An ALT Dodge Ram Question...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Razerwire, Jul 21, 2006.

1. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    As I was falling asleep last night with visions of grandeur of holding my N. Prime in my hands soon, I came to realize a question which I didn't think about before...

The current trend of Alternators is to have one mold, one remold, and one repaint correct??? The only exception is the Corvette mold thus far where it's mold, remold and slight remold...

So I thought, we have the Ram mold with OP... We have the repaint with NP... What can the remold be if there will be a remold instead of another straight repaint???

I ask this because as I look at the Ram, I don't see many options as far as remolding the thing goes...

For the vehicle, what can they to do remold it??? Add a bed cover??? Add a BacPac??? I'm sure they can always slap on a body kit... But the OP and NP have the SRT-10 body kit already on it... Which means for the remold, they'd take off the body kit and spoiler??? That would technically count as a remold... But a first that subtracts instead of adds... Maybe they could make him into a dual or quad cab???

As you can see, the vehicle remold has pretty limited options...

Same with the bot mode... If they don't remold the vechicle, all I can see is a remolded head like Swerve... But it certainly wouldn't be Trailbreaker or Ironhide with the red and black Rams already done... Hoist maybe like the custom we've seen recently???

Ideally, I'd LOVE for them to paint the thing white and have blue Viper stripes and make him into a dual or quad cab and call him Magnus...

But that's it for my ideas... What're some of yours???

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I'd think the hoist way would be be lest costly and easier than a magnus with a quad cab... but that would certainly rock.. they could do a camper shell though, it wouldn't have to be very complicated to maintain the transformation either... I dunno... probably only a new head, but yeah that'd be cool as shit.

3. Razerwire

News Credits:
    That's another issue that I thought of though... If they were to make Magnus with the Viper stripes and all, I don't think it would be wise to throw a camper on that... It'd look... Weird...

4. REDLINE

News Credits:
    oh it would, it'd just be a regular ram with a campershell... not an SRT..

5. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

I think...it doesn't matter, as I wouldn't be able to find it in stores or order it online anyway. :redface2: 

With red/Ironhide and black/Trailbreaker out, the only thing I can come up with that sounds pretty good is silver with a remolded head (maybe some cosmetic alt mode tweaks) as one of the Dinobots whose name isn't Swoop. Sludge maybe?

Although..white/Magnus, tweaks or not, is probably pretty damn likely.

6. Razerwire

News Credits:
    A Dinobot like Sludge would be cool... And that would pave the way for the other three Dinobots...

Right now though, I'm dreaming about Magnus as a white SRT-10 with blue Viper stripes and a bed cover that doubles as a shield in bot mode... I'm wondering if it's possible to get around the rear spoilers though...

7. CooLJoE

CooLJoE New Member

I vote white with blue stripes = magnus. Would only make sense as every other optimus has had a white version that is magnus.

8. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    If another Ram SRT-10 is done, it would likely be done with the only other color besides red or black that it comes in. Silver. Sadly, unless it is a custom paint job, the Dodge Ram SRT-10 only comes in red, black, and silver.

I love the idea of a remolded head, tonneau cover with updated '06 front sytling for a Sludge, or Slag from the Dinobots.

9. REDLINE

News Credits:
    no, you can also get it white with blue race stripes

10. Razerwire

News Credits:
    This is a custom paint job???

[​IMG]

I thought MOPAR did have an official white one with blue Viper stripes???

And after finding this pic which has the bed cover, I want an ALT Magnus even more now...

11. REDLINE

News Credits:
    I remember late last year we talked about a possible magnus from this toy... and I THINK it was either greyryder or gen mag who posted a picture of the same truck as that (different picture, different site) it had a viper, the srt, and some other vehicle all in that same scheme... think its a race paint

12. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

ZANG! Okay, I want that. :p 

13. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    When Hound was turned into Swindle, all the Wrangler got was bigger tires, a shiny brushguard, and a new head.

Why can't something similar be done to the Ram? Make it silver, add a black brushguard, bigger tires, tinted windows, change the head, and voila, Motormaster.

14. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Soundwave. Hi!

15. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Typically, for the most part, Hasbro has gone with OEM direct type items or options. There are exceptions, like with Decepticharge and Wheeljack, though. Wheeljack had "aftermarket" headlights, as was Decepticharge's spoiler (I think).

I'd like to see that truck as Ultra Magnus as well, but I highly doubt it with Wheeljack having the same paint scheme. I suspect any future Ram based Transformers, if there will be any, would be the OEM direct silver paint job and not that sweet looking white Mopar custom.

16. Razerwire

News Credits:
    A silver Motormaster???
    And Dead End and Sunstreaker too right???

17. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

Oooo...Motor master! Why is it that I can't go on here anymore lately without seeing you rubbing my face in the fact that I have yet to acquire an NP, RW? ; )

18. Razerwire

News Credits:
    Because I'm EVERYWHERE!!!:lol 

19. Mr Grimm

Mr Grimm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've got a question about the Ram, not really related to this but I may as well post it here:

What is the point of folding the two spoiler halves in, as shown in the instructions? If I try that they force the tailgate open, making him unsteady on his feet. Am I doing something wrong?

20. Wreckie

Wreckie Holder of the Discomatrix

Ebay:
    Give it Broadblast/Skids head and you've got Ironhide.