Amazing Survival Stories

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Phorpus, May 3, 2007.

1. Phorpus

Phorpus RHco.

I was walking from the kitchen to my den when I heard this deep *THUD* from another room. I went back to the kitchen to see if it was a pile of pots in the oven or something, it wasn't. I went to my den to see if some books had fallen down, it wasn't.

Then I expected the worst.

I went to my room and found, stunned, that my MP-05 Megatron had fallen from a shelf to the floor, which is about five feet. I instantly ran to see if anything was broken and went over it and found that absolutely nothing was broken, not a single tab, joint, flap, or screw was disturbed. Not even the paint or logos were scratched.

Does anybody else have any stories where their figures have survived near-destruction?

2. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

shhhh!!! there's a lot of people who have gotten theirs straight from the factory with the kind of damage that yours should've received!

3. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Good thing it wasn't a MP-03, it would have turned to dust after a 5 foot drop :lol 

Closest I ever came was when I evacuated for a hurricane, just in case my collection was wiped out I took my Cybertron Prime with me. Surviving two trips through airport baggage handlers, I'd say that's survival. Freaked me out cause on the return trip when I got home I found Prime crumpled up in vehicle mode with a bunch of things misaligned and separated but nothing broken so he took a hefty bump or two unscathed.

4. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

My 20th aniiversary Optimus Prime (1st version) once survived a 5 foot fall onto a hardwood floor, only his head popped off, and I popped it right back on.

Alternator Smokescreen survived a similar fall.

5. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    I have had no issues with my transformers, but my Final fantasy figure are a different story...

6. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Once I dropped an Alternator Tracks (in car mode) onto a concrete driveway. I expected serious marring of the finish, but it was barely scuffed.

7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Cybertron Yellow Scrapmetal-My Mom always knock him down becuase Of The Whatever it's Call Thingy.

Cybertron Star Scream-Survived falling off The Kitchen Counter and only with his Nullray Cannon Falling off,It's Now back on.

Cybertron Swerve-His Head was always i Problem,since i got him Back of Februray of Last year.

Well,Lets just say These are The Survivors.;) 

8. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    cool. you reenacted the TFTM scene where megs fell couple'a stories.

"soundwave dont leave me!"

9. NotoriousBIC

NotoriousBIC Prime Suspect

My BT-Prowl survived a 7-foot fall. Only had to reglue a side-view mirror.

10. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    My collection used to tempt fate...it was located about 100 feet from the Hayward fault line :) 

During the big quake here in '89 I didn't lose a single piece, though a LOT of my collection back then was Japanese robots with TONS of small missile launchers with sensitive triggers...my sister was home at the time, took shelter in the doorway to my room and described the spray of projectiles that ensued as "looking like an all out Robotech style assault on her cat" which for some reason decided the safest place for her would be on my bed...we were pulling missiles out of her fur for a week :lol 

11. NotoriousBIC

NotoriousBIC Prime Suspect

That's an awesome story :lolol 

12. QuantumShock

QuantumShock Stay for brunch ?

News Credits:
    I bet the cat was really traumatised.

13. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sadly, I have no such stories...whatever falls from 1-2 feet breaks for me...sob...sob...

14. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    MP Megatron took a 4 foot dive in my backyard. One of those little braces from the back of his legs popped out (and I didnt even realize it for several days), but nothing else was wrong with it.

Alt Nemesis Prime took a probably 3 foot dive onto wooden stairs (actually, I think he might've additionally tumbled down the stairs and onto the concrete, but I dont remember clearly) and there didnt seem to be a scratch on him.

Alt Camshaft fell off the back of my computer desk at least 3 times, and didnt experience any mirror breakage until the last time. After that I rearranged my speakers to try and give him some more support, and as of yet he hasnt fallen again.

I've had a few incidents of 20th Prime's top-heavy weight toppling over, making a domino effect with whatever Alternators might be in front of him, and sometimes falling backwards to the floor as well. But he's a hard one to damage (easy to scratch the paint though)

15. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

No TF stories (fortunately), but my gigantic SOTA Lord of Darkness recently took an 8-foot plunge of the top of a bookcase and only his head popped off as well as a horn and they popped right back on. :) 

16. Quantum

Quantum Oh good

When I used to have R.I.D. Omega Prime, my ex knocked him off a four foot pedastal and every single connecting piece gave and he blew into a bunch of pieces. When I came home, he was all taped together with band-aids to make light of the situation. I was pissed until, upon further inspection, he wasn't damaged at all. Then it was pretty funny.

17. Armada_MK

Armada_MK Emissary of Primus

News Credits:
    Well I was watching a movie with some friends, and i felt bad they couldn't see to well, so i a asked if they wanted we to turn the tv towards them and then sarah got up and said its ok i'll do it,and i was ok, she turned the tv a little to fast, and i had to masterpiece piece primes sitting on top the tv, and as she turned it both masterpiece primes came crashing to the ground, Long story short they survived with no damage, I was amazed:eek: 

18. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Once, an original die cast Voltron fell about six feet off his shelf.

He was completely unscathed. I was asleep on my bed at the time, right in the path of the fall.

He survived the fall, and the subsequent "OW YOU STUPID THING" reaction as I work up with a sore head.

He's still sat in the box I put him in after that, decided not to put him back and tempt fate (and sleepless nights)

19. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

Galaxy Force Prime and a 3-4 foot drop on a concrete floor. I was expecting his wings to snap into pieces, but all that happens was his gun fell out of it's holder.

20. a person

a person Is not amused.

News Credits:
    My Cybertron Backstop survived a 7 foot fall. :eek: 

Only time I can remember something falling was when my cat decided she wanted to inspect my Transformers shelves at night time. She jumped up and my Cybertron Primus took a 8 foot fall along with Metroplex, Optimus Prime and Galvatron, none broke but Primus has real loose finger joints on his left hand, also I spent hours trying to get Galvatrons missles to stay in after that.