Amazon cancels my Alts!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by DeathFrogurt, Sep 3, 2006.

1. DeathFrogurt

DeathFrogurt The frogurt is cursed!

Prime & Mirage, gone! I'd preordered them back when they were being offered at the time of this thread:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=102445

I just checked my account ten minutes ago, and they're gone! I can't find anything about me ever ordering OP or Mirage. No emails about them, either. What's the effing deal? Am I the only one this has happened to? Will everything be back to normal tomorrow?

2. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

I've had Amazon cancel orders on my before. Mostly because there was a typo in the price and buyers hop on it.

3. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    Mine are still there Prime & Mirage, won't ship until 10/30/06 though, I don't need them anymore, should I cancel it?

4. DeathFrogurt

DeathFrogurt The frogurt is cursed!

Well yeah, if you really don't need them, that would be pretty awesome! I assume you found them from some other source? Anyways, IM me on AOL as soon as you do, I'm peanutmaker2000 and I'm going to be online for another 45 minutes.

Awesome awesome awesome THANK YOU!

5. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I've never had amazon cancel anything of mine. they had better never do it either.

6. Zombie F Body

Zombie F Body Has left the building...

Amazon and TRU.com split up. Toys R Us is doing there own thing now. I had the Marvel Legends 14 wave pre-ordered and it was cancelled. The split occured in August I believe so all pre-orders that couldn't be fullfilled by then were cancelled around that time. You'll have to order through TRU.com (which sucks so I recomend ordering through someone else if you can).

7. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

I had the rumble alt and new ravage alt preordered and they canceled those, I did get an email though.

8. Ogami Daigoro

Ogami Daigoro Blue Lantern Bearer

They emailed me on 9/1 about cancelling my Mirage order because they couldn't find any supply through their sources.

I've had them cancel only one other order (though I don't order from them too much) which was the CD Soundtrack of Panzer Dragoon Orta. It said available in 3-4 weeks, but I knew it was OOP. Gave it a shot anyway.

9. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

I had kb cancel some toys because they were on preorder, but I guess they weren't able to fill it. I had both of these on order from amazon, but got a notice that it was delayed. I kept the order until I saw walmart.com had them in, so I just ordered from them and cancelled my amazon order.

10. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I had a Prime and Mirage on order, but cancelled them after finding them locally. I'd say they would've cancelled my order eventually. They had already pushed the estimated ship date back twice.

11. Acidophilus

Acidophilus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got an e-mail this mourning informing me that my order for Alt's Rumble & Ravage had been canceled as well. I was expecting it however, since the SDCC when they said no more Alternators this year.

12. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

Me too, though I wasn't expecting those two to ship anyway.

13. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

They cancelled mine as well, which is cool since members here hooked me up locally with the Alts I had on order.

(Thanks again MikeTSI & Shadowking)

14. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Funny, I preordered my Prime when that thread first started (Also preordered Mirage and Primus, but bought them locally and cancelled) and I received it just fine....

15. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    My first post on the boards was about this issue. I remember you had a problem contacting them about it and that you got a totally different answer. Mine was cancelled in July after I contacted Amazon. They e-mailed me saying that TRU and Amazon had split as of July 1st and that they could not fill all orders. As of now Amazon.com has more Transformers than ToysRUs.com but for those that want the BWX Primal vs. Megatron set TRU has it up of pre-order and you can use your old Amazon.com account but you will have to change the password. You can change it back after setting the account up with TRU.

16. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Yeah, they said they would still fill the order. Had I not found them, I'd have left the order active and waited to see.