AmiAmi - Experiences

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Inikalord, Aug 29, 2011.

1. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

Don't get me wrong I still shop HLJ for various reasons. They frequently put items on sale. They have a tracking system for all of your (current and previous) orders...AmiAmi doesn't offer this. Their shipping options are usually slightly cheaper too. It's also easier to cancel preorders with them....AmiAmi usually frowns upon this.

In the last several months they've tried their hardest to become competitive with AmiAmi. I've never had an issue with them and will continue to give them my business in the future.

2. Menace2Monday

Menace2Monday Member

Made my first preorder from AmiAmi yesterday. Can't believe I've never heard of them until about a month ago. Then again, I only recently got back into figure collecting.

This is usually the first place I see preorders pop up, followed shortly by HLJ and BBTS.

3. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    I've had nothing but good experiences with AmiAmi.

Their purchasing system is a little different than HLJ, and absolutely NOTHING compared to BBTS' PoL system, and as others said, you need to keep track of your preorders yourself. I've also kept in mind their dislike of cancellations, so I've never done it.

Basically, when it comes to individual items, it's nearly impossible to beat them. Their customer service is great, and stuff gets sent out blazingly fast.

4. Reigner

Reigner Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If HLJ had at least a monthly pile of loot, and they honored all their pre-orders (even if they put them on a second-run waiting list) then they'd be perfect. Only thing I have against Amiami is that they put their preorders up in the dead of night (for us anyway, it's around noon in Japan so I can't fault them there) and are usually sold out within the hour.

5. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

This is basicially the only issue I have with them, otherwise they're absolutely great. I remember once I ordered either a Revoltech or a Dobot Damashii, something relatively small, and it came in a huuuge box that was completely pointless.

Although 2 weeks ago I ordered 2 Revoltechs, and the box was almost exact-sized with a bit of packaging, so maybe they've got better about that.

6. autobotblaster

autobotblaster Y U NO!?!?!

about how long does it take them to get back to you after youve sent payment? im kinda worried cause i sent payment two hours ago and i still havent recieved a confermation that they recieved it

7. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    I paid Sunday and got my stuff today, still came in a HUGE ASS box though grrr... :mad 

It's 3:30 AM in Japan, they probably won't get back to you till they open in their morning, dude, don't worry, if AmiAmi was bad news we would have told you all about it.

8. arhra

arhra Well-Known Member

They have a limited selection of box sizes that they use, so how much packaging material you get depends greatly on how big whatever you've ordered is vs the smallest box size that'll fit it. Sometimes you get barely any packing material because your stuff will just barely fit into a box, sometimes you'll get a ton because it just barely won't fit into a box and you get bumped up into the next size up.

9. autobotblaster

autobotblaster Y U NO!?!?!

:thumb