An alien offers you telekinesis, teleportation, or telepathy. Which do you choose?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bountyan, Mar 31, 2012.

?

Which psychic power do you choose

1. Telekinesis

44.9%
  2. Teleportation

38.3%
  3. Telepathy

16.8%
  1. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No bad side effects or fatal risks from direct use (you won't die by teleporting into the sky, but you will if you fall to the ground), and you can only choose one.

If you choose teleporting, you can only teleport yourself and things you are wearing/carrying.

2. Autobus Prime

Autobus Prime Transit Former

Hmm, teleportation pretty much has to come with teleport control and remote viewing powers, if the bad side effects are going to be avoided, so it's probably the most BAMF for the buck. :) 

3. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    If 'telepathy' means I can read anyone's mind, then yes, I'll take that.

4. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I dunno, I figure the novelty will wear off. After a while, I wouldn't want to know what people are thinking. Telekinesis would be fun to play with. I'll take that and pretend to be a Jedi :D ...or a Sith.

5. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    Chronicle proved that telekinesis is the best, most practical superpower.

6. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    Telepathy. I'd say telekinesis but I'd want a power nobody would know about, plus telepathy would be very helpful in many everyday life situations.

7. Darkwing48

Darkwing48 Heroic Decepticon

Just saw that a few hours ago. Telekinesis is definitely useful. Teleportation will work well with telepathy, but Telepsthy can drive a person crazy if they can't control it.

8. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Teleportation. It's as close as you can get to flying, which would be my ultimate choice.

Unless by telekinesis, I can lift myself too...

9. Ellamin

Ellamin Heroes protect Freedom! not safety! BAKA!!

News Credits:
    Telekinesis!

10. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I believe you can...kinda like Magneto :) 

11. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I want an alien that will make my lottery ticket a winner.
    No? Then telekinesis. I'm sure I'd be able to make a nice chunk of change with that somehow, too.
    Plus, all the cool Jedi/mutant shenanigans I can get up to.

12. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Honestly, I think this is a really tough question that for me anyway, has no clear cut winner. Telepathy would probably be the hardest to use, but also the easiest to disguise. RibieConvoy brought this up earlier, and I think it speaks pretty well to retaining a power while remaining as a regular person, at least through the eyes of others. If either power was to be discovered, you probably wouldn't make it a month before being captured & used as a weapon, and nobody around you would be safe. Teleportation would probably have the best physical potential, so I think it'd be a battle between that & the mind reading stuff.

Telekinesis is neat as well, but pretty much falls short in that most of what you could do with that power could already be done with tools & machinery, and that's why I wouldn't pick it.

13. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

telepathy - i talk to my sg in my mind

14. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    I'm presuming Telepathy does not come with the ability to send dominant thoughts to others as a form of mind control, it's merely the reading of others minds. If I can practically rewire peoples brains and make them think whatever I want them to, then Telepathy, otherwise Telekinesis is the easy choice for me.

15. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

I rather choose telepathy.

16. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Teleportation would probably be the most fun while Telekinesis would be the most useful.

17. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I chose teleport... you can always piggy back people right?

But now that I think about it Telekinesis would also be awesome... especially since you can levitate yourself AND others...

But with full blown Telepathy you could SAVE THE ENTIRE WORLD. Or destroy it I suppose, whichever takes your fancy...

Wow. Actually I'd like to change my mind... but I don't know what I would want.

18. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Well, I think it's between those two, and I could actually argue that either of em would be the most fun or practical.

I mean, reading minds & being able to uncover buried thoughts could arm you with the knowledge of everyone & anyone around you, not to mention things involving communication with people who speak different languages. Heck, what about animals & other species? Like, you could use this to have an endless advantage for negotiations or games, but I think it could go much deeper than that. Yugioh would be hilariously fun for me if I could read people's minds, but at the same time, this isn't something I'd use very often because I'd still value privacy.

Similarly, being able to transport yourself anywhere (even anywhere you could know about for the sake of not materializing into solid matter or something) would leave distance & physical barriers useless for you. There's the obvious stuff of teleporting to another part of the planet or into a locked room, but you could also transport small things or even other people with you (even if just in a small bubble around your mass). Distance would be next to no object for you, and you could literally become the ultimate hero or danger, depending on what you chose or were forced to do. On the fun side of things, I'd love to be able to launch myself all over the world & be able to escape from harm that I'm aware of, and it'd be cool to teleport to people's houses & buy their toys without paying for shipping. :lol 

... in either case though, I'd need to be painfully careful about who (if anyone) I told about my gifts, since countless fictions have proven these things to be more dangerous than we can often image if the secret was to get out.

19. spikex

spikex Nightbird is my bitch

Teleportation all the way! Hasn't anyone seen Jumper? What you can do with telekinesis and telepathy can also be done with stolen cash! Buy people's minds and buy people to move things for you.

20. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    None of the above. I'm perfect just the way I am.

:lol