Amazon scammed me!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ironscythe, Jul 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ironscythe

ironscythe The Critic

News Credits:
    ATTENTION COLLECTORS: If you have recently ordered Sidearm Sideswipe from Amazon, which was available on their site on Sunday, be prepared for a HUGE letdown!

[​IMG]
    I apologize for the blurryness, it was taken in haste on my laptop webcam. Now, you can probably make out the name "Sidearm Sideswipe" there, but something seems fishy...
    [​IMG]
    INSTANT LETDOWN! Seems Amazon stockroom workers either have no interest in doing their jobs properly, or there's a scalping operation going on! The other half of my order, Power Core Combiners Aerialbots, came through just fine. And yes, I was able to get a refund, but still. FFFFFFFFFFFFRAGE

:mad 

2. JazzEd

JazzEd Truckasaurus!

aw man, that sucks!

3. JacobPGalvatron

JacobPGalvatron Storm Trooper #1

Silly man!
    That's what happens when you buy an unreleased figure from Amazon.

4. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    f*ck thats seriously screwed uP.

5. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    You weren't scammed. A human made a mistake. Just return it and get your money back.

6. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    That sucks, but as GogDog said, I wouldn't consider this a scam, as I doubt it was intentional. If you had gotten Sidearm Sideswipe packaging with that figure stuffed in there and resealed, then yeah, I'd have said you were scammed.

7. joebot.

joebot. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Instagram:
    I agree. They probably know next to nothing about Transformers

8. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    On a related note, Burger King customers beware! Yesterday I went to Burger King during a busy lunch rush and ordered a Whopper with no onions. They gave me a Whopper with no tomatoes instead, so naturally there's a Whopper scalping operation going on!

But seriously, mistakes happen. I had a similar experience from a private seller on Amazon, I ordered a DVD of the Highlander Immortal Edition, but was sent Highlander: The Source. If you've seen H:TS you can understand my disappointment. But I resolved the issue easily enough, slight inconvenience is nothing to rage over.

9. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Then you just didn't understand the situation. ;) 

10. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Did they ship it UPS Basic, too? I hear that's been a big scam these days.

11. Kaiserin Traxus

Kaiserin Traxus This Was a Triumph

I have to agree that it's most likely someone just made a mistake. The person probably just saw the name Sideswipe and slapped the label on it. At least you were able to get a refund. :D 

On a related note, does anyone have an inkling as to why the WFC Optimus and Bumblebee figures are listed as "Movie Collection 2" figures on their site?

12. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

As others have said, that probably wasn't intentional. But I'm glad you got your money back.

13. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

It's a mass-release toy, just go buy it in person when it comes out.

14. ironscythe

ironscythe The Critic

News Credits:
    Well, WFC Optimus Prime and Bumblebee were "unreleased" when they showed up on Amazon nearly a month ago, so why not? Plenty of places have ignored the "do not open until xx/xx/xx" stamp (being how I got my hands on Backfire two weeks before any other gold box transformers showed up), so why couldn't that have ACTUALLY been sidearm sideswipe?

Are you saying that I should hold the warehouse staff of Amazon.com to the same performance standards as a person working in Burger King? If so, then I might as well give up here and now.

Yeah, in my initial fury over the mix-up, I think I did jump the gun. I tend to be rather jaded and pessimistic (also paranoid), so I assumed the worst.

Secondly, I think amazon's wacky name listing could be a) someone wanting them to be kinda-sorta hidden on the site, or b) Hasbro stamping it on the crates they ship the toys out in. Could be the name they use in the factory.

"when it comes out" could be a year from now where I live. Oregon retail locations are consistently given the short end of the stick. It was about a week after the announcement here on TFW of the new lines being released that they actually appeared here, and I can't find a single Autobot Drift.

15. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    I think this thread has run it's course. You're mad, and it's understandable. But you were not scammed. And people are going to tell you that for 10 more pages. I'm basically a prophet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.