I was thinking about getting it from edbomber, as a birthday present to myself.

It was at this point that she decided that SHE wanted to get it for me as a present. But she ran into two obstacles: money, and not knowing how to contact edbomber. She solved those problems by talking to another collector friend of mine, who went in halfsies with her on the gift and could plausibly be looking for the figure for himself. So my friend contacts me asking for edbomber’s info, which I gave to him. Then my girlfriend contacts edbomber and tells him that she wants to buy me the toy, and to keep her informed on whether I was buying it or not! I elected not to, which edbomber relayed to her, and they bought the figure.

My girlfriend lives several states away, but she came to live with me for the summer a week after my birthday. In order to pull this off, she enlisted my roommate into the conspiracy. Again, she ran into problems: I get the mail at our apartment, and she didn’t know how to contact my roommate. So she asks me to tell him to check his Facebook and friend her…I assumed she was just sick of waiting for him to check his Facebook. So she got him to agree to hide the package in his room till she got there. Then, she asked edbomber to use his name instead of his website’s name on the package. So that also flew under my radar.

Thus it came to pass that on my girlfriend’s first night in the apartment, they pulled a Faith Leader out of my roommate’s room…my girlfriend, her mother, my roommate, and his girlfriend, ALL of whom were in on this little caper.

It’s an awesome toy, but it’s an even better story. And even better friends!

I love my girlfriend. :D 

P.S. I wound up getting that birthday present to myself before I knew about this…an Ultra Magnus with City Commander armor. These guys look amazing together (pics later. Pics of just Faith are in the "cool stuff" thread.).

[​IMG]

2. edbomber

edbomber Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Awesome story =) funny that i only saw this today =P

3. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

awesome!

4. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cool story dude & 'gratz on tat haul too.

I never get any TFs from my wife, even on my b'days. period.

5. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

we got dooped! Look at the date! HAHA! Ed, your late as hell dude!

6. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ha ha nvm better late than never! still it's a cool story nonetheless. :wink: 

7. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    its just funny that noone actually responded to this at all till today!

8. katch26

katch26 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Lol poor guy

9. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow, I had no idea this thread got revived.

That picture used to be pretty muck my whole Classics collection. It's 10x the size now easily. :lol