American movie date Question

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Alpha Prime, Jun 10, 2007.

1. Alpha Prime

Alpha Prime Ten Years Strong

Whos bright idea was it to change the release date from July 4th, aka independance day, one of the most rememberable dates in american history, to july 3. 7-4-7 is on all the posters, comercials, etc. So... i mean really how stupid.

2. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes, because Transformers has SO much to do with the day the U.S. got their independence.

3. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    it actually opens July 2nd at 8PM now.

or course, I'm sure the opening two days are gonna get bad performance, because no one outside the online fandom knows when it its opening. all the toys and commercials plug the fourth.

4. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    I thought it was pointless to move the date as well

5. Maximus_Prime

Maximus_Prime Graphicon

News Credits:
    um just to let you know the movie Independence Day was suppose to come out on July 4th...but got moved to July 2nd, and it is one of the biggest Forth of July movies of all time.

So if a movie called Independence Day can change its release date I think it's alright for Transformers to.

No problems with me, i'll be at the 8pm July 2nd show for sure :) 

6. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bay had actually mentioned wanting to do it, but I didn't think the studio would go for it.

I think Harry Potter moving from that next Friday up to wednesday, closing the Potterless competition gap from nine days to seven helped the studio decide to bump Transformers up.

7. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

THE SECOND i will see it as well as the fourth and prolly that weekend as well. God permitting

8. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I'll be there at 8 on the 2nd, and I'm sure I'll see it a couple more times on the 4th...if nothing else to avoid the holiday family gatherings;) 

9. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Think of it like this...how many movies say "Memorial Day" for there release date. Pretty much, any movie that comes out in MAY gets a "Memorial Day" release date. It's just telling people "Hey, you have this day off some come see this awesome movie!"

This is the same thing. Come see this on the 4th of July cause you have the day off! Just because they moved the actual date doesn't mean that the release date of the Fourth of July is any less valid, its just not the exact date of release. Plus 747 is AWESOME. Its symmetrical and if you add 7 into 7 you get 14 and if you multiply 1 and 4 you get 4 so you put that 4 in between the two 7s that gave you the 14 from which is spawned and you get 747.

10. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

It's Memorial Day weekend. That's the key, it's always a weekend every year. Fourth of July is usually not the weekend. And Spider-Man and Shrek are not considered Memorial Day movies, not at all. Just Pirates. Only the movie that opens that weekend is called a Memorial Day movie.

11. Alpha Prime

Alpha Prime Ten Years Strong

Nah, the 4th is scrached, the 3rd is offical. And it is less valid because it's not the release date anymore.

And another thing, i guess the cell phone toy won't make any sense not. eh? Time 7:47

12. Soundatron

Soundatron A Blight Upon The Land

the U.S. got their independence? And I thought this whole time that on that day Hancock signed some crap that agricultural democrat bastard knocked off from John Locke.

Hey wasn't the first time I was wrong.