American Transmetals VS Jap Metals

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by cartertime, Aug 10, 2006.

1. cartertime

cartertime Well-Known Member

To those who have both series of Transmetals/metals which line is better?
    Ive heard that the jap ones are superior due to accurate show colours and better paint applications especially to the faces. I like the way they are packaged in small boxes too.
    Any comments/ reviews of differences is appreciated as im thinking of collecting one of the series but not both.

2. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    The only Japanese Metals TF I have is Quickstrike...I like the better paint apps on him, but usually I don't really care. I know they have a lot of comparison shots at tfu.info

3. Gaokaiser

Gaokaiser Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  4. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Mine consists mostly of the Hasbro's , but if I had the money I would've went with the Takara's . Just like their paint & packaging better, and bigger catalog sheets

5. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I have a mix of both Transmetals and Japanese Metals TF's and most of them are pretty much the same. I would say Metals is better, but not worth spending the extra cash if you dont have too. The only exception I would make is Rampage and Silverbolt which are hands down better then their Hasbro counterparts.

Most of the Metals have slightly different paint apps then the TM's such as Rhinox and Airrazor but nothing to make you want to bend over backwards just to get the Metals versions of them.

But ya if your going for these guys I would say the Metals Rampage and Silverbolt are the only Metals ones worth tracking down as they flat out kick the crap out of the Hasbro versions (and they come in a 2 pack as well :D ). As for the rest, the differences are negligible at best between most of them, but the Metals also have better packaging if your into that sort of thing.

6. TigerPrawn

TigerPrawn Well-Known Member

Optimus and Megs are FAR FAR FAR better than Hasbro's. Optimus purple parts are a deep translucent plastic, looks really nice.