AmiAmi: We don't want your money

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Matrix Soul, Mar 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    So I ordered a Ranger Key set from AmiAmi a couple weeks back, and was very excited, it sold out and came back in stock again, so I ordered another set so I can do some custom keys, AmiAmi acknowledged my order, but I got this e-mail from them:

Now I know that on the page it said the purchase limit is 1, but I thought that meant per order, not per customer. While I'm kind of glad that stops the scalpers from hording a stock, but for people who wants more than one to do custom work, it's a no go.

2. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    If it says order limit 1 I would assume its 1 per customer (otherwise you can just make multiple seperate orders).

3. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I have to admit, the thread title is very misleading.

4. Matrix Soul

News Credits:
    Hey, I stated in my original post that it's good that they are preventing scalpers from hording stock, and I applaud them for it, but when they are the shop of my choice and I want to spend money there, and they won't let me, they are telling me "we don't want your money" I'm not saying I'll never shop at AmiAmi again, I'm just saying that for people who wants to do custom works and want more than one, better go order elsewhere. So what should be an appropriate title?

"AmiAmi doesn't allow you to buy more than one item, so if you want to do custom work, better secure your stock elsewhere"? If that's better, can a mod please change the title to reflect this?

5. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Knock it off with the trolling and keep this civil.

6. Haloid1177

News Credits:
    Why are you getting so mad about this? I mean, you did say that you liked the fact they were preventing scalpers. But does that mean they should set the order limit to two? Three? Four? I think that for popular items, such as all the Gokaiger stuff right now, that one per customer is right. It means you can get the set you want, and someone else can get there set as well. I understand your displeasure of not being able to order what you want, but if it said it in the fine print, and it helps everyone, why continue to be mad at the company that is doing something that helps everyday collector's battle the evil hives of the scalpers? I think it's awesome, but I didn't try to order something, so my opinion isn't as bias as yours, as I have no ties to the situation itself.

I'm not trying to be a jerk here. I just think that this is an awesome thing for a company to do, since most Gokaiger items are sold out everywhere.

7. GataKiriBaOOO

GataKiriBaOOO Got to Keep it Real

Its cool man. He's just mad that not only one, but two people called him out, and he can't get over that. He wants his Ranger Keys and he's going to stomp and kick until he gets them!

Honestly OP, just give it up and delete the thread.

8. Matrix Soul

News Credits:
    where in my op did I sound like I was mad at AmiAmi? I merely said "but for people who wants more than one to do custom work, it's a no go." Did everyone know this policy from AmiAmi before I posted? Is it a common knowledge, because I sure didn't know that, because if I had I wouldn't have bothered to place an order.

This is a scenario that I'm presenting... When MP Rodimus came out, I saw that the purchase limit is 3, so I ordered one for myself, and for 2 fellow board members, so if for whatever reason, down the line, I wanted to buy another Rodimus from AmiAmi, I can't, because I've hit my purchase limit, so I gotta turn to elsewhere for the Rodimus.

9. Haloid1177

News Credits:
    But don't you think the limit will be lifted once the products become more easily available? I mean, these Gokaiger items are selling ridiculously well right now, so most distributors are just trying to get everybody one of everything they want.

10. Matrix Soul

News Credits:
    I don't know if the limit would be lifted, this is my first encounter with this policy, which is why I'm letting people on the board know.

For your information, I already got my key set, so there would no stomping and kicking, you'll have to stash that attitude of yours and just leave it alone.

11. Haloid1177

News Credits:
    Well, that's understandable. I mean, most of these I have seen are like a limit of five per customer or something, so I understand your shock of being allowed only one.

12. Matrix Soul

News Credits:
    again, I've said it in my post that I had thought the limit was per order, not per customer, but now I know better, I didn't jump all over Roan when he made his post, I wasn't even mad until that jerk started on me.

If he had bothered to read my post, the title won't be so misleading in context.

13. Haloid1177

News Credits:
    Don't feed the trolls.

14. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

I don't know why there are people flaming Matrix over this. Hes just frustrated that he couldnt get what he wanted.

All I can say is that the idea behind the limit was good, but it's execution will undoubtedly hurt some parties. It's just unfortunate that this time it's customisers that are hurt. Oh well.

15. Matrix Soul

News Credits:
    I'm not even frustrated, I'll just look elsewhere, maybe use the gashapon keys instead of the DX keys, but just like when I found out that AmiAmi would black list you if you chronically cancel preorders, I'm letting people know about this new policy I just encountered, no where in my post did I say AmiAmi can go burn in hell or something to that effect.

I know, but I don't know how to put that guy on block/ignore

EDIT: figured out how to work the ignore list! Duh, winning :lol 

16. GataKiriBaOOO

GataKiriBaOOO Got to Keep it Real

Its a limited item, not a hard concept, and its sure as shit nothing new for AmiAmi imposing limits on popular items. I am really not sure why this is an issue, the OP just feels incredibly entitled to something, and I've pointed out this. Yeah, I'm trolling. Hard. But the OP totally deserves it for MINEMINEMINEMINE attitude.

They've always had limits on popular items by the way, this is definitely not anything new. So don't go spouting off drivel that it is, or trying to call to our attention this heinous and deceitful act.

17. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Sorry to hear you couldn't get as many as you wanted, but honestly I wish more retailers would do this. I mean not if someone wants 2 of something maybe they have 2 kids who each want one but like for people who are going to buy 5 + and sell them above retail.

Example: HTS, figure goes up for sale, 30 mins later they are all sold out. Did 200 people just really all just order one or did 1 person buy 20+?

18. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

The very narrow population that AmiAmi's order limit policy hurts - customizers - is nothing compared to the bulk order madness that would ensue if the policy didn't exist, from scalpers taking advantage of the low prices, or even army builders/particular collectors that "have" to have duplicates.

The order limit of 1 exists on all of the hottest DX items, popular SH Figuarts or brand-new preorders, and a few other highly collectible items, and AmiAmi has done it for some time now. I'm very happy that it exists. It's much better than Hobby Search claiming such a limit exists and ignoring it anyway - I only did it to hook Aaron and some friends up with O-Medals when they were all sleeping, but there's no reason I should ever, ever be able to order more than one Medal Set 3 when HS clearly states there's a one-per-customer limit. I can't imagine how many other people ordered duplicates, triples, or worse, and threw their scores up on eBay right away.

Don't misunderstand me either, whoever's reading this: I love both stores. They've served me well over the months/years since I started using both Hobby Search and AmiAmi, but I'd rather have AmiAmi's hard stance on order limits any day of the year.

19. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Your title is misleading and very trollish. Not their fault you misread their restrictions. And I'm sorry to say it but the perception comes like you're upset and this thread is your tantrum. If you don't like people saying you're wrong then I dunno what to tell ya. But don't claim people are trolls just cuz they disagree. That in itself is trolling.

20. Matrix Soul

News Credits:
    So when I'm trying to order an item and they say I can't so that's not AmiAmi telling me that they don't want my money? Context people, context. I'm not trolling or throwing a tantrum, this is news to me, and I'm letting people know, so if you think the title is misleading then by all means change it to "AmiAmi enforces one item per customer policy" Would that please everyone better?

Edit: please quote me from my original post where it sounded like I'm throwing a tantrum and pissed off at AmiAmi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.