America's Got Talent

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Jazz-Bot, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Jazz-Bot

Jazz-Bot Autobot Reconnaisance

On the behest of my voice teacher, I am posting this to say that her son, Matthew, will be on America's Got Talent Teusday September 2nd, doing famous voice impressions and that everyone should vote for him.

He has done previous voiceover work for commercials, and his mother, Judith Farris, has taught people like Matthew Broderick to sing on Broadway.

2. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    I hate that show any others that have sprung up thanks to American Idol.

:bay 

3. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    I nearly auditioned for AGT when it came through Atlanta. And then my voice coach explained in detail the show's contract for performers and it cured me from wanting to be on there. Like AI, they own you, and I'd rather not have the exposure if it limits my abilities as a performer.

I don't care much for AGT otherwise. Two of the judges don't have the qualifications to judge talent, and there are far too many plants among the performers for their "entertainment value."

I liked Terry Fator though--that guy deserved to win.

But I will watch next Tuesday, so thanks for the heads up. I'm always interested in watching impressionists.

4. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As a British citizen I feel partly responsible for this prog, derived from Britain's Got Talent.

I apologise wholeheartedly to the world on behalf of the UK for inflicting it upon the world. :( 

5. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Ok, so we were at a friends house and lo and behold they wanted to watch this show. Can I just say how much utter crap this show is and wish there was someone or something who I could sue to get my 2 hours of life back that were wasted on that piece of crap?!?!?

6. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'll stick to Greatest American Dog thank you very much. Rather watch the good doggies compete then a talentless hack do a show on stage..