American Idol Contestants - AFTER American Idol

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by My03Tundra, Jun 19, 2007.

1. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    I HATE American Idol in general. I do get a good laugh sometimes when watching the try-out videos for potential contestants. Damn, there are some talented singers (I'm trying get my friend to try-out next year), and some downright dogs. Even some of the American Idol winners aren't the true winners. They may've won American Idol, but not the one people follow.

But, what has happened to some of them? Taylor Hicks, the most recent winner, is very talented and reminds me of some of the 'ol Motown singers like Michael McDonald, and other Soul classics. Ruben Studdard has such a soulful voice, but his Pop/R&B music drowns out some of his lyrics in some of his songs. Kelly Clarkson is good, but again, too damn Pop for my tastes. The American Idol, turned country singer Carrie Underwood is good and can sing in many genres. Clay Aiken, well, teen-bopper sex icon. Even when the poor guy turns 40, he'll still look 16. Fantasia was awesome, but what happened? Again, another talented artist gon Pop/R&B.

Why is it that a show I can't stand, that shows off awesome talent, yet some of the best talent isn't truly recognized?

2. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

i dont know...the one that i usually go for at the end (the final two) always loses...except for Kelly.

3. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I get the purpose of the show and why it's formatted/organized the way it is, but until the show really does become a vehicle for showcasing "the best of the best" talent and not just a popularity and looks contest, I won't be a watcher.

There are thousands of professional singers across the country (like those who perform on Broadway, for example) that would absolutely destroy every single person who has ever appeared on Idol. I'm a bit more interested in hearing them.

4. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    They all DIAF.

5. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

yeah you said it...if that one British dude did his Opera thing on American Idol...Even though he was awesome, he'd be gone first try...cause Opera aint what kids are really into and he hasnt the look that "America" wants (remember that comment about being the Hulk's wife or something)

6. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I was under the impression that they were ground up into hamburger afterwards.

I may be wrong.

7. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I find some of the "losers" to be better off than the winners. I'm a fan of Daughtry & Hedley (Canadian Idol) who were both bounced after the top 3.

8. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

They go get agents to bug people to keep them going probably. Then FAIL. Then heroin, yay

9. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    CM make-a all me laughy laugh :lol 

10. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    My wife has the Daughtry CD. He was better off losing, god knows what kinda crap they would have written for him.