American Idol Final 12

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Gears, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This thread is for my Transfomer nerds that watch American Idol. Some of you hate it, but I still enjoy seeing the up and coming talent. Also the way Simon rips some of the contestants is still hilarious to me. We are now down to the final 12. Well here's what I thought of tonight's episode: My man Chikezie definitly had the best performance of the night. He was on fire. Carly I thought was pretty good. Amanda gave another annoying vocal, I hope she leaves soon. Same with Kristy, UGH. David Archuleta gets the award for "LOL performance" of the night forgetting the words twice during his song. Anyone else watching? Come on, don't be shy.

2. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I'll jump in, yeah I watch this show too. I thought some of the performances were better than average but others were just down right awful. I thought Brooke White was really good, sort of a folk style to Let it Be. I thought Kristy was just simply terrible. Most likely she'll get voted off. Not only was the country rendition horrendous, but her vocals are pretty weak as well. The first girl who sang, I can't remember her name, was terrible as well. Bottom 3 should be Ramiele, the girl I can't remember, and Kristy.

3. AutobotMaximal

AutobotMaximal Covert Collector

I watch it, but only because of someone else. We have codenames for the contestants, so I'm not sure of some of their actual names. The crazy "rocker girl" with the messed up hair should definitely go bye-bye. The little kid David totally messed up last night. I wonder if he's not getting a little bit of an ego. Kristy Lee Cook needs to go as well. She whines too much. But, above anything else, I think the messed up stripper guy needs to cease to exist.

4. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i just wanna say, despite watching american idiot, i still got cata's back. holla!

5. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is actually the first season I ever gave this show a try. The only noteworthy performances were Chekezie and Carly, I thought they were both real damned good.

The rest was worthless.

EDIT: Oh shit I forgot David Cook...He was real good too!

6. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    I watch it. Been a fan of the show for a few years now. I'm liking david cook. He could walk into the studio and record a hit today.

7. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    my wife got me hooked into this...shes gonna audition next year, so i'll be calling on everyone here to vote once she makes the top 12....

but anyway, i thought chikezie killed it...he was awesome...i think him, carly and david cook will be the top 3...

and david the word forgetter just annoys the piss outta me...he's such a fake...acting so surprised that people like his singing, though he won star search a few years back...my wife found him charming at first, but since then she's grown to be annoyed with him too...and stripper boy should leave, but he wont just yet...i think the bad country singer is going home...

8. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    My wife voted for the squinty-eyed guy. I played GOW COO. On an American Idol related note, I bought Daughtry for my wife last year. It is actually pretty solid.

9. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    Yeah, I really liked Chris when he was on the show. I also bought the album. I think it's a great intro album.

10. Lumpy

News Credits:
    oh yeah, whats that guys name? jason? he's pretty awesome too....

and i hate daughtry...something about the way he looks...i think its probably that he started out as just a rocker dude, then slowly added more and more eyeliner as the weeks went on...

11. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Well I don't stare at the case, just listen to the music. :)  The CD is pretty straight foward rock.

12. MegaPrime33

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    From previous shows, I actually had high hopes for Bo, but he didn't really seem to do anything after the show aired. Did he even make an album??

EDIT: According to wiki he has 2 albums out. Huh...

13. Lumpy

News Credits:
    well, i'm sure you've had the longing gaze at the cover (i kid i kid) but maybe i'll buy it for my wife. she has been nagging the crap outta me for it...and if she's got it, i'm bound to listen to it eventually....

14. UltraDevmodious

UltraDevmodious Well-Known Member

I agree with you on thoes 2.

+ I think Carly is one gorgeous foreigner. She has my vote to win.

She and Chekezie were the ONLY non forgettable performances of the night.

I was under the false impression that Kristy Lee Cook was good looking and had a good voice. I was wrong. She very may well be a Transvestiformerā„¢.

15. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    That cover of 8 days a week was a joke. The last guy wasn't great either.

The beatles are a hard band to cover from a singing compitition. Yes their stuff was great, but they usually didn't focus on the singer as the 'star', it was a whole band performance.

I was also hoping to see a cover of 'hey Jude'

16. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

I don't watch the show but I've seen Rachelle Malumbay perform.

I hope she wins this one...

17. Lumpy

News Credits:
    i was hoping to see "i've just seen a face" but oh well...and i understand what you're saying about the singing aspect....

cant wait to find out who's gonna be gone...

18. MegaPrime33

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I'm actually a little surprised David went home and not Kristy. Kristy has the hot factor going for her, just like that one girl last year. So its possible she may last a couple more weeks.

19. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

David Cook is from our hometown. Hooray for Blue Springs, MO. I think Kristen might have gone to school with him a year or 2.

We stopped watching this year though because it's always the same old crap. The judges get their favorites and get all hypocritical and flat out stupid. They get worse as the season goes on as well. I think the only time the best one won was the first season.

20. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

She is getting the country vote just like that young kid who forgot the words and was terrible gets the young vote.

Though she is pretty low on the totem pole. I think she is neat, just not that good a singer.

Check out DIALIDOL.COM. They monitor the busy signals with the assumption the more busy signals that a line gets the more people are voting for them. And they have been surprisingly accurate and at least fill you in where people *ARE* voting opposed to where they are not.

It is a neat way to spoil the show.